Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

Old 28-01-2005, 12:27   #1
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

Nintendo announced that this innovative new console will be available to buy in the UK on 11 March at the estimated retail price of around £99 and will be supported by a strong software line up of 15 games:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...4Fp7OQDDhR1EmB

If you are really eager you can get yours early for only 1000 stars and £129.99 for the VIP Pak:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...PTVW8WXyhy7ST1
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2005, 12:38   #2
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
Re: Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

You can get one NOW for £99 from Importmadness the only catch is that customs MIGHT charge you VAT.

There is no region coding on the DS remember.

You will need to buy an adapter for charging, (which they can also supply) but thats nothing and if you have a Gameboy Adv you can use the cable from that apparently.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 12:47   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder
Nintendo announced that this innovative new console will be available to buy in the UK on 11 March at the estimated retail price of around £99 and will be supported by a strong software line up of 15 games:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...4Fp7OQDDhR1EmB

If you are really eager you can get yours early for only 1000 stars and £129.99 for the VIP Pak:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...PTVW8WXyhy7ST1
I have mine reserved through the stars VIP site. Just awaiting an email so I can call them to pay for it. Should get it before the 11 march too. They seem to be hoping that the 3000 that get them this way will spread the word about it. Was thinking of leaving the DS and just getting a PSP from the USA when I am out there in April but when I found out about the offer from ninty I thought why not.
Old 28-01-2005, 13:00   #4
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

i done my Stars VIP DS order too, just need to make a call to Nintendo now when I get paid next week.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 13:00   #5
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

What the hell are stars and how would you get them?
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 13:19   #6
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
What the hell are stars and how would you get them?
Stars are like an online Nintendo loyalty card. You get them when you buy Nintendo stuff, like 250 for a game 1000 for a Gamecube, etc..
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 13:31   #7
dr wadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I have mine reserved through the stars VIP site. Just awaiting an email so I can call them to pay for it. Should get it before the 11 march too. They seem to be hoping that the 3000 that get them this way will spread the word about it. Was thinking of leaving the DS and just getting a PSP from the USA when I am out there in April but when I found out about the offer from ninty I thought why not.
I phoned them up about an hour ago but they are not starting to process payments until Monday, which is a tad annoying. At least I've had the e-mail to confirm that it has been reserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder
Stars are like an online Nintendo loyalty card. You get them when you buy Nintendo stuff, like 250 for a game 1000 for a Gamecube, etc..
It's annoying that you can`t register a product twice, even if you have a legitimate need for more than one of that item. Because I'd registered the bongos that came with my Donkey Konga bundle it now won`t let me register and drums bought separately.
Old 28-01-2005, 13:36   #8
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era

Nintendo should have realised that u can't put in duplicate stars for bongos in the first place.
Old 28-01-2005, 14:26   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

[QUOTE=dr wadd]I phoned them up about an hour ago but they are not starting to process payments until Monday, which is a tad annoying. At least I've had the e-mail to confirm that it has been reserved.
QUOTE]

I don't mind that at all as I get paid on monday so will have plenty of cash to spare.
Old 28-01-2005, 17:50   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Just got home and checked my email. It says that once payment is recieved your pak should be posted within 48hrs!! So Imight have it by next weekend if that is correct.
Old 28-01-2005, 18:42   #11
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

i have physically seen a DS and played on a PSP and i can say the PSP is the better of the two, design, layout, the DS is very 'plastic' and feels as if its going to snap...

gameswise ridge racer looked very droolworthy, im not a mario fan so it just looked well.....kiddie
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 18:46   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
i have physically seen a DS and played on a PSP and i can say the PSP is the better of the two, design, layout, the DS is very 'plastic' and feels as if its going to snap...

gameswise ridge racer looked very droolworthy, im not a mario fan so it just looked well.....kiddie
I know this thanks, was not gonna get one but I can get it a month before the rest of the uk so that is cool. As said prev gonna get a PSP from the States. Big game freak. got every console around at the moment.
Old 28-01-2005, 19:07   #13
TigaSefi
Inactive

Couldn't u be ANY MORE predictable Kronas ? oh the PSP has a well known defect with it's button, also Sony won't replace it if u get a dead pixel while Nintendo will. Typical Sony money grabbing priorities.
Old 29-01-2005, 01:12   #14
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

For £129.99 you can currently get a limited DS but they are limited edition so if you want one get on the Nintendo site quickly.

You get all this:

• Nintendo DS system
  • Super Mario 64 DS (pre-release version) (rated '3+')
  • Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (Demo version) (rated '12+')**
  • Wario Ware Touched! (Demo version) (Rated '3+')
  • Exclusive Nintendo DS T-shirt
Personaly I think it is better than the PSP. Nintendo know the handheld gaming business and have done from day one. Sony are just beginners at this.
The DS seems to be dedicated to gaming whilst the PSP wants to bang in everything it can and will probably need loads of expensive little add on's to actually use the other features.
The PSP does look nice thuogh, although the retro Nintendo look is also good.
I think the DS has a wider choice of games and although the PSP will have some high end graphic launch titles, there won't be a big choice.
The best games aren't always graphics-intensive and thats where Nintendo seem to know what they are doing.
If I had the money right now, I'd certianly get myself one.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2005, 02:25   #15
dr wadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
The DS seems to be dedicated to gaming whilst the PSP wants to bang in everything it can and will probably need loads of expensive little add on's to actually use the other features.
I've seen a friend's PSP and the main thing I found limiting about it was the lack of a hard drive. I know the DS doesn`t have a hard either, but then it doesn`t really need one. Given the fact that PSP can play movies that you've encoded yourself I don`t think the memory sticks cut it. I want portable video as well and since the PSP isn`t going to do that well enough for me it has slipped down the list of purchasing priorities, got an Archos AV480 instead with 80gig of storage