Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2004, 22:02   #31
Munkeh
Inactive

Services: None
Munkeh is on a distinguished roadMunkeh is on a distinguished road
Re: CF receive broadband speed upgrade Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I think the upgrade only applies to residential customers.
Business customers will hopefully get their upgrade the week before the residential customers, all being well and good
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2004, 22:05   #32
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkeh
Business customers will hopefully get their upgrade the week before the residential customers, all being well and good
lucky *******
Old 14-07-2004, 22:05   #33
Munkeh
Inactive

Services: None
Munkeh is on a distinguished roadMunkeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
it depends really, the rollout may occour in most areas, with some left until later... it depends on the maintainence windows, i guess we will have to keep an eye out on the service status
Should take about 5 days.
Old 14-07-2004, 22:07   #34
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkeh
Should take about 5 days.
*ponders if his area will be one of the first.
Old 14-07-2004, 22:11   #35
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Oh My god, A date, and note, it isnt late summer well, nearly mid summer, ish (dont hit me with that) (apart from unlucky STB 1Meg'ers) WOOHOO!
Old 14-07-2004, 23:13   #36
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

I'd rather have a cheaper 1mb with 256 upload than 1.5MB at £38.
Old 15-07-2004, 00:35   #37
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salu
I'd rather have a cheaper 1mb with 256 upload than 1.5MB at £38.

cant please everyone, the price increase was proberbly a con anyway.
Old 15-07-2004, 00:50   #38
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Ah i bet there this is a get of jail card in here somewhere.

Like the 1st August 200?

No we really meant 2005 etc.

Old 15-07-2004, 14:01   #39
Psychotext
Inactive

Psychotext is an unknown quantity at this point

Time to downgrade to the 600k service. I am not happy about those dates. First they make 1mb users pay more then they make them wait another month over the 600k users for the speed bump.

Bad show NTL!
Old 15-07-2004, 15:39   #40
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotext
Time to downgrade to the 600k service. I am not happy about those dates. First they make 1mb users pay more then they make them wait another month over the 600k users for the speed bump.

Bad show NTL!
Read the story again. The delay in 1Mb upgrades is only for STB users, and it's because STBs have to be replaced to a newer model if they are to handle 1.5Mb. SACM users will all be upgraded at the same time, whatever their current service level (depending on area). Being in Cardiff, you're using a SACM, and so (assuming the details in the news story are correct) will be upgraded at the same time as everyone else in your area.
Old 15-07-2004, 16:02   #41
Psychotext
Inactive

Psychotext is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh... that's what I get for just skimming the story. Thanks for the clarification. * slaps forehead *
Old 15-07-2004, 20:33   #42
madcap
Inactive

madcap is an unknown quantity at this point

bah! i gotta wait an extra month for my STB speed upgrade and on that note I havn't actually heard from CS yet to arrange a date for my new box. (got the letter bout 3-4 weeks ago)
Old 16-07-2004, 11:49   #43
grindkid25
Inactive

grindkid25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to grindkid25

and only about 2 and a half weeks to wait
Old 16-07-2004, 12:41   #44
trebor
Inactive

Services: DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
trebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud of

good news, but I will still wait for it to happen before I get excited, this is NTL we're talking about

can somebody refresh my memory as to why the 600k service isn't having a 50% increase? I can see it spaces the tiers evenly but it doesn't seem very fair unless there is a price cut due, to compensate, which I doubt.
Old 16-07-2004, 13:06   #45
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor
good news, but I will still wait for it to happen before I get excited, this is NTL we're talking about

can somebody refresh my memory as to why the 600k service isn't having a 50% increase? I can see it spaces the tiers evenly but it doesn't seem very fair unless there is a price cut due, to compensate, which I doubt.
You're getting a 25% increase for nothing - and your tier wasn't previously affected by the price rises either - pray tell, what is not 'fair' about that??
Closed Thread