Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2004, 10:00   #1501
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

That would be 2004 Tellytubbie :p

Trust me all should be good
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2004, 19:29   #1502
daxx
Inactive

Services: All XL
daxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to daxx Send a message via AIM to daxx Send a message via MSN to daxx Send a message via Yahoo to daxx

Well as usuall we'll just have to'wait and see' what 4th November 2004 brings, who knows maybe even the promise of higher speeds >4meg either 'on demand or a 'build your own' package.

Something along these lines would certainly bring NTL to the forefront and knock the current adsl offerings for a six, or 'just maybe' Telewest will announce it the day before leaving poor old NTL looking like a 'wannabee' ISP.

Most of us that use this forum know that NTL have the technology, and indeed staff capable of implementing it and most importantly maintaining the network IF they were left to do the jobs that that were hired to do so instead of running around doing 'someone elses job' whos job description sounds vaguely like their own e.g contains the word 'engineer or technician'
Old 29-10-2004, 08:31   #1503
bob_a_builder
Inactive

bob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to behold
Reading RG6 4xb upgrade to 750k ?

Last working day of Oct, they are cutting it a bit fine - still no sign of any upgrade here as promised on the post code checker

I don't know why I'm not suprised by that

Anyone else nearby been upgraded OK ?

I'v tried leaving SACM off for hours at a time to no avail
Old 31-10-2004, 08:55   #1504
Scotianet
Inactive

Scotianet is on a distinguished roadScotianet is on a distinguished road

Does anyone in the PA15 area had there SACM upgrade to 750Kb yet... I have been in touch with NTL and been told that this area is being done in November and they told me to check the post code checker to keep up to date but it says congratulations u were upgraded in August ??
Old 31-10-2004, 11:46   #1505
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

bob_a_builder and Scotianet- PM me the mac address from the bottom of the modem and i will check this tomorrow
Old 01-11-2004, 11:57   #1506
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Have the STBs been upgraded early? Last night, with DUMeter which has always been really accurate, my downloads were staying around 130k/s-140k/s, and hitting 160k/s. Certainly never did that before.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:39   #1507
IanUK
Inactive

IanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really nice

No change here yet.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:39   #1508
LooeyUK
Inactive

LooeyUK is on a distinguished roadLooeyUK is on a distinguished road

Im on 1MB - STB and mine hasnt upgraded yet...
Old 01-11-2004, 14:12   #1509
daxx
Inactive

daxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to beholddaxx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to daxx Send a message via AIM to daxx Send a message via MSN to daxx Send a message via Yahoo to daxx

Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:11:47 UTC
1st 128K took 1047 ms = 125188 Bytes/sec = approx 1042 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 1062 ms = 123420 Bytes/sec = approx 1027 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 1063 ms = 123304 Bytes/sec = approx 1026 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 1078 ms = 121588 Bytes/sec = approx 1012 kbits/sec

not yet by the looks of it
Old 01-11-2004, 15:22   #1510
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooeyUK
Im on 1MB - STB and mine hasnt upgraded yet...
Mine neither..........I'm not far from you
Old 01-11-2004, 16:55   #1511
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
Have the STBs been upgraded early?
No. Trust me on this. Maintenance windows are small hours of the morning Tuesday to Thursday, which should give you a clue
Old 03-11-2004, 18:35   #1512
Elysium
Inactive

Elysium is an unknown quantity at this point

No upgrades here at all so far (Samsung STB user).. sheesh .. is it ever going to happen!?
Old 03-11-2004, 19:01   #1513
daxx
Inactive

tomorrow is thursday reboot happening when I get in from work at 0700 and then probably spending the next three hours on the phone to CS
Old 04-11-2004, 01:18   #1514
yorkiex
Inactive

Services: 10mb broadband , ntl digital tv, ntl phone
yorkiex is on a distinguished roadyorkiex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to yorkiex

my stb has been upgraded yesssssssssssssssssssssssss 1.5meg good job Ntl on time like you said

Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:14:33 UTC
1st 128K took 721 ms = 181792 Bytes/sec = approx 1513 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 711 ms = 184349 Bytes/sec = approx 1534 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 701 ms = 186979 Bytes/sec = approx 1556 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 731 ms = 179305 Bytes/sec = approx 1492 kbits/sec
Old 04-11-2004, 01:19   #1515
Anarki
Inactive

Anarki is an unknown quantity at this point

YAY!

Baguley looks like its on, (is that correct spelling?) my Samsung STb is pulling 180kbs

Increase is here for STB owners in Wirral
Closed Thread