Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Play wii games straight from a hard drive/USB flash drive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Play wii games straight from a hard drive/USB flash drive

Old 08-04-2009, 19:18   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
http://www.wiinewz.com

Ah man!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2009, 19:22   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Play wii games straight from a hard drive/USB flash drive

ive got access to the files to set this up but not done it yet

Bare in mind you need the Homebrew channel to install this and if you have updated to system menu 4 then you will have to wait if you have not already Twilighted it
Old 10-04-2009, 09:37   #3
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

Im a little confused.

So is this the Twilight hack without the need for Twilight Princess

I was going to get into the scene, but I read I would have to launch the hack everytime I turned my console on, so didnt bother.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:45   #4
zing_deleted

No this is a second hack that allows you to play games off the hard drive. You need The Homebrew Channel to install any of these hacks all it is is an exploit that allows code not signed by Nintendo. This is all the Homebrew channel does you can not play copied games with just the Homebrew Channel you can just install other software

You only need to launch the hack every time if you are on system menu 3.4. When I do Wiis I downgrade to system menu 3.2e and then install a program called Starfall which blocks upgrades from discs. If you have upgraded to system menu 4 you will have to wait anyway for a new hack to be written
Old 07-06-2009, 09:36   #5
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

I see they've updated this again, now those machines with menu 4 can use this too
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:47   #6
zing_deleted

Super Smash Brawl has an exploit to now too for some reason they still call it a Twilight hack to install The Homebrew Channel.There is a new banner hack also Nintendo = epic fail lol

Depending on the hack though there are a couple of models of Wii that will brick so be careful

Quote:
These instructions assume that you DO NOT have a Wii with a serial number that STARTS with LU64/LU65! IF YOU DO THEN PLEASE STOP NOW AS IT WILL NOT WORK!! It is also assumed that you have NO disc in your Wii, you have REMOVED all GameCube Memory Cards and Controllers, have copied EVERYTHING from this rar file to the ROOT of your SD Card (maintaining the directory structure) and that your SD Card does NOT have any other files on it! Finally, please make sure that your SD Card is actually inserted into your Wii BEFORE you proceed ;-/
This information is released with the Bannerbomb hack
Old 15-06-2009, 12:22   #7
zing_deleted

Installed and tested the USB loader channel and games boot a lot quicker off it. Got 10 games on a 30 gig hdd I had lying around 2 of which scrubbed down to <500 meg all but 1 scrubbed down over a gig
Old 28-07-2009, 20:59   #8
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

I've just did this today and im well impressed.

Managed to transfer my own games onto my external usb drive so I can clear the mess of games from around my tv and play my games in peace.

Well worth doing

How do you scrub the games?
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 21:00   #9
zing_deleted

you dont need to its done for you when you transfer them to the usb drive

The Wii only plays DVD5 discs that are full so basically any game without enough data gets padded out all the scrubbing does is remove the padding and just keeps the data. You can take games off the USB drive and you will find them back to full dvd 5
Old 28-07-2009, 21:04   #10
Hiroki
Inactive

Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one

Nevermind.
Old 28-07-2009, 21:08   #11
zing_deleted

Thats could well be advice that would be frowned upon so I will answer no
Old 28-07-2009, 21:18   #12
Hiroki
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Thats could well be advice that would be frowned upon so I will answer no
Haha I meant that for personal use on my own games as my family are heavy handed with game dvds. Sorry about that
Old 29-07-2009, 12:46   #13
moiraf100
Inactive

Services: M+Tivo: VM 50mb BB: VM M phone: 15" Macbook Pro 10.9.1 iPhone 5 iPad 2
moiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nice

I've got a 500gb FreeAgent, and I've read that they aren't compatible with the Wii.
moiraf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 13:08   #14
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiraf100 View Post
I've got a 500gb FreeAgent, and I've read that they aren't compatible with the Wii.
I dunno but a usb disk is a usb disk unless it somehow blocks you formating it to the correct file structure I can not see how. Ive got a 2 gig hard drive chucked into a usb optical drive enclosure working fine on mine
Old 30-07-2009, 18:37   #15
Hiroki
Inactive

Think it's more to do with the FreeAgents spinning down after a while.