Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 15-07-2019, 14:28   #91
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmylong View Post
Jesus just get a 4g router on amazon with a cheap payandgo unlimited sim deal from three UK or smarty uk.
That what I have done at my university apartment we are only paying £18.75 smarty unlimited data.
Thanks, will look into that.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Back to the dark ages then?

Why don't you just drop down to the minimum package?

I'm on the lowest package. M50 fibre broadband and landline. I get a loyalty discount of £5 a month. So now on £37 a month and then add £2.50 price increase to that in September.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2019, 14:30   #92
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Livelysprite get on the phone to them and threaten to cancel. Tell them you can get Vodafone superfast fibre broadband and landline for £27. Give your notice period and reject any offers in that call.

They'll phone back in 2-3 days with better offers.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 16:23   #93
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Livelysprite get on the phone to them and threaten to cancel. Tell them you can get Vodafone superfast fibre broadband and landline for £27. Give your notice period and reject any offers in that call.

They'll phone back in 2-3 days with better offers.
Thanks. If I'm correct, I'll be out of contract when they increase the prices in September and can phone them then.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 17:26   #94
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

No worries. In some cases notification of the rise gives a time limited get out where you can threaten to cancel now. Not had my letter yet so don’t know if this applies.
Old 18-07-2019, 19:03   #95
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I received an email to say that my monthly bill would be increasing by £4 from September.

As I have just been given an extra discount of £5 off per month (removal of the TiVo fee), this would have almost wiped this out, so I gave them a call earlier.

I was told that the email that I received was generic and sent to everybody and that my bill would not be increasing!?

This doesn't sound correct to me because, AFAIK, the letters/emails are personalised to the services that a customer takes. She's put this on the notes in case it does increase.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 20:39   #96
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I just like the advert on TV with the two guys (one in a disguise) in a dimly lit room... [I know you... you are an existing customer... why can't you treat us as the same as new customers... then they drag him away still in his chair.

It reminds of VM and some other companies that treat their loyal customers this way.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 20:40   #97
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

If it was sent to everyone I would have it to so it's obviously bollocks.
Old 18-07-2019, 20:55   #98
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Wouldn’t be too optimistic on that.

If it got sent to everyone the call centre would get swamped.
Old 18-07-2019, 21:50   #99
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Still waiting for mine but I'm in no doubt it will arrive soon !
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 18:43   #100
Saint man
Inactive

Saint man is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't posted in years but just had my increase email. Going up £4.48 for broadband only, a 12.7% increase, disgusting amount. Not sure what structure of increase they are using, is it just a random increase and no structure at all, surely this is too much, or have others been hit as hard?
Saint man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 19:59   #101
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

£3.28 for some reason...
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 20:10   #102
Saint man
Inactive

Strange, I don't think Virgin actually posted a link to there price increase table, don't think it actually exists and they just use a random generated increase.
Old 20-07-2019, 12:39   #103
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Letter arrived today £4 from September 1st

Bit stuck really as BT, Sky etc only go to 20mb ish on the internet

Last edited by Gavin-D; 20-07-2019 at 12:47.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 13:12   #104
Saint man
Inactive

Looking again at my increase think it works out that I now will pay the same as what a new customer would pay. I can only imagine they are increasing by the amount required to get everyone paying the same, can think of no other reason because percentage wise everyone's looks as though it is different. Surely they should just be increasing by a set percentage for everyone at CPI or RPI, not odd monthly increments. Why not for example say £2 a month BB only etc.
Old 20-07-2019, 13:52   #105
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint man View Post
Looking again at my increase think it works out that I now will pay the same as what a new customer would pay. I can only imagine they are increasing by the amount required to get everyone paying the same, can think of no other reason because percentage wise everyone's looks as though it is different. Surely they should just be increasing by a set percentage for everyone at CPI or RPI, not odd monthly increments. Why not for example say £2 a month BB only etc.
No one will ever pay the same.