Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 10-06-2004, 21:23   #151
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Well, having watched Jurassic Park III last night, I'd rate it as better than Jurassic Park II but not as good as the original Jurassic Park (once you'd got over the longuers of the first half hour or so).
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2004, 22:10   #152
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Starship Troopers 2 - um - er - do I HAVE to actually give points?

Well - if i do - then it's a 1/10

If I'm allowed - then 0/10

At least I have a nice new shiny coaster (a red one too)
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 22:17   #153
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've heard negative opinions of it, but....Is it really that bad?!

I nearly bought it, as I love the first one. Glad I didn't, now.

It didn't even have the same cast, did it? Different director too I think, rather than Verhoeven.

If only they had made a sequel properly.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 22:22   #154
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
It does have a couple of interesting ideas.

Quote:

Rent it

Quote:

It didn't even have the same cast, did it? Different director too I think, rather than Verhoeven.
Different cast (set 5yrs after the end of the first film) and a different director too (the director is the special effects bloke that did the first film tho - so the bugs look the same)

Quote:
Definately - I think the only sequel I really liked more than the first one was aliens.
Old 10-06-2004, 22:28   #155
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Ah, Aliens.....

Now that is a perfect sequel.
Old 10-06-2004, 22:30   #156
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Ah, Aliens.....

Now that is a perfect sequel.
Yes - in fact I think I'll put in on now and imagine I never saw the other one at all
Old 10-06-2004, 22:32   #157
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

I watched 50 first dates the other day... not my kind of film at all, but the mrs wanted to see it... so i obliged.

I was pleasantly surprised! 9/10

MB
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 23:32   #158
Graham

Quote:

The sequel???

If only they'd made the damn first one properly!!

"Let's send a bunch of troops down to a hostile planet with no air support or armour or heavy weapons backup..."

"Oh look, someone's just done a flash manoeuvre with a space ship that could have damaged the ship and the station, phew, we're so glad she got away with it that we're not going to rip her a new a$$hole..."

"Hey, we're highly trained soldiers walking down a narrow valley with no scouts out, nobody on the high ground and, oh, look, falling rocks, let's not worry about them..."

etc etc etc
Old 10-06-2004, 23:36   #159
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
The sequel???

"Let's send a bunch of troops down to a hostile planet with no air support or armour or heavy weapons backup..."

"Oh look, someone's just done a flash manoeuvre with a space ship that could have damaged the ship and the station, phew, we're so glad she got away with it that we're not going to rip her a new a$$hole..."

"Hey, we're highly trained soldiers walking down a narrow valley with no scouts out, nobody on the high ground and, oh, look, falling rocks, let's not worry about them..."

etc etc etc
Yes - and lets miss out - capsules - skinnies and (powerd armour)
Old 11-06-2004, 00:15   #160
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
The sequel???

I enjoy stupid films
Old 11-06-2004, 01:22   #161
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
I enjoy stupid films
"Dude, where's my car?" was as stupid as they come, but bloody brilliant, I thought. It is one of those movies that you would love for its abstract originality, or hate for being so dumb.

I was going to say a bit about the sequel, but anyone know what the deal with that is? Details are very sketchy. All say it is coming out in 2004, one even said US date is in July. But not many sites mention it, and IMDB isn't even carrying it (even though it carries movies in production for the next 3 years). Hmmm/. If anyone is interested, it is called: "Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?"
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:14   #162
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

Out of Time - On DVD. Denzil Washington who's a pretty good bet for a film being good, and the guy who plays the alien doctor in Startrek:Enterprise plays the Medical Examiner in it. He plays a good part, v.funny at times. 8/10
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:18   #163
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
The sequel???

etc etc etc
Hmmm, Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m guessing that you didnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t exactly enjoy Starship Troopers then?

We watched †˜From Hellâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ on Sky last night †“ not bad, with a few interesting ideas on the Jack the Ripper story, and Johnny Depp doing his now famous stoned Englishman act. I think it was worth a 7 / 10
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 13:35   #164
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Hmmm, Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m guessing that you didnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t exactly enjoy Starship Troopers then?
Whatever gave you that idea?!
Old 12-06-2004, 19:28   #165
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
I enjoy stupid films

The Core (DVD)

Maybe a 7 out of 10.

Silly, but enjoyable, disaster movie. Kind of like Armageddon, but inside the Earth instead of in outer space.