Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 22-06-2020, 14:02   #46
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

TODAY'S FREEVIEW CHANGES

55 - 5STAR+1 (COM8) closed
56 - 5USA+1 (COM7) closed

64 - FreeSports (COM8) moved to COM7

67 - CBS Reality+1 (COM7) closed
69 - CBS Justice+1 (COM8) closed

71 - CBS Drama (COM6) moved to Channel Number 67

74 - Shopping Quarter (COM7) moved to PSB3

83 - NOW 80s (COM8) moved to COM7
89 - Together TV+1 (COM8) moved to COM7
93 - PBS America+1 (COM8) moved to COM7
96 - Forces TV (COM8) moved to COM7
106 - BBC FOUR HD (COM8) moved to COM7

109 - Channel 4+1 HD (COM7) closed
110 - 4seven HD (COM7) closed

111 - QVC HD (COM8) moved to COM7
112 - QVC Beauty HD (COM8) moved to COM7
114 - QUEST HD (COM8) moved to COM7

115 - TJC HD (COM7) closed

205 - CBeebies HD (COM8) moved to COM7

Last edited by cheekyangus; 22-06-2020 at 14:25.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2020, 14:11   #47
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

CCXTV has moved from COM5 to COM4
and
Hochanda has moved in the opposite direction from COM4 to COM5.

The latter actually matches the hours announced a few weeks ago when Hochanda said it was expanding them. So they've swapped slots.

Also: New Channel!

Ideal Extra has launched on Channel 94 on the Local Multiplex.

Yes, it seems that they've added an extra stream on the Local Multiplex!

I've got no picture or sound, but can confirm the guide data is there. I've still got the other channels on the multiplex so this isn't a replacement.

I can't confirm it, as I'm not techie enough, but I think they've changed how the Local Multiplex is broadcast. It was QPSK and now is 4QAM according to my TV, for all the channels broadcasting on it.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 30-06-2020 at 14:16.
Old 03-07-2020, 17:10   #48
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Look like Ideal World Extra will NOT be on Freeview for that long.

Here is the listings for "That's Scotland" as of July 1st.

Weekdays
6am - That's 80s (Music from 1980's)
9am - TJC (Telly Shopping)
3pm - That's 70s (Music from 1970's)
6pm - Local News
6.15pm - That's 70s (Music from 1970's)
11pm - That's 80s (Music from 1980's)

Weekends

Source: My Freeview TV Set.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Do anyone 100% know who own CCXTV?

We are thinking it Forces TV or Talking Pictures TV.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 18:37   #49
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Look like Ideal World Extra will NOT be on Freeview for that long.

Here is the listings for "That's Scotland" as of July 1st.

Weekdays
6pm - Local News
6.15pm - That's 70s (Music from 1970's)

Weekends

Source: My Freeview TV Set.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Do anyone 100% know who own CCXTV?

We are thinking it Forces TV or Talking Pictures TV.
Ideal Shopping Direct (who run the Ideal World shopping channel):

https://www.mediapaediabroadcast.com...y-Birthday-MPB

It's been speculated that it will only appear on Freeview as it was created for Ideal World to be able to sell off the slot.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 03-07-2020 at 18:44.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 18:52   #50
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old Sony Movies slot on COM5
-Old 4Music slot on COM6

Part time slots:
-CCXTV slot on SDN (10pm to 7am only)
-CITV/ITV3 +1 slot on COM4 (12am to 6am only)

All information right as of July 3rd.
Old 03-07-2020, 19:33   #51
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Media Boy, what has the schedule info for That's Scotland got to do with Ideal Extra? Aside from both being on the Local Mux they've got nothing in common.

Also, are you getting video/audio for it? I'm not, but I get the EPG info and the other channels on the multiplex are fine.
Old 03-07-2020, 19:57   #52
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Media Boy, what has the schedule info for That's Scotland got to do with Ideal Extra? Aside from both being on the Local Mux they've got nothing in common.

Also, are you getting video/audio for it? I'm not, but I get the EPG info and the other channels on the multiplex are fine.
I can see "Local Channels" being axe soon plus I was just letting everyone know what That's Scotland is broadcasting.

Ideal World Extra is working fine with sound and Video with me.

I can confirmed that Ideal World Extra is broadcasting 24 hours.
Old 03-07-2020, 20:55   #53
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I tuned into That's Scotland this afternoon and was greeted with an ABBA video. A great increase in the quality of content!

I'm thinking my local transmitter hasn't configured Ideal Extra properly, I've checked on multiple devices, all get the other Local Mux channels no problem. They aren't likely to find out any time soon given how few viewers they'll be getting.
Old 03-07-2020, 21:03   #54
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I tuned into That's Scotland this afternoon and was greeted with an ABBA video. A great increase in the quality of content!

I'm thinking my local transmitter hasn't configured Ideal Extra properly, I've checked on multiple devices, all get the other Local Mux channels no problem. They aren't likely to find out any time soon given how few viewers they'll be getting.
I wonder how much room the Local Mux now have with Ideal World Extra being added

Three more SD 24 hour Channels?
Old 03-07-2020, 22:18   #55
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I wonder how much room the Local Mux now have with Ideal World Extra being added

Three more SD 24 hour Channels?
I haven't found any confirmation about transmission change aside from what I've seen on my TV's settings. RXTVinfo showed me a DBR graph screenshot from after Ideal Extra was added but I can't find it on DBR.
Old 04-07-2020, 00:07   #56
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

CCXTV now has a 24 hour slot, but it's broadcast hours haven't changed. It's currently only showing an off air slate during it's extra hours whilst Ideal Shopping Direct decide what to do with the extra hours now available to them.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 17:36   #57
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

​There was speculation what Merit, from ITV, was when the channel license appeared as few weeks ago.

Now we know, a cooking and gardening channel taking over the Freeview ITV3+1 slot and channel number 34.

Full details here.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2020/merit-laun...nnel-34​
Old 24-07-2020, 15:04   #58
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I can confirmed that my Freeview EPG is reporting that ITV3 +1 will have new broadcasting hours on Freeview from Tuesday (July 28th)

ITV3 +1 will start broadcasting from midnight to 3am from Tuesday.
Old 24-07-2020, 15:33   #59
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Thanks Media Boy. Wonder if that signals an imminent start to Merit?
Old 28-07-2020, 15:20   #60
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Merit now has EPG data (Source: my Freeview HD TV). On Wednesday 29th it has info from 9pm until midnight as expected. However from Thursday onwards its schedule is from 8pm to 11pm which probably means CITV is having an hour reduction in hours as ITV3+1 shares that stream currently.

Posters on Digital Spy have reported the same schedule hours, so it's not just my television.

As an interesting (well to me ) difference Media Boy, my TV is still showing the current hours for ITV3+1 for as far forward as the guide goes. I think this is just the way the guide on this TV is populated. I expect it to change eventually.