Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All F1 2004 Discussions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

All F1 2004 Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 19-03-2004, 21:40   #61
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Smile Re: Formula One Motor Racing

ITV-F1.com have closed the F1 forum

26th February 2004
Notice to Messageboard Users

It is with considerable regret that we announce the closure of the ITV-F1 messageboards with immediate effect.

We remain committed to providing the best F1 news and view on the web and continue to offer readers the opportunity to voice their opinions in our Talkback section.

The ITV-F1 website

I remember last year when ITV decided not to broadcast a live qualifying event many F1 fans were up in arms & expressed their disappointment on the ITV F1 forum & ofcourse the ITV F1 website couldnt handle the bad publicity as all the papers covered it as F1 fans were clearly upset.

anyway i have sent the ITV F1 Team an email which reads

Dear Team

Its a real shame that ITV can not show all live F1 qualifying events, F1 fans are forced to avoid the news and the papers till the repeat qualifying on Sat 13:30.

The BBC when they aired F1 covered all the live F1 qualifying why cant ITV?

One disappointed live qualifying F1 fan

I wonder if James Allen, Martin Brundle, Louise Goodman, Ted Kravitz, Jim Rosenthal, Tony Jardine or Mark Blundell. will read my email out live on the programme..

If anyone wants to send any F1 questions the email address is

asktheteam@ITV-F1.com

From the ITV-f1.com website
During the ITV-F1 television programmes the team will answer some of your questions live on air. Please bear in mind this is not always possible due to scheduling pressures.
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2004, 22:14   #62
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: Formula One Motor Racing

well i have just sent one , so we will have to wait and see wont we
Old 19-03-2004, 22:31   #63
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
well i have just sent one , so we will have to wait and see wont we
me too

Old 19-03-2004, 22:49   #64
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Well the much warmer conditions seem likely to make this race more competative, the Michelin shod cars are performing better, DC beat Schumies first QT.
Old 19-03-2004, 23:07   #65
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Well the much warmer conditions seem likely to make this race more competative, the Michelin shod cars are performing better, DC beat Schumies first QT.
do you know if anyone has tried a Ferrari on Michelin, round that track - if tyres are the critical factor, it is time for all teams to run the same one

Old 19-03-2004, 23:10   #66
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
do you know if anyone has tried a Ferrari on Michelin, round that track - if tyres are the critical factor, it is time for all teams to run the same one
To take that hypothosis to its logical conclusion, they should run identical cars, not as much fun for the advertising men, but a true test of who really is the best driver.
Old 19-03-2004, 23:22   #67
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
To take that hypothosis to its logical conclusion, they should run identical cars, not as much fun for the advertising men, but a true test of who really is the best driver.
it would be interesting - put shumie in a jaguar, renault or bar - lol

Old 20-03-2004, 01:39   #68
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwesome
ITV-F1.com have closed the F1 forum
Anyone registered ITV-F1HELL.com yet...?!

Old 20-03-2004, 08:35   #69
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Anyone registered ITV-F1HELL.com yet...?!

i am tempted , i bet none of the letters get read out
Old 20-03-2004, 15:27   #70
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

just got a feeling that schumacher was running a very light fuel load , nice to see webber in 2nd place though
Old 20-03-2004, 21:40   #71
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
just got a feeling that schumacher was running a very light fuel load , nice to see webber in 2nd place though
allegedly because they got scared by the Renault times in the first qualy session. Shame Alonso spun out on the crucial second sesh

really nice to see Jaguar doing well, great lap by Webber

- be interesting to see what Ferrari are doing with tactics, Barrichello looks like he is carrying more fuel?

Bridgestone showed they had a good 'one lap' tyre for the hot conditions, I wonder how durable it will be, over a longer distance. Shumacher seems to be set for a 3 stop & Barrichello a negotiable 2 or 3 - could be interesting

Old 20-03-2004, 21:53   #72
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze age
keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age

i've sent an e-mail too mostly the same as the others
imho this afternoon's coverage was rediculous, they spent a whole 5 minutes showing the first session, with barely more than 10 seconds on each car and not everyone was shown. Yet they wasted 20minutes sitting outside talking about stuff nobody cares about. More action less reaction please itv.
BBC were great at F1 and C4 were good at WRC can they have them back please as your programes are pathetic in comparison.

K
Old 20-03-2004, 21:57   #73
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
i've sent an e-mail too mostly the same as the others
imho this afternoon's coverage was rediculous, they spent a whole 5 minutes showing the first session, with barely more than 10 seconds on each car and not everyone was shown. Yet they wasted 20minutes sitting outside talking about stuff nobody cares about. More action less reaction please itv.
BBC were great at F1 and C4 were good at WRC can they have them back please as your programes are pathetic in comparison.

K
ITV, AFAIK, do not provide the actual coverage of the Qualifying sessions or Race. They buy it in from a local TV station. If this is actually the case, they don't actually have much control over how long each car covered.

Regarding the race. It was not a suprise to see Ferrari doing well (they have done well so often I actually have started to get bored), but it was a very nice surprise to see Jaguar do well. I was impressed by Williams as well (together with McLaren, Williams are my personal favourite team).
Old 20-03-2004, 22:04   #74
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
BBC were great at F1
And the theme tune was much better too. My PC boots up to the piece from Fleetwood Mac used by the BBC for F1. I sit there imagining all the cogs and gears in my PC slowly coming to life. sad I know but so what.:pp
Old 20-03-2004, 22:07   #75
Ricardo
Inactive

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Formula One Motor Racing

New engine rule.

I was wondering..........

Instead of sticking with the same engine all through the GP weekend as required by new rules, could it be advantageous for a team to go to the back of the grid and change their engine for a shorter lifespan but higher powered race only engine? Might this not be worth a 1 or 2 secs per lap advantage?
Closed Thread