Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All F1 2004 Discussions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

All F1 2004 Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 14:03   #1
homealone

All F1 2004 Discussions

The 2004 season starts this Sunday, there are new rules, new cars & new drivers.

So, has anyone any thoughts on how it might go? Another Schumacher title? Raikkonen to fulfil his potential?

I thought the 2003 season was much better than 2002 and hope this year will continue that trend - no 'launch control' & only being allowed one engine per race should make things interesting.........

Advertisement
Old 03-03-2004, 14:14   #2
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Re: Formula One Motor Racing

If you ask me another Schumacher title, but I have a feeling the Montoya could give him a good challenge.
Old 03-03-2004, 14:18   #3
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14

If its yet another M Shumacher title i wont bother watching formula 1 ever again, its getting boring with the same person wining each year
Old 03-03-2004, 14:22   #4
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
If you ask me another Schumacher title, but I have a feeling the Montoya could give him a good challenge.
I think Montoya will be out to win it too, the interesting thing is how his intended move to Ferrari, next season, will influence his 'relationship' with Schumacher on the track.

The other issue at the start of the season may be how the new Ferrari & new Williams compare - the changes to the new Ferrari are allegedly less radical than those to the new Williams, so reliability may be a factor?

Old 03-03-2004, 14:28   #5
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Smile Re: Formula One Motor Racing

I'll be watching F1, qualifying runs from 02.30 on Saturday morning but if your still inspecting your eyelids for cracks at that time it's repeated at 13.30.

link to all the latest F1 News
Old 03-03-2004, 14:30   #6
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
I think Montoya will be out to win it too, the interesting thing is how his intended move to Ferrari, next season, will influence his 'relationship' with Schumacher on the track.

The other issue at the start of the season may be how the new Ferrari & new Williams compare - the changes to the new Ferrari are allegedly less radical than those to the new Williams, so reliability may be a factor?
Errrrrrrrr - isn't Montoya going to McLaren? :pp Hang your head in shame, my little friend
Old 03-03-2004, 14:37   #7
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Smile Re: Formula One Motor Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Errrrrrrrr - isn't Montoya going to McLaren? :pp Hang your head in shame, my little friend

JPM certainly has gone to McLaren
Old 03-03-2004, 14:40   #8
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
well spotted that man - head hung as instructed tallboy:pp

@ Dr A - I'm not sure if I'm going to like them running both qualifying sessions on the Saturday, we'll see...........- think I'll be going for the re-run, though

Old 03-03-2004, 14:44   #9
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

montoya is the one this season , mind you , keep an eye on alonso , i reckon we will see very good things from him this season
Old 03-03-2004, 14:48   #10
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
montoya is the one this season , mind you , keep an eye on alonso , i reckon we will see very good things from him this season
Renault have lost some of their advantage with the removal of launch control - but Alonso did have some cracking drives last season

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Raikkonen, seeing as he ran Schumie so close last season?

Old 03-03-2004, 14:53   #11
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve

F1 used to be good until they brought in all the crap laws and regulations. imho
Old 03-03-2004, 14:58   #12
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

At least they've removed launch control this season. Now all we need is rid of traction control and the gear assistance. There are too many aids on cars these days and it means there aren't many errors which = hardly any overtaking. Remove the aids and hopefully we'll see racing like we used to, just abit faster.
Old 03-03-2004, 14:59   #13
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrek
F1 used to be good until they brought in all the crap laws and regulations. imho
I think taking away some of the driver aids is a good thing, I actually prefer watching CART or Indy (on street circuits, anyway) as they seem to be more about the drivers skill, than a 'battle of the gadgets'.

Old 03-03-2004, 15:00   #14
spacedhopper
Inactive

spacedhopper is an unknown quantity at this point

F1 is ok, but for the most exciting racing you can't beat World Superbikes or MotoGP, just my 2 penneth!!
Old 03-03-2004, 15:02   #15
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
I think taking away some of the driver aids is a good thing, I actually prefer watching CART or Indy (on street circuits, anyway) as they seem to be more about the drivers skill, than a 'battle of the gadgets'.

definitely go along with that
Closed Thread