Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Why do you support your team

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Why do you support your team
View Poll Results: Why do you support your team
Its my home town team 17 89.47%
They are the best team 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-09-2005, 00:25   #31
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Football Why do you support your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C
As a non "supporter" but perhaps someone who takes an occasional interest, I do wonder if the poll is a little bit narrow.
I think the poll's narrow and agree with the rest of your post but I have to take issue with that... I don't really think football is something you can "take an occasional interest in". When Forest play I HAVE to know how they're doing. Live at the ground, on Sky (although not much of that now), radio, text commentary, even score updates... it's "on edge" most of the time when they play. Likewise- get in, check if we've signed anyone. Check the latest news... Not saying football is my life because I have loads more interests though, just don't think it lends itself to "part time" kinda stuff...

Of course, I'd also like to hear other opinions...

As for the question: I'm from Nottm, I live in Nottm, really only one option.
But that is my point - dragging the thread off topic. I might read the newspaper, if I buy it. and see what the results are - but that will be Monday, not checking the results on the Saturday TV scores. I certainly don't listen to live commentary, or even think "must watch match of the day cos xyz team is on". I will look to see how the teams I'm interested in has done, from time to time. And I re-emphasise the teams plural as I am interested in how they did, if they are up or down, but I don't know names of each player, who scored or sacved what, who is injured etc. There are far more important things in life, than a group of overpaid blokes running around a bit of grass for 90 minutes.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2005, 08:08   #32
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

I support Lisburn Distillery as they are my local team, and I also support Man Utd as my dad supports them.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 09:30   #33
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06

Derry City supporter, as I live here
liamboyle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 09:41   #34
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Neither as I don't follow Football.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 09:49   #35
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamboyle06
Derry City supporter, as I live here
Bet you were a happy man last night then.

What do you think your chances for the treble are?
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 10:03   #36
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

needs more options this vote.. i follow the same teams as my Dad who first took me to football.. first team we saw was Man U followed by our local side Palace
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 11:07   #37
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

I grew up in a town called Great Barr, which was roughly the same distance from Villa Park and The Hawthornes. At the time, Villa and West Brom were both in the old first division, but I picked Villa as my local team, and have foillowed them ever since.

Since moving to Grimsby, I also keep an eye out for Towns scores (particularly as I used to live about half a mile from Blundell Park), but Villa will always be my team.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 11:45   #38
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Closest team is Spurs, so I support them. Althouh after tonight losing to flaming Grimsby, I wonder why I f*****g bother sometimes.
Same here
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 11:49   #39
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

I am a very proud West Ham fan (sorry Nug!). My eldest brother was a mad fan, and even had a trial for them a long time back. My other brother is a big Chelsea fan, season ticket holder, but he wasn't a good footballer, so the Hammers got my vote. My late father also had a soft spot for them, although not a fan.

However, along with Rob C, I am not a "follow everything" fan. I take more than a passing interest, but my main love is rugby (player and fan... not a very good footballer). My team there is Harlequins, as they are reasonably local and I know a fair few ex-players.

By the way Nug, what was the score with West Ham v Villa last week?
me283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 11:51   #40
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Closest team is Spurs, so I support them. Althouh after tonight losing to flaming Grimsby, I wonder why I f*****g bother sometimes.
It was a cracking goal though
Old 21-09-2005, 16:44   #41
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by me283
I am a very proud West Ham fan (sorry Nug!). My eldest brother was a mad fan, and even had a trial for them a long time back. My other brother is a big Chelsea fan, season ticket holder, but he wasn't a good footballer, so the Hammers got my vote. My late father also had a soft spot for them, although not a fan.

However, along with Rob C, I am not a "follow everything" fan. I take more than a passing interest, but my main love is rugby (player and fan... not a very good footballer). My team there is Harlequins, as they are reasonably local and I know a fair few ex-players.

By the way Nug, what was the score with West Ham v Villa last week?
Shuddup, shuddup, shuddup!!

By the way, you didn't happen to be in Cornwall last Monday did you? I'm only asking because, if you weren't, you were the only bloomin' West Ham fan in the country who wasn't in the pub I watched the match in! Only just escaped with my life
Old 21-09-2005, 16:58   #42
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
Bet you were a happy man last night then.

What do you think your chances for the treble are?
I would love to see it happen again, but I cant see Cork slipping much, so will have to accept the double instead.
liamboyle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 17:01   #43
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Is this allowed?ANOTHER football thread?I thought we were only allowed to have one.
Old 21-09-2005, 17:47   #44
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Is this allowed?ANOTHER football thread?I thought we were only allowed to have one.
It is not suppose to be a discussion thread, its just to find out if people support there home team or another because they think they are the best team (glory hunting)
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 20:27   #45
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Talking Re: Football Why do you support your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
*cough* I'm sure that this thread could have put into this one *cough*
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote