Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All F1 2005 Discussions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

All F1 2005 Discussions

Old 16-02-2005, 11:40   #1
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
All F1 2005 Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Formula 1, too.

Old Bernie will not like this

Still he will have Ferrari racing themselves.
Nice.

Only 17 days, 15 hours 25 minutes to go.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2005, 10:47   #2
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Formula One Motor Racing

More news here

If it means more of a level playing field then it cannot come soon enough.

PS, this link http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/garside at the bottom of that page has lots of interesting info.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 10:51   #3
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Minardi might not even be at the first race.. because the new rules were finalised so late they couldn't start building their new car until October \ November and so it isn't ready in time.

They want to race with their 04 car but this is based on the old rules and so potentially has more downforce, although it is a Minardi.

All the team have said they can race in the first 3 or 4 races with this car but one. Namely Ferrari, maybe they are worried Minardi will win the race.

Thing is if Minardi aren't there then 2 of the teams will have to field a third car to make up the numbers
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 19:41   #4
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
Minardi might not even be at the first race..

They want to race with their 04 car but this is based on the old rules and so potentially has more downforce, although it is a Minardi.

All the team have said they can race in the first 3 or 4 races with this car but one. Namely Ferrari, maybe they are worried Minardi will win the race.
"Well if *we* have to stick to the rules, so should everyone else...!"

Although looking at some of those links, F1 may end up with Bernie Ecclestone and Ferrari out on their own and everyone else off to the new set-up!
Old 17-02-2005, 21:35   #5
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
"Well if *we* have to stick to the rules, so should everyone else...!"

Although looking at some of those links, F1 may end up with Bernie Ecclestone and Ferrari out on their own and everyone else off to the new set-up!
And a jolly good thing too!

As Minardi proves, however much you mess around with the rules (and this has been an annual event in recent times), even to try to level the field, the teams with the most money will always make the best of any change.

Any alternative formula, should give serious thought to including "success ballast", as in Touring car, and in they case of Ferrari, they would acquire ballast for winning, and stay level or lose ballast for not winning, same for any other team - and one the current seson, not the previous, as the last season's winner isn't always going to be the top dog, though if Ferrari have a good run this year as well, it could be the final nail in the coffin of F1.

To say, "the other teams must catch up" is all very well, but it doesn't make for great racing.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 17:37   #6
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Formula 1

I'd like to know what people here think about coverage of ITVs F1 .

I think is CARP they are more interesed in adverts than shown the race, a few years ago i timed the ads breaks (during the race) and it spen 4 mins each and 6 ads that's 24 mins

bear in ming that the average race is 130 mins thats nearly 1/3rd of the race.

(BTW don't get me started on that complete and total ^&^%^ Bernie Ecckleston)
Old 12-03-2005, 17:57   #7
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star
Re: Formula 1

I dont like the 2005 rules, they cant switch tyres, they cant switch the engines its getting stupid.

open up the tracks and even out the rules.

As for the adverts I tend to video f1 then just skip the adverts by as it is damn well stupid. And I thought Sky-One was bad.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 18:00   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

yes we dvd recorded it and watch it latter
Old 12-03-2005, 22:40   #9
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

The first race was made interesting after the weather mixed up the qualifying.

I expect to see a return to the usual procession.

Remains to be seen if the "one set of tyres lasts the race" rule actually helps overtaking, with less "helpful" rubber laid down on the racing line, and a lot less "marbles" off it - the track was a lot cleaner!

Just where is F1 going - it's not pushing the technology (other than the best teams clawing back most of downforce the new rules took away), and it's not good racing ... just look at Touring car, or rallycross for a more exciting sport.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 23:12   #10
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth
The first race was made interesting after the weather mixed up the qualifying.

I expect to see a return to the usual procession.

Remains to be seen if the "one set of tyres lasts the race" rule actually helps overtaking, with less "helpful" rubber laid down on the racing line, and a lot less "marbles" off it - the track was a lot cleaner!

Just where is F1 going - it's not pushing the technology (other than the best teams clawing back most of downforce the new rules took away), and it's not good racing ... just look at Touring car, or rallycross for a more exciting sport.
good questions

I would dispute that F1 is not 'pushing the technology' - it is being sent in another direction by the rule changes, but will still push the technology.

- but bring back rallycross I will go with - metro 6r4 rules, I wish I had one
Old 12-03-2005, 23:30   #11
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
good questions

I would dispute that F1 is not 'pushing the technology' - it is being sent in another direction by the rule changes, but will still push the technology.

- but bring back rallycross I will go with - metro 6r4 rules, I wish I had one

brings back memories of the croft circuit when it was a proper rallycross circuit
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 23:36   #12
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
brings back memories of the croft circuit when it was a proper rallycross circuit
lydden hill, still

Old 13-03-2005, 16:19   #13
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Touring cars is good to watch, aint followed the WRC championships much.

Aint the excuse for all these Rules being put onto Formula 1 that it is due to the safety of the drivers?? what is sport if it is not dangerous?

I am sure those WRC cars when they come off at 140mph on a snow track on a mountain run into the trees, they dont come out with new rules year after saying they cant change the tyres or make modifications to the engine because condition has changed?
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 17:06   #14
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

getting back to the op's subject , ( there is a f1 discussion thread here ) i dont mind itv's coverage , what does annoy me is the amount of adverts , mind you i cant see the bbc getting the coverage back
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 17:36   #15
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

I don't see why they have to have so many advert breaks during F1. They don't have them during play in the Champions League. You don't even get full coverage of all the qualifying sessions now either.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote