Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 22:08   #1651
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
In other news, Pope speaks in favour of Catholicism....
Good point. Which used to be the largest religion and now......isn't?
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2015, 19:09   #1652
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Could the former Top Gear trio land on Netflix ? House of Cars anyone

Link
Old 13-05-2015, 22:14   #1653
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Could the former Top Gear trio land on Netflix ? House of Cars anyone

Link
I thought they were in talks with ITV? Or are they drumming up interest to play one off against the other?
Old 13-05-2015, 23:12   #1654
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I thought they were in talks with ITV? Or are they drumming up interest to play one off against the other?
The report says Netflix or ITV are the most likely places they will end up. They will probably listen to both companies though. This would be a real coup for Netflix in my eyes - imagine the budget they could have from Netflix.
Old 15-05-2015, 16:12   #1655
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Atlantic sets date for UK premiere of HBO’s True Detective and The Brink

Quote:
As part of the channel’s strategy to bring the most compelling stories exclusively to Sky and NOW TV customers, Sky Atlantic today announce plans to premiere True Detective and The Brink on Monday 22 June, less than 24hrs after their US debut on HBO. Additionally, True Detective will be simulcast alongside the US transmission at 2am.
Link
Old 16-05-2015, 16:44   #1656
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Link

More good stuff on Atlantic, think I will seriously be considering quitting VM soon....
Old 16-05-2015, 23:10   #1657
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Plusnet have now launched their tv service notable is no Sky channels at all except for sky store also it'll cost £50 upfront activation fee https://www.plus.net/tv/ it doesn't say cost on the site, they rang me offering it to me i told them no chance for £50 upfront when say in 11 months time i can switch if i choose to sky or talktalk who both give free boxes, they said they'll forward my feedback lol.
Old 17-05-2015, 10:19   #1658
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Link
Cheers MM, desperately looking forward to the new series of True Detective. I do not mind admitting this is the only show on SA I have really enjoyed.
Old 17-05-2015, 10:53   #1659
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Cheers MM, desperately looking forward to the new series of True Detective. I do not mind admitting this is the only show on SA I have really enjoyed.
Maybe you should have a look at 'The Jinx' - a 6 hour documentary on a real life murder case (still ongoing). Not as sensational as True Detective but very creepy in its own way. The guy involved is enormously wealthy and about as cold-blooded as they come. Enjoy (or not )
Old 19-05-2015, 11:34   #1660
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, if NOWTV had SyFy and Watch my virgin TV would be history.
Old 19-05-2015, 11:39   #1661
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
The report says Netflix or ITV are the most likely places they will end up. They will probably listen to both companies though. This would be a real coup for Netflix in my eyes - imagine the budget they could have from Netflix.
I don't think Clarkson, Hammond and May would be a good fit for ITV. They may be too offensive for ITV 1 (which does like to play it safe) and how would it look to advertisers if they said something really offensive about their cars, which, lets face it, is likely if the car is in any way bad? This means they would not work well on any ITV channel, or any channel that relies on advertising for it's income.
Old 19-05-2015, 12:57   #1662
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
NowTV would be better if you could pick, say, 6 channels from a selection of 18 or something.

The only thing i watched on Watch was The Strain so i'm going to have to find other ways to see the 2nd series.
Old 20-05-2015, 09:55   #1663
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Not sure if its all been added yet but 'Entourage' HBO Season 1-8 is available on Now TV which is worth a look for anyone who's not seen it before.
Old 20-05-2015, 16:00   #1664
tassiekev
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
BT has both of those channels in their Entertainment Plus pack, not 100% certain but think they may also be available in HD for £3pm as part of the 25 premium channels pack.
Old 20-05-2015, 16:41   #1665
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
BT has both of those channels in their Entertainment Plus pack, not 100% certain but think they may also be available in HD for £3pm as part of the 25 premium channels pack.
Plusnet also have syfy not sure about watch will update when my box arrives.
Closed Thread