Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 02-07-2018, 20:20   #826
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I still find that the HD feed is better than the UHD feed.
Even for tennis?!?!
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2018, 20:25   #827
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
Even for tennis?!?!
Yes.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 20:30   #828
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes.....
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 16:47   #829
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Sweden game UHD seems brightest so far. Lots is sun though in the stadium.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 17:45   #830
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Can only happen if there is something wrong with your TV setup or you internet stream.
Quote:
I still find that the HD feed is better than the UHD feed.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 18:00   #831
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Can only happen if there is something wrong with your TV setup or you internet stream.
I agree...the UHD stream has been visually so much better than the HD one. You can really tell when you switch back.

If the HD feed is better, something is definitely not right.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 18:01   #832
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with my TV set up mate, the PQ just looked a bit dull compared to HD, my HD is excellent quality.
Old 03-07-2018, 18:15   #833
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

On an HDR tv?

The settings for an HD picture will mean nothing if the tv switches to UHD mode as the settings for each will be save differently.

The picture here is amazing in UHD/HDR - if you not seeing the bright colours and dark blacks then the tv is not setup to process the HDR signal correctly.

I get the exact same clear and bright images on the V6 and tv direct.
Old 03-07-2018, 18:17   #834
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
On an HDR tv?

The picture here is amazing in UHD/HDR - if you not seeing the bright colours and dark blacks then the tv is not setup to process the HDR signal correctly.

I get the exact same clear and bright images on the V6 and tv direct.

Don't get me wrong the PQ is very good, but I don't see a big difference.
Old 03-07-2018, 18:18   #835
ozsat
cf.mega poster

The big difference is the HDR/HLG stuff.
Old 03-07-2018, 18:46   #836
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The big difference is the HDR/HLG stuff.
I've just checked with the Panasonic web site and there is a software update to allow HDR content for my TV, I've downloaded it onto a usb stick and will update the set later, I'll let you know how it goes, thx.....
Old 03-07-2018, 21:51   #837
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Sadly soon virgin media goes back to naff all uhd while sky keep improving
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:11   #838
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Sadly soon virgin media goes back to naff all uhd while sky keep improving
You don't know that. It is only your assumption.

I am expecting more UHD content later this year if all goes well, so keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully, (from my perspective at least) it's not just sport this time around. I have no idea which channels are involved in the current negotiations.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:59   #839
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You don't know that. It is only your assumption.

I am expecting more UHD content later this year if all goes well, so keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully, (from my perspective at least) it's not just sport this time around. I have no idea which channels are involved in the current negotiations.
Well I do hope so to be honest it’s all been about sport, virgin when I asked said they haven’t heard about anything UHD this year apart from 3 40 minute nature show in dec 2018
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:14   #840
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well I do hope so to be honest it’s all been about sport, virgin when I asked said they haven’t heard about anything UHD this year apart from 3 40 minute nature show in dec 2018
I guess from a UHD, HDR perspective, live sport is the hardest thing to get right. Maybe they want to make sure they can do the more technologically challenging things right first

With things like Movies, TV shows & documentaries they should be easier as everything has already been filmed, edited and ready to broadcast.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote