Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Promote your own website

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Promote your own website

Old 21-02-2004, 14:25   #196
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Re: Promote your own website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
What Graphics software do you use?

Incog.
Standatd Paint that comes with Windows XP
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2004, 14:51   #197
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNA
Standatd Paint that comes with Windows XP
You short on cash I suppose?If so you need to go to http://www.irfanview.com and download this free software and you will be able to resize your images and convert to jpg.

Don't forget to download the plugins as well.

Incog
Old 21-02-2004, 15:13   #198
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Ok thanks. I want to put a frame on my website but have no idea how to make one and how to link it to all my pages and put the links in themselves. Can someone help me with this?
Old 21-02-2004, 15:17   #199
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNA
Ok thanks. I want to put a frame on my website but have no idea how to make one and how to link it to all my pages and put the links in themselves. Can someone help me with this?
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/fram.html
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2004, 15:56   #200
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Thanks, it is going to take some doing tho.
Old 26-02-2004, 21:57   #201
Alanmelon
Inactive

Alanmelon has reached the bronze age
Alanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Alanmelon

My latest effort - no laughing at the subject though. Must go, nurse will be here for me soon....
www.elisaportelli.co.uk
Alanmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 00:16   #202
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I've just added another section to the art appreciation section at my website.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cytherean1/index.html

Incog.
Old 27-03-2004, 23:54   #203
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

I am building this website for my college course and would like some constructive critisum... It was built using notepad today.
limo2carriage

I would also like your views on the domain name I have used limo2carriage others I had shortlisted were:
Limo4hire, Specialy4you, 4specialtimes, 4thebigday, urcarriage, and limo2carriage. (Limo4hire.co.uk wasn't available) I went with limo2carriage.co.uk

I will continue to add the pages but might have to move it to ntls webspace if it looks like its going over my limit.
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2004, 00:03   #204
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Good work Kitty.

How about showing the carriage as it would appear on the day.... with the horses as well.
Old 28-03-2004, 02:06   #205
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Hmm, OK, here goes....

MOD EDIT (Tez): Link removed as doesn't exist anymore

The main thing it has so far is my digicam photo gallery, plus there's a few other bits.

Still needs a lot of work, plus it would help if I actually knew anything about web design, LOL.

Also may not be accessible to everyone yet, as NTL's DNS servers don't always seem too happy with it (yet other DNS servers have no problem...Turn3 say they are going to talk with NTL about that though)

MOD EDIT (Tez): OK, I've taken that link out as the site no longer exists there. I have now changed hosts from T3 to I-Web ( ), plus got a new domain name, & am currently sorting the site out..."coming soon"
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2004, 06:59   #206
mart44
Inactive

mart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation era

There are two sections to mine. Both linked to each other from their homepages but here are the seperate URLS as well;

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boots44

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boots44/tvidset.html

*Edited to add* Very nice artwork Ingognitas!
mart44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2004, 13:06   #207
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
Hmm, OK, here goes....

www.smokingmirror.org

The main thing it has so far is my digicam photo gallery, plus there's a few other bits.

Still needs a lot of work, plus it would help if I actually knew anything about web design, LOL.

Also may not be accessible to everyone yet, as NTL's DNS servers don't always seem too happy with it (yet other DNS servers have no problem...Turn3 say they are going to talk with NTL about that though)
I get nothing either!
Old 28-03-2004, 13:44   #208
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I get nothing either!
Agh. Bloody NTL. AFAIK it works fine using any DNS other than theirs (I'm currently using easynet's DNS). I'll have to harrass them again.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 18:07   #209
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Updated and completely redesigned mine

http://www.theriverkelvin.co.uk
Old 30-03-2004, 02:17   #210
Stuart W
Inactive

Services: BroadBand 4M
Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Stuart W

Same here....

http://www.stusplace.co.uk
It was off-line for months after a mix up with domain transfer, I finaly got it all resolved last night and have started re-building.
Official launch is April 1st (couldn't resist!) and it will be a site dedicated to map making for on-line games.

I am starting off with Battlefield 1942 as I have already made some maps for this & so have a few of my friends. (this includes the Desert Combat mod) I am also including Battlefield Vietnam and Far Cry as these are both new games & come with map editors.
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote