Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 15-04-2019, 17:37   #5206
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

Services: phone + L TV + 350mbit BB + Sky+HD
General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array
General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Cracking and well deserved imho. I am looking forward to all the records Endgame is going to break now.
Old 25-04-2019, 03:42   #5207
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array
General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array

Avengers: Endgame: 11/10

I know my score sounds ridiculous but those of you who have seen the film will understand. I could write reams about it but this is one of the few occasions where I think less is more; it truly is the perfect film and I am not saying it just because it is Marvel. Although it is a continuation from Infinity War it is very much a film in itself and has a different feel and tone to it. It has a beginning, middle and end and achieves what no other film I have ever seen manages to achieve. Marvel films have always been about the story and characters and what they do in this film just blows you away. I am tempted to try and explain why and express some emotions in spoiler tags but I honestly don't want to remotely hint as to what happens and want you all to experience it for yourself. It has been so cleverly done with oodles of TLC.

Absolutely amazing film and it is a travesty if you don't go and see it at the cinema.

P.s: The one thing I will say is that there are no post-credit scenes at the end of this film so you don't need to worry about sitting around for 10 mins looking at the names of the thousands of guys who did the visual effects

Last edited by General Maximus; 25-04-2019 at 03:49.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 09:27   #5208
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Attached Images
File Type: gif 5CA86CAB-4A06-4A08-968D-7FD6D84D454E.gif (237.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 25-04-2019, 10:14   #5209
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars

I'm not in the country so can't see until Sunday
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 14:40   #5210
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

don't worry dude, it is worth the wait. The best thing you can do make sure you have already got your return visit booked because you are going to want to see it again.
Old 25-04-2019, 15:29   #5211
Mr_love_monkey
Anyone can play guitar

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Booked in to see it Sunday morning which is the first time I can...

Staying off social media until then - too many people out there that take delight in spoiling stuff.
To my compulsion and my shame
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 12:38   #5212
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Endgame - 8.5/10 (no spoilers).

Too many plot holes and parts that were just a bit too stupid. Saw it on Imax 3D which was excellent but even though the CGI was excellent the CGI often made the characters look weird and miniaturized which spoiled it a bit. Well worth watching but Infinity wars was better.
Old 15-05-2019, 16:40   #5213
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum: 8/10

These films just get better and better. Fantastic action scenes, new creative ways on how to kill and the world expands with many new characters and new locations. Really really enjoyable and they are obviously planning for a fourth.

If you enjoyed 1 and 2 this is a must see.