Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 21:28   #2986
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it does NOT. The Government are responsible for listening to the democratic decision and taking that forward, else what is the point in asking people to vote when the will of the majority is ignored ?!?!

If a democratic decision goes one way then we need to focus on THAT decision and take it forward, NOT listen to the losing side that wants to try and keep us IN. Not a bloody chance, so no sorry, I haven't got a lack of understanding at all!!!
The government will take us out of Europe ,they have a mandate to do that but you have to realise that they are duty bound to do so in a manner that they feel is going to benefit everyone ,that's why we put them in office in the first place ,if they don't they don't belong in government .
You also need to realise that this isn't a war with a winning and losing side .I want to leave but i don't the country split down the middle with a 'them and us' culture ,that would be more damaging than staying in the EU.
I really wish the vote had been more decisive one way or the other then we would not be having these problems

Advertisement
Old 02-12-2016, 21:31   #2987
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Brexit will happen as we know but the fear is the deep divisions in this country which are happening and sadly they could take a very long time to heal IMO.
Old 02-12-2016, 21:54   #2988
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Brexit will happen as we know but the fear is the deep divisions in this country which are happening and sadly they could take a very long time to heal IMO.
I've friends who voted differently to me and it's only a problem if you want to make it one. Vote leave won on 24th June and we've all accepted that result and moved on.
No one I know is kept awake by wild conspiracy theories of the Government not leaving the EU or thinks that because they voted leave only their views and their views alone count on the future relationship with the EU.
Old 02-12-2016, 21:59   #2989
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The Government has agreed to implement the will of the people in leaving the EU. That's a given so please stop worrying that it won't happen.
Where it needs to consider the nation is in regards to the future relationship with the EU. And it needs to consider the views of the entire country here, not just a sub-section of the country that voted in a particular way.
David Davis, Boris Johnson all got this. Please step up and join them.
so for example if the Torys win the next election we can expect them to nationalise gas /water/ power /and railways because thats what labour voters want is that how your new word politics works ?? or do they implement their own manifesto policies like they do in the real world because they won ..

Last edited by papa smurf; 02-12-2016 at 22:03.
Old 02-12-2016, 22:10   #2990
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
so for example if the Torys win the next election we can expect them to nationalise gas /water/ power /and railways because thats what labour voters want is that how your new word politics works ?? or do they implement their own manifesto policies like they do in the real world ..
Let me help with regard to Brexit by breaking it down into three stages:
1) The Government has a mandate to take the UK out of the EU and will implement that.
2) Its mandate ends there. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.
3) At this stage, it needs to consider the views of the entire country.
Old 02-12-2016, 22:17   #2991
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

[QUOTE=1andrew1;35873441]Let me help with regard to Brexit by breaking it down into three stages:
1) The Government has a mandate to take the UK out of the EU and will implement that.
2) Its mandate ends there. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.
3) At this stage, it needs to consider the views of the winning majority of those who voted in the referendum

Old 02-12-2016, 22:38   #2992
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
so for example if the Torys win the next election we can expect them to nationalise gas /water/ power /and railways because thats what labour voters want is that how your new word politics works ?? or do they implement their own manifesto policies like they do in the real world because they won ..
I'm not sure you've totally got it yet so let me help you a teeny bit more. A referendum on a single binary decision gives the democratic authority to implement that decision eg leave the EU. An election gives a democratic mandate to implement the party's election manifesto.
Old 02-12-2016, 22:46   #2993
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
I'm not sure you've totally got it yet so let me help you a teeny bit more. A referendum on a single binary decision gives the democratic authority to implement that decision eg leave the EU. An election gives a democratic mandate to implement the party's election manifesto.
it was an example of your warped world view

let me explain it to you

Q what do you get for coming last A = nothing

get over it its the winner that writes history not the loser .
Old 02-12-2016, 22:52   #2994
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
it was an example of your warped world view

let me explain it to you

Q what do you get for coming last A = nothing

get over it its the winner that writes history not the loser .
how the hell is the government acting in what it considers the best interests of the country considered a warped world view it's what we bloody well elect them

Old 03-12-2016, 00:48   #2995
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I still maintain we won't lose in the long run
Neither do I

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

Sarah Olney Dragged Off Air By PR During Julia Hartley-Brewer Interview

Quote:
Sarah Olney, who ousted former Tory Zac Goldsmith in the Richmond Park by-election, disappeared off air just three minutes into the Talk Radio broadcast.

The premature exit came after tricky questioning by presenter Julia Hartley-Brewer on her calls for a referendum on the terms of Britain’s exit from the European Union.

She said: “Voters knew what they were voting for in your by-election, they knew what they were voting for in the EU referendum. Why do we think that one election should be re-run and one shouldn’t?”

Olney said the terms of Brexit had not been clear during the referendum and it had been a vote on the departure rather than the destination.

“There was no clear manifesto for what happened to our membership of the single market or what happened to freedom of movement,” she said.

Hartley-Brewer replied: “Every single leading member of the remain campaign said a vote to leave the EU was a vote to leave the single market. Nothing unclear about that at all.”

After a few seconds of silence, an unnamed aide stepped in and told the presenter: “I’m really sorry but Sarah has to leave now.”

Hartley-Brewer said the MP “should be able to answer some simple questions” about her policy and asked for her to be put back on air but was told Olney had another interview to attend.
This is the funniest thing I've heard all week

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Excellent point there. As she said, every leading remain campaigner said that voting to leave was a vote to leave the single market.....now the remoanrers are telling us "ah, actually, it was a advisory vote.....and we should get a say in how it goes" You remoaners are really pathetic

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Quote:
3) At this stage, it needs to consider the views of the entire country.
Um. No......

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Quote:
Vote leave won on 24th June and we've all accepted that result and moved on.
Excellent. Glad the remoaners have realised that at last. End of?

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I really wish the vote had been more decisive one way or the other then we would not be having these problems
It probably still would because libtard snowflake remoaners do that kind of thing.
Sorry, they do. I wish that they didn't but I suspect that they can't help it.
Old 03-12-2016, 00:55   #2996
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
libtard snowflake remoaners
Three words .. impressive .. one more and you have a personal best ..
Old 03-12-2016, 02:12   #2997
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It's a Breitbart thing...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:34   #2998
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Aren't Breitbart arguing for a boycott of kellogg's because they pulled their advertising? The alt-right are very easy to trigger.

Last edited by Damien; 03-12-2016 at 08:48.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:53   #2999
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Neither do I

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

Sarah Olney Dragged Off Air By PR During Julia Hartley-Brewer Interview

This is the funniest thing I've heard all week

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Excellent point there. As she said, every leading remain campaigner said that voting to leave was a vote to leave the single market.....now the remoanrers are telling us "ah, actually, it was a advisory vote.....and we should get a say in how it goes" You remoaners are really pathetic

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Um. No......

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Excellent. Glad the remoaners have realised that at last. End of?

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

It probably still would because libtard snowflake remoaners do that kind of thing.
Sorry, they do. I wish that they didn't but I suspect that they can't help it.

their known as the L.S.R community one must be politically correct its 2016
Old 03-12-2016, 09:24   #3000
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Aren't Breitbart arguing for a boycott of kellogg's because they pulled their advertising? The alt-right are very easy to trigger.
Here's the details on this story:

Breitbart declares war on Kellogg's after cereal brand pulls advertising from site

You can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
“Boycotting Breitbart News for presenting mainstream American ideas is an act of discrimination and intense prejudice,” he added. “If you serve Kellogg’s products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table.”