Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Old 02-12-2012, 00:23   #46
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai
Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
With me I'm not getting the throat hit I want or expected. so I'm taking 2 drags at once to make up for it.
There's a slightly different technique required with the vaping kit Gary. With a conventional cigarette when you draw harder on it you burn more tobacco so get a stronger hit in the throat. With the ecigs the opposite is true. As you suck harder you get more air and less vapour. Try drawing more gently on the device and you should get a denser smoke and stronger throat hit.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2012, 02:09   #47
looselipsuk
Inactive

Services: XL broadband 60Mb Virgin free TV + Telephone HTC Desire S
looselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to looselipsuk Send a message via Yahoo to looselipsuk

The one I used when I gave up 4 years ago is miniciggy. Had almost stopped using it but due to personal reasons am using it again. http://www.miniciggy.com/
looselipsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:18   #48
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I haven't had a real ciggy yet. but this morning I'm really tempted to as this thing isn't cutting it really.
1 cartridge lasted me till about 6pm yesterday. since filling it up it isn't as good as the original so I've started on a new cartridge.

I'm sucking on it slow but still not a good enough throat hit for me. it's a lot like trying a different ciggy and it's not strong enough for you.

I'm not getting a lot of vape either. compared to the video on the site using PG and the same e-cig. I'm getting sod all.

I think it's ok to get you through the day, as once you have a couple of drags you don't feel the need to have a real ciggy and this is sufficient for my needs.
but for morning and night (first thing in the morning, and drinking at night) it's not quite so good. a bit frustrating.

it was that bad this morning. the little battery lasted less than an hour.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:10   #49
Dai
Inactive

Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze

Quote:
...it was that bad this morning. the little battery lasted less than an hour.
Did you give the battery a good overnight charge Gary? The amount of vapour that you get is very dependant on battery levels on mine and I tend to always have one of my spare batteries on charge so I can change over partway through the day.
Old 02-12-2012, 13:31   #50
RizzyKing

Day two and still no rollups and not a single urge to have one although i do feel it's cheating a bit i'm not really a non smoker just not a tobacco smoker anymore. Gary you sure you charged it up fully from when you got it m8 as mine so far has had no problem if you have maybe your charging case is defective get in touch with their support and see what they say as it definately doesn't sound like yours is working properly.

LOL Chris if i thought i was memoraable enough i might change my name but i'm not so will keep it .
Old 02-12-2012, 13:50   #51
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I charged the battery up with the seperate USB charger that was optional. takes about 1.5 to 2 hours.
I could leave it on overnight and see if that makes any difference.

Rizzy, are you getting a lot of vape when you enhale and exhale?
I can get enough if I just puff on it. but not a lot if in enhale it.

I've thrown one of the cartridges away, as the hole in the middle isn't there anymore. it's all too tightly packed up now.
Old 02-12-2012, 14:23   #52
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Been using an ecig for nearly 2 years now , tbh I think you'll find the ones that look like cigarettes aren't much cop , you'll be forever filling up the carts and the atomisers don't last very long. I have tried many different systems , the ones that look like cigs , the ego t, ego c, I've settled on a dual coil cartomiser with a ego 650ma battery , gives you a real whack (huge amounts of vapour) just like smoking. If your after cheap supplies google greenhouseone , ships from china , I've always received an excellent service. E cigs definately the future for me , tried a few puffs on a ciggy about a year in from using ecig and thought it was disgusting , however I do go into a cold sweat if I can't find my ecig lol
Old 02-12-2012, 17:50   #53
Dai
Inactive

The dual coil sounds most interesting. Could I ask which one you are using? I'm using a T3 clearomiser at the moment which is pretty good but the duals sound even better.

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/atom...earomizer.html
Old 02-12-2012, 18:04   #54
Bulky
Inactive

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....m-product.html
I used the clearomisers for a while but found them to burn quite regular , perhaps because it was new technology at the time and they have maybe moved on , you will find the mega cartomiser on greenhouseone much cheaper totally wicked just rebrand them , I buy my liquid in uk and spares and atomisers from china, it's only worth while buying from china if you buy in bulk , this way you can save up to 50% plus.
Old 03-12-2012, 18:06   #55
RizzyKing

Sorry i am late in replying been busy at the hospital yeah i get a decent amount of vapour off my cartridges Gary at least as much as i used to get off a roll up but the hit can vary frrom one cartridge to another. I have now put in an order for some PG eliquid so i can refill my own carrtridges as they do seem to run out very very quickly. Was really happy when i saw the price given i was a 100g a week rolly smoker four 20ml bottles for a little over twenty five quid, a months vaping for less then a weeks baccy you cannot go wrong.
Old 03-12-2012, 19:24   #56
Gary L
cf.mega poster

I've ordered some cartridges, 60ml PG. and another battery.
mine is frustrating because the flow goes a bit tight sometimes. as if like a blocking kind of effect. I've noticed that the filter inside the cartridges comes up towards the top of the cartridge so can't be burning too well.
I'm hoping the new cartridges will be different.

Which cartridges did you get. the flavour whatever?
I got 5 virgin when ordered. but I bought the Desert Ship in liquid.
which has a bit of a nutty taste to it.

If I don't get a decent throat hit from the new ones. then I'm gonna get a duel one or something.
that's all I want is a decent throat hit, and I'll stick with it and keep off the rollies.
I'm getting through the cartridges and 20ml like crazy at the moment trying to get my fix.
I seem to be using the thing constantly.

I'll do the sums another time. but I only use 50g of baccie in 5 days.
compared to your 100g. I should be more satisfied than you seem to be.
are you sure you enhale when you smoke rollies, and not just puff on it making smoke rings?
Old 03-12-2012, 19:56   #57
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
I've ordered some cartridges, 60ml PG. and another battery.
mine is frustrating because the flow goes a bit tight sometimes. as if like a blocking kind of effect. I've noticed that the filter inside the cartridges comes up towards the top of the cartridge so can't be burning too well.
I'm hoping the new cartridges will be different.

Which cartridges did you get. the flavour whatever?
I got 5 virgin when ordered. but I bought the Desert Ship in liquid.
which has a bit of a nutty taste to it.

If I don't get a decent throat hit from the new ones. then I'm gonna get a duel one or something.
that's all I want is a decent throat hit, and I'll stick with it and keep off the rollies.
I'm getting through the cartridges and 20ml like crazy at the moment trying to get my fix.
I seem to be using the thing constantly.

I'll do the sums another time. but I only use 50g of baccie in 5 days.
compared to your 100g. I should be more satisfied than you seem to be.
are you sure you enhale when you smoke rollies, and not just puff on it making smoke rings?
I was in the same boat as you , couldn't get something to give me a real whack like a cigarette , the dual coils do make a big difference and the ones I linked to hold enough liquid for at least half a day ( it get hammered at work because I can use while I'm working) , as long as you stick with it you will find a system and a flavour (an all day vape not a daft fruit flavour) that suits you , I vape 8mg coffee flavour all day every day. Don't give up

Edit: don't be afraid of using it more than you would cigarettes , definitely read on one of the vaping forums somewhere you receive far less nicotine from inhaling vapour than smoking, initially it's all about stopping the craving , use it when you need too, 30ml of liquid lasts me about 2 weeks and I seriously hammer it so if your using more your possibly flooding your carts or the atomiser just isn't up to your needs.
Old 03-12-2012, 20:55   #58
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Thanks, Bulky. but all that looks confusing on what I would need to get to go with this and that.
I'm a virgin with all this
Old 03-12-2012, 21:03   #59
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The only problem I have from people who a trying to quit smoking is that they use something like patches and have a ciggy, thus increasing nicotine levels.
Old 03-12-2012, 21:36   #60
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks, Bulky. but all that looks confusing on what I would need to get to go with this and that.
I'm a virgin with all this
Tbh Gary as much as your not going to want to hear this that kit just isn't going to cut the mustard by the sounds of it , I have tried a very similar kit ( was probably an identical kit rebranded without the pcc) and found it to be next to useless in the throat hit department. The best e-cigarettes in my opinion use the 510 threaded connection , this makes huge amounts of atomisers from carts, clearomisers, cartomisers, tank cartridges, drip tips interchangeable which means you can try loads of systems (what I did) using the same battery which is normally the most expensive part, totallywicked is probably has the most extensive range of everything in the uk and run a very high quality service , I used them for ages and still do for liquid but I import my cartomisers from china as totally wicked just rebrand the exact same product. If your interested in a different system I will point you in the right direction.