Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Old 27-02-2014, 16:07   #136
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

‘Star Wars’: Adam Driver to Play the Villain (Exclusive).

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56857432/

The anticipation is building.
Old 18-03-2014, 21:02   #137
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Star Wars Episode VII character, plot and shooting details revealed.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/star-w...tails-revealed
Old 18-03-2014, 21:06   #138
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Nice work Den. Keep the news and info coming.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 21:12   #139
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Nice work Den. Keep the news and info coming.
Is that James in your avatar dear chap?.
Old 27-04-2014, 12:30   #140
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Lucasfilm decrees the Star Wars expanded universe as non-canon

Includes every book, video game, and comic to bear the name.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-as-non-canon

I guess that gives them flexability
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 07:11   #141
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally Posted by admars:35692804
Quote:
Lucasfilm decrees the Star Wars expanded universe as non-canon

Includes every book, video game, and comic to bear the name.

Really looking forward to see how star wars (filmography) is going to go forward. I have well over 150 books from the expanded universe as well as some first issue comics and a few bits of memorabilia from the 70's to say I'm more excited about the coming films over ep I-III is an understatement, I only hope they don't screw it up cause it'll leave a lot of people crying into their Gamorian ale.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 07:49   #142
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Really looking forward to see how star wars (filmography) is going to go forward. I have well over 150 books from the expanded universe as well as some first issue comics and a few bits of memorabilia from the 70's to say I'm more excited about the coming films over ep I-III is an understatement, I only hope they don't screw it up cause it'll leave a lot of people crying into their Gamorian ale.
Indeed as you say Alf one can only hope that Disney know exactly what they are doing because we don't want the disaster of TPM again.
Old 29-04-2014, 19:08   #143
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...announced.html

Quote:
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Lets hope it lives up to expectations.
Old 29-04-2014, 20:10   #144
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post

I'd prefer it if the Thrawn books and KOTOR were canon and the Prequel Trilogy was wiped from existence.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 21:10   #145
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...announced.html

Lets hope it lives up to expectations.
NOW they do the follow up when the original cast are at pensionable age.I suppose they needed to do it before any of them die..
Old 29-04-2014, 23:59   #146
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Going by the original cast being back and the arrangement in the photo not being an accident, Daisy is between Han and Leia. So one would presume she will play their daughter? Those to the left of Luke will be Jedi in training?

Wonder if we'll get some other big news on Star Wars Day[May the 4th]
Old 30-04-2014, 10:53   #147
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'd prefer it if the Thrawn books and KOTOR were canon and the Prequel Trilogy was wiped from existence.
I would be happy if EP7 was just two hours solid of Jar Jar Binks being tortured to death.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 11:05   #148
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post

As I said on Digital Spy, I think it's more a thing of convenience. Same as the BBC saying that only the Doctor Who TV series is canon and everything else Doctor Who isn't. It just ensures that the writers only need to check continuity with the main series (or films) and not have to read or listen to the hundreds of books and thousands of stories written by other people.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 12:05   #149
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
As I said on Digital Spy, I think it's more a thing of convenience. Same as the BBC saying that only the Doctor Who TV series is canon and everything else Doctor Who isn't. It just ensures that the writers only need to check continuity with the main series (or films) and not have to read or listen to the hundreds of books and thousands of stories written by other people.
The Paul McGann film is Cannon.

Sorry, just being a pedant.

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

According to Total Film, Ford will have a major part to play in this. I was thought at first the returning characters would be just expanded cameos.

But it looks like Han may be a major part in the new film
Old 30-04-2014, 21:49   #150
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The Paul McGann film is Cannon.

Sorry, just being a pedant.
Not really pedantic. I believe that is considered part of the series.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote