Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Invasion (Apple tv)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Invasion (Apple tv)

Old 23-10-2021, 12:45   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Invasion (Apple tv)

Anyone watching this? The first 3 episodes are available immediate streaming and the rest will be weekly.

Comes across in many ways like an American “War of the Worlds” in that it’s a fairly slow burner.

Seem like it could have legs.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2021, 13:10   #2
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Re: Invasion (Apple tv)

Looking forward to watching them.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 13:28   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

So far, Ive watched episode 1.

It does seem to be a bit slow, but I'll see how it goes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2021, 10:56   #4
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

i don't have apple tv, it's a streaming service too far.
Old 25-10-2021, 11:09   #5
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Neither do I but I will watch them all together if reviews are good once finished. I made the mistake of watching Y The last man as it aired but with it being cancelled, I assume it will not end properly so scrapped it. Better to wait till they all aired
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2021, 11:16   #6
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I have a free 12 month subscription from when I bought my iPad.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 25-10-2021, 18:07   #7
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Watched the first one. Like it. Great cinematography and great switching between characters lives. Glad it’s not bam from the word go with The Rock shooting hoards of bugs from an insane laser gun.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 00:35   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well, Ive made it to the end of episode 3.

Its definitely slow burning, but just about doing enough to keep me interested, I'll keep watching for now.

Old 26-10-2021, 21:31   #9
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
It’s also the (main) one I don’t have. There’s not enough value in all of these tenners.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2021, 19:12   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I would choose to have Apple over Amazon and Netflix, the quality of the stuff they make is out of this world. If you watch series like See, For All Mankind and Foundation you come away thinking somebody at Apple sat down and said "if we are going to do this we are going to do it properly and it doesn't matter how much it costs". Apple may have been late into the streaming game but imho they really do set the standard for everyone else to beat with regards to the quality of material they produce. The thing which bugs me about Netflix is that they seem more interested in quantity over quality and the majority of the tv series and movies they make are very average.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2021, 22:18   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63451503/

Speaking of which, the app is going to start appearing on the Sky Q boxes so hopefully people will be curious and take a look at it and see how much quality stuff there is on offer.
Old 29-10-2021, 23:24   #12
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Another slow burning episode, again giving us just about enough to want to see a little more.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-10-2021, 23:31   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have still only watched ep 1. I'll catch up next week.
Old 30-10-2021, 21:41   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

If it slows down any more it'll stop.

I'm trying to be patient with it, but Im running out.
We did at least get a very brief glimpse of an alien (I think).

It better start coming to life soon, or Im going to relegate it to "skip through" watching.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:29   #15
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
We did at least get a very brief glimpse of an alien (I think).
I’m guessing that scene was put in as a dangling carrot to keep us watching. You’re absolutely right, I think “slow burning” can work if it’s done well but doubt is starting to creep in now.

Vote #AnyoneButTory