Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 20-12-2016, 03:53   #4711
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Spectral - 7/10

A Netflix movie, which is surprisingly decent.
Old 20-12-2016, 11:24   #4712
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

it was... ok 5/10 basically Final Fantasy - the spirits within, you can see where they got the idea from.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:43   #4713
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Jack Reacher: Never go back - 5/10

Bit of a let down for me, probably because my expectations are too high. The source material for Jack Reacher is more than enough for a procedural TV show once Hollywood buries it. NCIS is similar however.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:04   #4714
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I was pleasantly surprised. I didnt the trailers for either the first or second film made them look amazing so my expectations were low. I enjoy both films as generic action films like Taken (another pleasant surprise) but they are by no means fantastic.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 20:49   #4715
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Asassin's Creed - 4/10

Never played any of the games and don't know much about them. My wife wanted to see this one. The story was ludicrous. The action scenes where decent but not enough of them. Some decent actors playing terrible roles. Not fun. The guy sitting next to me fell asleep the lucky git.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 22:14   #4716
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Asassin's Creed - 4/10

Never played any of the games and don't know much about them. My wife wanted to see this one. The story was ludicrous. The action scenes where decent but not enough of them. Some decent actors playing terrible roles. Not fun. The guy sitting next to me fell asleep the lucky git.
I expected exactly this. I had no faith from the get go and that's partly down to the way video games turned movies tend to go but also because I couldn't see how they'd make anything exciting of Assassins Creed on screen. You've pretty much confirmed my fears. Playing it would help you understand the story a bit more though, it is ludicrous but then again, it's based off a game. I'll give it a shot eventually but my hopes are dashing away. The idea is if someone gets it right, they'll make more movies from other successful franchises. Gears of War and so forth.
Old 04-01-2017, 23:44   #4717
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Rogue One
1st half quite boring, 2nd half great. CGI Tarkin and Leia really bad. My mate said Tarkin looked like the Walking Dead.
7/10
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:07   #4718
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Max Steel - 2/10

Have complete confidence in saying this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's made that special list with Tommy Wisaeu. I should really at least Google something if I haven't heard of it. Instant regret.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:15   #4719
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Asassin's Creed - 4/10

Sadly another popular computer game they think they can make a few dollars from by bringing it to the silver screen.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:18   #4720
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) 9/10

Could this happen in real life? Good film, very claustrophobic in parts, would watch again.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 00:38   #4721
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Why Him - 6/10

A bit better than expected. Decent comedy. Not a laugh a minute but certainly a few giggles.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 18:21   #4722
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

La La Land. 9/10

The hype is real. Very good film although some might be turned off given it's kind of a musical.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Could this happen in real life?
Probably not some of the stuff towards the end
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 21:23   #4723
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
La La Land. 9/10

The hype is real. Very good film although some might be turned off given it's kind of a musical.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Probably not some of the stuff towards the end
Just got back from watching it - loved it.

It's a hymn to Hollywood dreams, with magical realism - definitely a 9/10.

Think it might be a bit of a Marmite movie, though.

The Telegraph put it best, I thought...
Quote:
it sends you from the cinema with tears in your eyes, a song in your heart, and a clear six inches of thin air between the soles of your shoes and the pavement.
Emma Stone shows that she can act, though...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 14-01-2017 at 22:23.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 23:38   #4724
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just got back from watching it - loved it.

It's a hymn to Hollywood dreams, with magical realism - definitely a 9/10.
It was so well shot too, very colourful. I love a film that does something with the concept of being a film. Mad Max, Birdman and Grand Bupdapest Hotel were other recent examples. La La Land was a brilliant example of that too. Spotlight last year was good but that could have been made for television or the stage without losing anything.

Quote:
Think it might be a bit of a Marmite movie, though.
The opening scene will make it clear to people if they'll like it or not.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 17:10   #4725
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Momento (2000) 4/10 the most back to front confusing film I have seen for ages.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote