Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 25-02-2013, 20:00   #4066
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Argo 8/10. Would have been 9 but I couldn't buy into the premise that an Iranian Revolutionary Guard truck could keep up with a fully loaded 747 at take off speed...
Best not watch Die Hard 2 then....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2013, 20:08   #4067
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Best not watch Die Hard 2 then....
You mean hand grenades don't have 20 second fuses????
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 20:25   #4068
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

And airports don't have manhole covers in the runways, transport planes don't have ejector seats, 747s don't have external fuel dump valves, Berettas don't have 22 round magazines - but it's called 'artistic licence for dramatic effect', not 'documentary'...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 01:36   #4069
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw MARKED MAN -- 10/10!!!!!!

I love that movie
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 23:30   #4070
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

The Dark Knight Rises.

5/10

Tired plot.
Hardly any Batman.
Too many English people trying to pass themselves off as Americans.
Ridiculously characterless bad guy - Grant Mitchell (or any meat-head of your choice) in half a Darth Vader mask (the mask helps keep the pain away. Really? Try vodka)dubbed with someone else's completely unsuitable voice, shuffling around in a scruffy sheepskin coat.

I've seen more intimidating (and interesting) villains in my toilet bowl on a Sunday morning....

Meh....

If you disagree with my opinion, tough, I have a whole bottle of wine sloshing through my veins, and it's MONDAY tomorrow.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 23:34   #4071
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I'm pretty sure Tom Hardy did the voice and the acting. His voice was just modified.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53   #4072
Siuko
Inactive

Siuko is an unknown quantity at this point

Unthinkable

I thought before watching it that it wasn't going to be very good...

But omg it really got me thinking about stuff and it was great how it made me change the way I thought about things like that as the film progressed!! Very thought provoking!!
Siuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46   #4073
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
You mean hand grenades don't have 20 second fuses????
the fuse does not start until the handle is released though dunno which part of the film you mean so dunno if this is what they did lol

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And airports don't have manhole covers in the runways, transport planes don't have ejector seats, 747s don't have external fuel dump valves, Berettas don't have 22 round magazines - but it's called 'artistic licence for dramatic effect', not 'documentary'...
the 92 and 98 series can have upto 32 rounds

Also funny how a company makes man hole covers for runways also http://www.airport-technology.com/contractors/design/fonderiebelli
Old 04-03-2013, 16:27   #4074
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Dredd(2012)

Slightly superior to the Stallone iteration but still so boringly predictable as to be quite dreddful.

Pun intended

2/10
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:29   #4075
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Dredd(2012)

Slightly superior to the Stallone iteration but still so boringly predictable as to be quite dreddful.

Pun intended

2/10
And l was considering buying this film.
Old 06-03-2013, 14:48   #4076
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well,2/10 is a bit harsh,but I admit it wasn't very good at all. It's a shame because this is a British production and more success would've been great.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
The Dark Knight Rises.

5/10

Tired plot.
Hardly any Batman.
Too many English people trying to pass themselves off as Americans.
Ridiculously characterless bad guy - Grant Mitchell (or any meat-head of your choice) in half a Darth Vader mask (the mask helps keep the pain away. Really? Try vodka)dubbed with someone else's completely unsuitable voice, shuffling around in a scruffy sheepskin coat.

I've seen more intimidating (and interesting) villains in my toilet bowl on a Sunday morning....

Meh....

If you disagree with my opinion, tough, I have a whole bottle of wine sloshing through my veins, and it's MONDAY tomorrow.
Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this.... I just thought it was tedious,boring,way,way over-long and just not very good at all.The script was terrible.
Nolan is also overrated as a Director,imo.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 15:32   #4077
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this.... I just thought it was tedious,boring,way,way over-long and just not very good at all.The script was terrible.
I didn't mind it but I prefer them in the order of release so my least favourite of the 3. The thing that kind of ruined it for me that how quickly Bane was killed and dealt with. It just all felt a bit flat after that one [quick] scene.
Old 07-03-2013, 14:08   #4078
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Rest assured, you are not alone.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 19:42   #4079
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Dredd(2012)

Pun intended

2/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I loved it
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 22:58   #4080
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Dredd is an amazing movie.

Oz the great and powerful 8/10. Really enjoyable and Raimi has done a fantastic job of creating a believable Oz and characters that you know will become those from the 1939 movie.