Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FA Cup 2005

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

FA Cup 2005

Old 08-01-2005, 18:12   #16
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Re: FA Cup 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel
mufc 0-0 exeter
absolute debacle being taken to a replay by ****ing exeter, fergies scant regard for cups now is getting beyond a joke, hopefully he'll pop his head out of arse and play the full team in the next leg, if today i watched united future team god help us
What scant regard is this? Who won the FA cup last year?
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2005, 18:15   #17
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
What scant regard is this? Who won the FA cup last year?

no good resting on your laurels though is it
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 18:20   #18
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: FA Cup upsets on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
:b lah:
1-0 to the Forest (Andy Reid free kick)
3-0 and we're in the hat. And Man U aren't (yet).

Hope we get a big team at home, we need the cash.

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 18:20   #19
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
No its not, but sorry I was under the impression that we drew. Maybe I was wrong did we actually lose? Are we out of the competition?
Old 08-01-2005, 18:21   #20
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No its not, but sorry I was under the impression that we drew. Maybe I was wrong did we actually lose? Are we out of the competition?

quite correct , man u are not out yet , neither are the boro
Old 08-01-2005, 18:22   #21
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Sorry, I thought the Football thread was created for people who didn't want to see CF polluted with threads about the tedium that is football.
You don't have to read it. You can always press the X if you don't like it...

Personally I only read threads I'm bothered about. You should try it instead of moaning.

Old 08-01-2005, 18:23   #22
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
Anybody would think Rooney and co were playing

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 18:27   #23
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Anybody would think Rooney and co were playing
What you seem to have failed to grasp is the FA Cup is a first team competition.

If Rooney, et al weren't playing because of Fergie's obvious contempt for the competition and lack of respect for the opposition, then that is THEIR fault.

You can't, after a poor performance, say "oh well we didn't play X, Y, blah so it doesn't count" it's silly.

I know Rooney's suspended but the fact is, all available players should be selected and the strongest side should be fielded.

Old 08-01-2005, 18:29   #24
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
What you seem to have failed to grasp is the FA Cup is a first team competition.
And what YOU'VE failed to grasp is had United played a full strength side they'd have knocked Exeter in to next week

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 08-01-2005, 18:30   #25
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:

If Rooney, et al weren't playing because of Fergie's obvious contempt for the competition and lack of respect for the opposition, then that is THEIR fault.
Does Mourinho have contempt for the competition and lack of respect for Scunthorpe as well? What about Wenger hes due to play a weakend team tomorrow does he also have contempt and lack of respect? Or is it just Fergie?
Old 08-01-2005, 18:33   #26
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age

Quote:
And what YOU'VE failed to grasp is had United played a full strength side they'd have knocked Exeter in to next week
Man Utd: Howard, Phil Neville, Brown, Pique, Spector, Eagles,Djemba-Djemba, Jones, Miller, Bellion, Richardson. Subs: Heinze,Ronaldo, Smith, Scholes, Ricardo

Scholes and Ronaldo on after 63 mins and Smith after 76 mins, so i fail to see on what you base your comment on Cracking result for Exeter, hopefullt the replay will be on sky fo them to give them a few quid

I do have no doubt utd will win the replay though, een Chelsea struggled today, going one down
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 18:40   #27
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:

any game should be a first team competition
Old 08-01-2005, 18:46   #28
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

We all know the FA cup is at the backs of a few clubs minds, it's getting like the League cup used to be, where 10,000 od turn up at the likes of Man U for a game. The financial rewards offered by the FA being outweighed the financial packages being offered by UEFA.
Old 08-01-2005, 18:48   #29
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham F
Scholes and Ronaldo on after 63 mins and Smith after 76 mins, so i fail to see on what you base your comment on
I'll point it out for you then

Of United's players today, perhaps just one or two of the first team regulars played a full game.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 08-01-2005, 18:51   #30
nffc
cf.mega poster

Whoa, ruffled some feathers with that one :smugashell:

Quote:
Does Mourinho have contempt for the competition and lack of respect for Scunthorpe as well? What about Wenger hes due to play a weakend team tomorrow does he also have contempt and lack of respect? Or is it just Fergie?
Well bearing in mind they both intend to play weakened sides, I'd say yes.

It's not just United I can't stand doing it, it's anyone. As a fan of a lower league club, I would be infuriated paying £25 for a match ticket (as they are at Forest) for a tie against Man Utd and getting a load of namby kids who have no experience between them.

It's an advertised FIRST TEAM competition, so where possible the FIRST TEAM should play.

Quote:
And if my auntie had a johnson...