Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 21-02-2019, 23:50   #1216
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

BBC Scotland has been added in readiness for its launch on 24 February.

In Scotland it occupies channel 108. In the rest of the UK it can be found on channel 162.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2019, 15:22   #1217
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Desi Entertainment slate added to channel 800.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:45   #1218
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Now 90's is broadcasting on Channel 347 and Total Country on Channel 348
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 15:36   #1219
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
Now 90's is broadcasting on Channel 347 and Total Country on Channel 348
Must try the country show
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 15:44   #1220
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Premier Sports 2 is now HD on 552
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 21:39   #1221
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Premier Sports 2 is now HD on 552
Rubbish channel. All it has on is 'Requires Subscription' and I'm sure that's a repeat....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 22:17   #1222
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Rubbish channel. All it has on is 'Requires Subscription' and I'm sure that's a repeat....
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:00   #1223
busboy125
Loving VM at the moment!

Services: VIP 350mb
busboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr k View Post
rubbish channel. All it has on is 'requires subscription' and i'm sure that's a repeat....

😂😂😂
Old 13-03-2019, 18:45   #1224
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

New Channel 4 HD station found on Channel 141 in Scotland. (Source: TiVo)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 18:58   #1225
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
New Channel 4 HD station found on Channel 141 in Scotland. (Source: TiVo)
I doubt I would have twigged, I rarely see adverts that are obviously from Scottish companies on C4...though most of my C4 consumption these days is either on on-demand or via the HD channel and that would've been London version prior to your information. Thanks though.

I don't know why Channel 4 bother with regional advertising, surely there isn't enough to make it worthwhile. And it's not like they have regional schedule differences.

Actually, now I think of it I saw a Scottish Water advert on All4 the other day.
Huh. :-D
Old 14-03-2019, 00:03   #1226
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I doubt I would have twigged, I rarely see adverts that are obviously from Scottish companies on C4...though most of my C4 consumption these days is either on on-demand or via the HD channel and that would've been London version prior to your information. Thanks though.

I don't know why Channel 4 bother with regional advertising, surely there isn't enough to make it worthwhile. And it's not like they have regional schedule differences.

Actually, now I think of it I saw a Scottish Water advert on All4 the other day.
Huh. :-D
Viacom scrapped channel 5's five advertising regions in August 2015, stating they were unviable. Obviously Channel 4 think it is still worthwhile to operate this way.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 07:33   #1227
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Viacom scrapped channel 5's five advertising regions in August 2015, stating they were unviable. Obviously Channel 4 think it is still worthwhile to operate this way.
I'm wondering when Channel 5 HD will become HD only as it's on all VM TV packages and like you said no regional adverts.
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 17:28   #1228
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

As of Today (25/04/19):

CHANNEL CLOSES:

-Television X 2 PPN has closes and has been removed from Virgin UK Channel 976.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 14:24   #1229
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I noticed just now that NHK World (625) has changed packs on Virgin Media's website table. I have checked and I can now receive this HD channel. It was the last of the News section that wasn't available to everyone.

The website suggests it's now available on Player tier, previously it was on Full House only. Can someone check it's on Player.

I also get the impression more channels have been added to Player tier, but since I'm on a higher pack I can't be sure.

This is the VM page with the table, though it does seem to have some errors, unless it was glitching for me. https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...tvlistings-top

Last edited by cheekyangus; 29-04-2019 at 14:31.
Old 30-04-2019, 10:45   #1230
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I had another quick look this morning. I compared the table on the link above with the PDF of April's channel list.

I can't test this one myself, unlike NHK World, as I was already receiving it, but it appears Film4+1 has been moved down to Player.

Given Film4+1 is freely available on Freeview and FreeSat this change is long overdue.

I've not spotted any other pack changes so far.

-----
Oh, and I was slightly wrong about NHK World being the last of the News section not available to everyone (prior to the change yesterday), Sky News HD is now the sole News section channel not available to every pack.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 30-04-2019 at 10:49.