Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unable to record

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Unable to record

Old 12-04-2019, 14:41   #16
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Unable to record

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
All4 , ITV Hub and My5 content is delivered via VM's on-demand delivery systems, there aren't apps for Channel 4, ITV and Channel 5, respectively, on VM. The full amount of content offered by those apps on other devices is not available, just a large selection of it, mostly catch-up, not many boxsets and the like (e.g. you can get other broadcaster's content via All4 and My5 smartTV/stick/mobile/tablet apps, but those broadcasters will likely have separate deals with VM so their content will hopefully be available elsewhere in the V6 menus under that broadcaster's logo).

The BBC offers its full (TV) service since it has its (TV) iPlayer app on Virgin Media. If you are in Scotland you also get the STV Player app, which has a mixture of ITV content (it being an ITV region) and its own archive. These apps work via the internet, not via VM's systems like with ITV/C4/C5 content.

I don't use the Apps & Games menu, I use a combination of the Catch-up and On-Demand menus (on the sub-menus you'll see the various ITV Hub, 4 and My5 logos present there) and pressing Red Button on BBC channels as another way to launch the iPlayer, BBC News and Sport apps.

Basically Paul much of what you are looking for, content-wise, is there. You just need to use different menus than you were using. I recommend setting aside half an hour and just browsing around the V6 menus familiarising yourself with what is where. There are some menus you'll find you'll never use once you know your way about. Plus there are some shortcut remote presses to get to certain areas quicker e.g. to get to Planner with less presses (press 2 on the remote from the Home menu).
Interesting. I thought ITV Hub, All4 and My5 were all listed under apps and games before but maybe I was mistaken.

I don't think everything from the full apps are on demand, but it would be good if they were. This would be far better than having the full apps with their unskippable advertisements. When all the episodes of 'Indian Summers' was on All4, I am pretty sure they were not available within our 'on demand' section.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2019, 15:19   #17
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Interesting. I thought ITV Hub, All4 and My5 were all listed under apps and games before but maybe I was mistaken.
I suspect the reason you, and many others, probably thought that was that in the Catch-Up and On-Demand menus they used the ITV Hub, All4 and Demand5/My5 logos. This has now changed for two of them, the All4 logo has been refreshed to the new branding of 4 with a yellow and green striped bit, and the My5 has been replaced by just the normal 5 logo. The ITV Hub is still called that on the graphic, but has been updated to the new colour scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't think everything from the full apps are on demand, but it would be good if they were. This would be far better than having the full apps with their unskippable advertisements. When all the episodes of 'Indian Summers' was on All4, I am pretty sure they were not available within our 'on demand' section.
Yup. It is annoying. I'd love the full Walter Presents section.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 09:38   #18
paul2908
cf.member

paul2908 is an unknown quantity at this point

i read today that all series of The Shield were to be shown on All4 from the 24th. i've looked on catch up, on demand & even tried a wishlist search where an on screen message read 'no upcoming episodes in the next 2 weeks' sorry to keep playing the same old record, but can anyone help?
paul2908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 10:29   #19
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2908 View Post
i read today that all series of The Shield were to be shown on All4 from the 24th. i've looked on catch up, on demand & even tried a wishlist search where an on screen message read 'no upcoming episodes in the next 2 weeks' sorry to keep playing the same old record, but can anyone help?
Simply that VM doesn't have the access to the full content lists of many services (All4, My5, UKTV etc). In All4's case VM have all the catch-up but not all the boxsets. The boxsets that don't show are the American ones and most of the Walter Presents ones (we only get the the ones that are broadcast on likes of More4). Basically if the subtitled show is broadcast on a C4 channel, VM get it. And it the US show is broadcast, VM get it.

The deals C4 makes for likes of Community, 30Rock and The Shield aren't broadcast deals, they are on-demand deals. When Channel 4 made deals with the likes of VM originally they weren't doing on-demand only shows like this, so they won't be covered and a new deal will have to be made. You will have to use a device with the All4 app, e.g. Roku, your mobile/tablet if you want The Sheild.

Having said that, recently Catch-up has been extended from 7 days to 30 days for shows on C4 channels, so a new deal may have been made and this is the first stage of it being implemented.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 26-04-2019 at 10:34.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 10:34   #20
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2908 View Post
A Lot of the on-demand stuff from All4 is online only. Just checked and all 7 series(88 episodes) are available on All4 online. Same goes for a lot of the "Walter Presents" series. The 1st episode is shown on VM etc, but the rest of the series is often only available online.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 14:54   #21
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Having said that, recently Catch-up has been extended from 7 days to 30 days for shows on C4 channels, so a new deal may have been made and this is the first stage of it being implemented.
Catch-Up is now 30days expiry on ITV, Channel 4 & Channel 5.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote