Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2008, 13:36   #4681
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
Not so much a dropped hint, more an overarm throw...
Hehehe

The BBC Interview was conducted in a private room so unlikely there is any loose footage lying around on CCTV or Camcorders.

I don't expect they would be willing to release the unedited footage, although it would indeed be interesting and synonymous with Smokey and Bandit out takes

Alexander Hanff
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2008, 13:48   #4682
jca111
Inactive

jca111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Hehehe

The BBC Interview was conducted in a private room so unlikely there is any loose footage lying around on CCTV or Camcorders.

I don't expect they would be willing to release the unedited footage, although it would indeed be interesting and synonymous with Smokey and Bandit out takes

Alexander Hanff

Couldnt you put a DPA request in for the footage, even the unedited stuff?
Old 24-04-2008, 13:50   #4683
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

ohh what a shame, a private room and so no footage and no fancy IT backdrops looking over your shoulder ;(

just a reminder, is there any small claim and named person's injunction advice in them books we might use to our advantage!
Old 24-04-2008, 14:06   #4684
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

I've now had a reply to my email to Nick Clegg,

His office have stated that the Lib Dems are fully aware of Phorm and believe if it is introduced it should be opt-in only.

They included a link to the early day motion.

They also claim that they are seeking other ways to attack Gordon Brown's surveillance society, and that strongly comitted to protecting privacy and civil liberties.
Old 24-04-2008, 14:25   #4685
jelv
Inactive

jelv is an unknown quantity at this point

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDe...px?EDMID=35552

Signatory counts so far:

Conservative Party 1
Democratic Unionist Party 4
INDEPENDENT LABOUR 1
Labour Party 10
Liberal Democrats 20

Does this suggest that members of a particular group have conflicting intereests, or that senior members of that party have conflicting interests and instructions have been issued?

(Not heard back from my MP yet)
Old 24-04-2008, 14:31   #4686
OldBear
Inactive

OldBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelv View Post

<snip>

Does this suggest that members of a particular group have conflicting intereests, or that senior members of that party have conflicting interests and instructions have been issued?

Thanks for the update, jelv.

I don't know about the conflicting interests or instructions, but I can tell you that the number of signatories has gone up 7 since I posted the link to this EDM on here yesterday, so that's a good thing, at least.

Keep writing to your MPs and MEPs, folks.
Old 24-04-2008, 14:39   #4687
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelv View Post

Signatory counts so far:

Conservative Party 1
Democratic Unionist Party 4
INDEPENDENT LABOUR 1
Labour Party 10
Liberal Democrats 20

Peter Bottomley seems to be the only Tory, and he's always been his own man.
Old 24-04-2008, 14:40   #4688
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Cleaned it up a little.

Alexander Hanff
Old 24-04-2008, 14:41   #4689
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

just a reminder about RIPA, perhaps Rolands officer contacts might be of some use getting good solid advice/feedback.

i wonder what their personal view of being intercepted is too, if they have an ISP phorming them in the office or at home.

the Stanford case being the prosecution under RIPA and the subsequent loss of appeal by the ISP Executive involved case law as per Alexander and my finding earlyer in this thread so the board and executive managers can be Prosecuted, dont forget that.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pi...il/084400.html
"
Police, Home Office, and Phorm

Roland Perry ukcrypto at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:42:42 +0100
Previous message: Police, Home Office, and Phorm
Next message: Police, Home Office, and Phorm
Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In article <MBELJPEGAMOKEHHLKHHOMEKACCAA.pjohn at blueyonder.co.uk>, Pete
John <pjohn at blueyonder.co.uk> writes
>The Police declined to investigate, and told me responsibility
>for enforcing RIPA belongs to the Home Office.

The police investigated the Stanford case (I know some of the officers
involved).

Perhaps the police you talked to are confused, and think your complaint
relates to the oversight of Pt1 Ch2 (as experienced by the police),
which isn't the Home Office either (but the Interception Commissioner).
--
Roland Perry
Old 24-04-2008, 14:41   #4690
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

I've had another reply from my MEP Liz Lynne, she has sent me a scanned copy of a letter she has received from the ICo, which is the same as the 1.3 version we have seen on the ICO site. I am pleased with her response as it shows she has been asking questions about the issue and she has said she will contact me again if anything else arises.
Old 24-04-2008, 14:56   #4691
manxminx
Inactive

Services: All VM cable: V+, 20Meg Broadband, XL phone
manxminx is on a distinguished roadmanxminx is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

It's an excellent logo Alexander, well done! is there no end to your talents?

Ali.

P.s. Vector Graphics? Never heard of it!
Old 24-04-2008, 14:58   #4692
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
OK I have been spending a little time this morning playing with an idea for a logo for the privacyonline web site. Please note I am not a graphics artist so I have done the best with the little knowledge of vector graphics that I have.

What do you all think?

Alexander Hanff
Not bad considering you don't know that much about graphics, I like the man in the middle.
Old 24-04-2008, 15:07   #4693
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca111 View Post
I did think of doing that - but my name is not Kent - and I don't want to come down to Phorm's level.
Is he 20 and from Sheffield.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=144831302

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Or
Brett Munckton
Old 24-04-2008, 15:09   #4694
jca111
Inactive

jca111 is an unknown quantity at this point

and

Its way to similar! don't want to be done for Passing Off now. Not trying to be too critical - because I love what you are doing Alex - but we should reconsider this logo.
Old 24-04-2008, 15:09   #4695
popper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxminx View Post

It's an excellent logo Alexander, well done! is there no end to your talents?

Ali.

P.s. Vector Graphics? Never heard of it!
its a way to create a graphic that scales to any size without loss of detail blockness as you might see on ordinary graphics apps when using the zoom option.

much the same as vector f(ph)onts

perhaps a smaller version is required, thinking about when news stories want to quote some PO text ect, does it fit on screen or paper well as a sidebar GFX!
Closed Thread