Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I think I've been duped

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

I think I've been duped

Old 28-05-2022, 11:50   #1
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I've been duped

Why is Virgin Media classing the Volt bundles as a single bundle, and yet I am billed for the TV, Broadband, and Talk weekends by VM and billed by O2 for my SIM? I have just recently changed my bundle due to my contract being up.I was offered the same package as before, but my SIM would be with O2.I was told £78, and I said does that include the price for the SIM, to which he replied yes. My first bill was what I thought it would be £68 from VM and £10 from O2 for the SIM. But this month, it is now £78 plus 10 for the SIM. Would VM normally quote the Volt bundle price to customers without adding the SIM price?
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-05-2022, 12:02   #2
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: I think I've been duped

Is a SIM the thing you put in the phone , which is free calls cost money !!!
Old 28-05-2022, 12:29   #3
trublue
cf.addict

The SIM is for my own phone, and it comes with 8GB of data, unlimited calls and texts.
Old 28-05-2022, 21:47   #4
trublue
cf.addict

Just a quick update.Apart from a pause for a second, it has streamed perfectly for the last few days.Can you tell me if this problem was specifically addressed in the update?
Old 29-05-2022, 00:21   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
Why is Virgin Media classing the Volt bundles as a single bundle, and yet I am billed for the TV, Broadband, and Talk weekends by VM and billed by O2 for my SIM? I have just recently changed my bundle due to my contract being up.I was offered the same package as before, but my SIM would be with O2.I was told £78, and I said does that include the price for the SIM, to which he replied yes. My first bill was what I thought it would be £68 from VM and £10 from O2 for the SIM. But this month, it is now £78 plus 10 for the SIM. Would VM normally quote the Volt bundle price to customers without adding the SIM price?
The thing with Virgin is that when renewing with a new bundle/contract, what you are offered is sometimes not the same as what you actually get.

It's been said that, particularly the offshore call centre workers, simply lie to get their commission.

I have recently fallen victim to this as, even the tactic of getting them to add the offer to the notes has been abused by them with something different to what I' was offered being written down.

It's now with the office of the CEO.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2022, 08:30   #6
trublue
cf.addict

This was a UK call centre. Sorry to hear you're having problems as well.
Old 29-05-2022, 12:34   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The thing with Virgin is that when renewing with a new bundle/contract, what you are offered is sometimes not the same as what you actually get.

It's been said that, particularly the offshore call centre workers, simply lie to get their commission.

I have recently fallen victim to this as, even the tactic of getting them to add the offer to the notes has been abused by them with something different to what I' was offered being written down.

It's now with the office of the CEO.
"It’s been said" - by whom?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2022, 17:54   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You really need to ask
Old 29-05-2022, 19:45   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Richard. He says it regularly.
Old 31-05-2022, 19:43   #10
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on Ultimate Volt which is quoted as £99pm. Get billed £25 by 02 and £74 by VM. I think the first bill of the new contract was a bit different but then it settled down.
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:26   #11
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I always found the first bill to be an odd amount at the start of a new contract on both Sky and VM. The bill changeover date will usually be different to the contract date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwakuk View Post
I am on Ultimate Volt which is quoted as £99pm. Get billed £25 by 02 and £74 by VM. I think the first bill of the new contract was a bit different but then it settled down.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 14:07   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
This was a UK call centre. Sorry to hear you're having problems as well.
Thanks. Some of the UK based agents are just as bad- they told me a load of nonsense eg that I would keep Full House, that Maxit was exactly the same as Full House anyway etc Once again I had to contact the office of the CEO to get things corrected.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 15:02   #13
Cheile48
cf.member

Services: Mega Volt bundle, 2 V6s, and Freeview HD, Amazon Prime, Google Chromecast/Google TV, Netflix.
Cheile48 is on a distinguished roadCheile48 is on a distinguished road

I was on unlimited data, texts and minutes for £25 per month as part of my new Volt package. This was more than I needed so I had an online chat with o2 and got my package changed to £18 per month for 50GB data and unlimited minutes and texts. Al went very smoothly.
Cheile48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:52   #14
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheile48 View Post
I was on unlimited data, texts and minutes for £25 per month as part of my new Volt package. This was more than I needed so I had an online chat with o2 and got my package changed to £18 per month for 50GB data and unlimited minutes and texts. Al went very smoothly.
I didn't know you could do that. Did you just contact O2?

I'm on Ultimate Volt after I upgraded from VIP or whatever it was before.

I don't mind paying but I don't need unlimited on the SIM as I rarely use more than 1-2Gb a month.

Thing that annoys me is before I paid one price for the length of the contract with the VM Sim, now it goes up each year
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote