Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Would you go and live on the moon?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Would you go and live on the moon?

Old 12-06-2022, 12:18   #46
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Would you go and live on the moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
What we need to find is a lifeform that breathes in Carbon Dioxide and exhales Oxygen.
Once we have got hold of those then we breed them and they will help in securing a breathable planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Errr

IIRC thats during the day, at night they do the reverse.

I do recall QI saying that plankton give us more O2 than trees!
Old 13-06-2022, 08:34   #47
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Already been done by the Clangers. They used dustbin lids on the crater entrances. They seemed happy enough I must say

These creatures were ahead of their time!

I think this is proof if they can live on the moon then so can we.
Although we may turn pink.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2022, 09:21   #48
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
These creatures were ahead of their time!

I think this is proof if they can live on the moon then so can we.
Although we may turn pink.
The loss of opposable thumbs may be awkward. Same with the loss of ability to speak though maybe we could move politicians to the moon with out much loss of clarity.

Actually that could be a good idea. Move all parliaments to the moon. They would have to be treat us earth-bound "plebs" really carefully if they want supplies to be delivered and deselection to be less brief and permanent that would be if the deselected one can be brought back down to earth. You would also have to be really sure that you wanted to be elected too.
Old 13-06-2022, 09:46   #49
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I like your thinking Tweetie.

Old 13-06-2022, 18:02   #50
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

If our Politians are going to be housed on the moon I withdraw my ealier comments as there is no way I would want to help geoform an area that was comtaminated by so much garbage..
Old 13-06-2022, 18:05   #51
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
If our Politians are going to be housed on the moon I withdraw my ealier comments as there is no way I would want to help geoform an area that was comtaminated by so much garbage..
No we'd stick them on Mercury's hot side (along with investment bankers)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2022, 18:20   #52
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
No we'd stick them on Mercury's hot side (along with investment bankers)
Actually if they did get isolated on the moon I bet a lot of telescopes would be bought. Would be amusing watching the blighters running around and having to co-operate to survive.
Old 14-06-2022, 08:14   #53
Halcyon
Hello !

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Actually if they did get isolated on the moon I bet a lot of telescopes would be bought. Would be amusing watching the blighters running around and having to co-operate to survive.

They'd all be having parties draining all the resources we sent to them.

Old 15-06-2022, 10:05   #54
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
They'd all be having parties draining all the resources we sent to them.
Only for as long as we send them. Country doing badly - survival rations, doing well something extra. And only at certain intervals, so they could binge but then go hungry until the next supply run.
Old 15-06-2022, 14:07   #55
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Only for as long as we send them. Country doing badly - survival rations, doing well something extra. And only at certain intervals, so they could binge but then go hungry until the next supply run.
You may wish to read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert A Heinlein…

Spoiler: 
The Loonies (Lunar inhabitants) focused Earth’s attention when they tried to reduce rations by using a mass driver to drop rocks down the gravity well
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote