Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | poor service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

poor service

Old 20-12-2010, 14:51   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Unhappy poor service

My sister switched from virgin to sky earlier this year and it`s proven to be the biggest mistake of her life. She lives in a tower block and shares a dish with other residents. She gets no reception at all,as had sky out several times only to be told the problem is with the dish,not the box and as they didn`t install it it`s nothing to do with them. Now for me they should either cancell her subscription or work with the housing association to fix the problem. What do others think? The sky engineer should of picked up on the fault or weak signal when installing it I think. The box is a sky+ one but is usless. It seems to me that sky are very keen to sign you up but once you have don`t give two hoots about you. Awarning to anyone thinking of joining them I think.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2010, 16:34   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: poor service

Communal systems are the responsiblity of the landlord and nothing to with Sky. As part of the fixtures and fittings of the property, it is up to the tennant to contact the landlord, who will then get their appointed contractor to investigate the problem.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 14:55   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

She asked the housing association and they said it`s sky who are responsable! I agree with you though as it was Erimas housing who insisted that all tennents must use the communial dish provided rather than have their own installed. I would of thought though that the sky engineer would of known that the system wasn`t suitable for sky+, and as a `good will gesture` contacted erimas housing with an offer to right the problem. After all they`re going to loose my sisters custom and other possible new ones as she is now warning everyone against getting sky installed!
Old 21-12-2010, 19:21   #4
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
She asked the housing association and they said it`s sky who are responsable!
A typical cop out from a landlord. It's like saying if the Freeview reception is bad it's the BBC who should fix it !.

Like most landlords, they don't want to spend money on the system. If it was poorly installed or old (Sky+ needs two separate feeds and old systems only have one) quite a bit of work may need to be done.

Does the problem just affect your sister, or do the other tennants have problems. It may just be a bad connection in a wall plate that is causing a problem.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 19:47   #5
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

The landlord will have a company that installed the equipment and is supposed to maintain it, obviously though the landlord doesn't want to pay to get them in.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 14:35   #6
telegramsam
telegramsam

She doesn`t know many in the tower block who have sky but one woman she knows also has problems. The whole system was only put in last year I think,when the tower block was totally renovated. Previously tenents had their own dishes but the council/eramas housing said it was unsightly having loads of dishes on the sides of the tower block and banned them. The problem with my sister is she doesn`t like to kick up a fuss. If it were me I`d be on to them until they sorted it,and I`d be finding out who else has sky and whether they have problems too. I`m just glad I`m with virgin,although I`m not in a tower block, and I have a dish on my wall for my freesat in the bedroom.
Old 22-12-2010, 15:27   #7
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

If it were me I would write a letter to the landlord giving a deadline to fix it otherwise sky will be out to fix it and the bill will be passed on.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote