Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky+ problems help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky+ problems help

Old 24-10-2010, 12:45   #1
kmack10
Inactive

kmack10 is an unknown quantity at this point
sky+ problems help

hi
i just moved into a rented flat and have got sky plus installed. which has been rubbish keep loosing signal etc. recording fails. all channels not wrking apart from one channel. its been of more often than not.
had a sky man out today to check it and he said it could be that there is no second cable lead from the dish. so he changed it single feed or something. so have channels and can only record and not change to another channel. its a communal dish. i open the socket on the wall to see if there is a second feed but there isnt. so my problem is what do i do now.
kmack10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-10-2010, 15:05   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: sky+ problems help

Is it a Sky+ box, or a Sky+HD box?

The Sky+HD box does have a "single feed mode" as part of the new EPG, but the Sky+ box does not.

Whichever kind of box it is, if you only have one feed, then as you have found you cannot use it to its fullest. e.g. You cannot watch one channel while recording another, or record two channels at once.

If it's a Sky+HD box, you can at least record what you are watching, & you can have it perform unattended recordings while it is in standby.

With only a communal dish installed at the property, and only a single feed provided to your flat, there is not much you can do. Having another feed installed to your flat could be a possibility, but in all likelihood would be extremely expensive.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 15:07   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Unless you have another feed in another room
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 19:14   #4
kmack10
Inactive

kmack10 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
its a sky+ HD box. yeah that sounds expensive. just a bit annoying that the guy installing it didnt pick up that there wasnt the second cable. thanks for reply
kmack10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 19:30   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

You can at least be thankful that it's a Sky+HD box & not a normal Sky+ box - trying to use a standard + box with a single feed is a PITA.

I have a single feed from a communal dish, serving my Sky+HD box. Single-feed mode is not ideal, but even though I can't watch one thing & record another at the same time, it's still extremely handy being able to record what I'm watching, record unattended, & use things such as Live Pause & Instant Rewind.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote