Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Hd Boxes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Hd Boxes

Old 20-06-2010, 18:20   #1
shearo
Inactive

shearo is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky Hd Boxes

Hi All,
I've just joined you guys and have a question concerning Sky Hd Boxes.
Having just upgraded from sky+ to HD I was dissapointed when I connected my conservatory TV to the RF out( same coax lead as with Sky +)! The picture quality was shocking, so having called out an engineer he explained that the new HD boxes have a significantly lower power output from both of the RF outs. This now means that I cannot watch Sky using this method without boosting the signal externally.
Anybody else bumped into this prob???
Cheers
Shearo
shearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2010, 22:56   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky Hd Boxes

I have no issues with the RF feed from my Sky+HD box (routed to the bedroom TV). No different to when I had a bog standard Sky box.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 08:28   #3
shearo
Inactive

shearo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt,
That's good news ...at least it's possible to get e good signal from the outputs. I must have a box with low power outputs. Sky here I come!!
Thanks
shearo
shearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 21:56   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

May be worth bringing up the hidden installer menu & changing the RF output frequency? Perhaps the new box isn't outputting the same freq. the old one was, rather than it being low power?

Services > 0 > 0 > 1 > Select

Has to be done quickly.

Should be an option in there for RF outputs. Just don't mess with anything else.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:28   #5
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think sky is the best no doubt. [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 06:50   #6
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shearo View Post
Hi All,
I was dissapointed when I connected my conservatory TV to the RF out( same coax lead as with Sky +)!Shearo
I bought a cheap RF amplifier ( in a power-plug) ( from B&Q I think)

The picture-by-coax all round my place - from the RF output is great !
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 19:35   #7
jonathan8596
Inactive

jonathan8596 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i have a simalar problem with my sky hd box, the bedroom tv is conected to my sky box through the rf output but i only get mono sound and the picture is not as good as the main tv in the front room is their a better way of conecting to my sky with out loosing the magic eye and taking into acount the bedroom tv is someway from the sky box.please help
jonathan8596 is offline   Reply With Quote