Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky plus remote control

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky plus remote control

Old 30-09-2008, 16:34   #1
painterman
Inactive

painterman is an unknown quantity at this point
sky plus remote control

I have an amstrad sky plus box everything works ok apart from the red,green,yellow and blue buttons on the remote control all other buttons work ok. Can anyone help.
painterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2008, 16:35   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: sky plus remote control

Have you tried changing the batteries?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 18:05   #3
painterman
Inactive

have just changed batteries still the same
Old 30-09-2008, 18:51   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

If you're within your first 12 months I'd give Sky a call and get them to send you a new one.

If you're not then get yourself down to Argos and buy a new one, if that one suffers the same problem then it's the box (and you can take the remote back to Argos under their gaurentee), if that solves it then it was the remote and you should be back in business again.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 19:14   #5
painterman
Inactive

thanks will try a new one
Old 26-08-2009, 23:42   #6
charlie456300
Inactive

charlie456300 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a problem with a skyplus remote it is new and new batterys i cant get it to work with the skyplus box there is a red light on the remote controller but no light on the box appears if i take it to my other sky box it works the skyplus etc ok yet it is new and has not been programmed to any of my other sky boxes ok sky sent signal to the box and said that they have checked out all the functions from there end to the box and it works fine however the remote still wont work with the sky plus box so i cant use the remote at all please help me
charlie456300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 02:13   #7
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie456300 View Post
i have a problem with a skyplus remote it is new and new batterys i cant get it to work with the skyplus box there is a red light on the remote controller but no light on the box appears if i take it to my other sky box it works the skyplus etc ok yet it is new and has not been programmed to any of my other sky boxes ok sky sent signal to the box and said that they have checked out all the functions from there end to the box and it works fine however the remote still wont work with the sky plus box so i cant use the remote at all please help me
Could you have you pressed the TV button on the remote while trying to use it with the sky+ box by any chance?

Make sure to press the Sky button first and then try it.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 08:47   #8
charlie456300
Inactive

charlie456300 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi no i havent pressed the tv button ok there is no light on the box when i press the remote ok there is a light on the remote controller ok
charlie456300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:34   #9
paul gprdpn
Inactive

paul gprdpn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i have a main sky box and other tvs running off magic eyes. the tv with the sky box works fine, however the other sky controllers are not working properly as the down scroll button does not work, and neither does the information button. please can you help
paul gprdpn is offline   Reply With Quote