Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How many times do I need to tell Sky?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How many times do I need to tell Sky?

Old 08-01-2011, 03:42   #1
CMP
Inactive

Services: VM 50MB BB, XL TV, W/E Phone. VM HD+. Blackberry 9700, Landrover, and a dog called 'Buddy'
CMP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to CMP
How many times do I need to tell Sky?

Full cancellation of all services to end on 5th January with the statuary 30 days notice given on the 5th December, and still I have all of the Sky services! I have rung them twice to tell them I'm still receiving their TV, phone, broadband!

Should I just forget it? I expect they will be on the phone pretty sharpish wanting some more money when the next bill is due - shame they won't get it, as the direct debit is also cancelled?

I expect this to turn into some sort of sh*tefest with sky.
CMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2011, 07:24   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: How many times do I need to tell Sky?

Did you send it recorded delivery of just do it over the phone? This sort of thing happens often and I know a certain cable company that had the same problem remembering to cancel people lol
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:15   #3
CMP
Inactive

Services: VM 50MB BB, XL TV, W/E Phone. VM HD+. Blackberry 9700, Landrover, and a dog called 'Buddy'
CMP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to CMP

Done over the phone and I have a letter from sky telling me that they're sorry I'm leaving bla bla bla, and that all services will cease on January 5th.
CMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 14:07   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Then I would suggest photocopying the letter or scanning it to PDF and then complaining if you get billed past the 5th as it is their error not yours.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote