Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:20   #151
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Do you not see anything wrong with that obnoxious display of jingoism?

Do you not see anything wrong with allowing Chucky Green to hijack Rememberance day for his own ends?

What was the celebration for? Is it not supposed to be a dignified time of reflection?

Is it true that, when the gun went off, every Sevco player immediately rushed to the Govan shipyards to secure employment?
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 10:01   #152
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Do you not see anything wrong with that obnoxious display of jingoism?

Do you not see anything wrong with allowing Chucky Green to hijack Rememberance day for his own ends?

What was the celebration for? Is it not supposed to be a dignified time of reflection?
Nope nothing wrong with it at all. Rangers have always had a close relationship with the armed forces and show their support for Erskine and the poppy appeal every year.

Maybe you are just confused by seeing a flag of your own country at a football stadium?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:17   #153
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Nope nothing wrong with it at all. Rangers have always had a close relationship with the armed forces and show their support for Erskine and the poppy appeal every year.

Maybe you are just confused by seeing a flag of your own country at a football stadium?
You see what you want? I have my eyes open.

Has there always been such a jingoistic display on rememberance day?
paper squares that had formed a poppy being made into paper aeroplanes... very dignified
Did anybody look at the shirt... it reads RFC lest we forget Tennants... very dignified.
Old soldiers will be turning in their graves
Rangers will be turning in their grave

IMHO, it's far more patriotic to pay your taxes than produce such selfish displays that have an obvious ulterior motive.

£100million would have gone a fair way to providing front line troops with essential equipment.

Anyhow, how's that HMRC enquiry into Chucky Green going?
Have those redundancies of staff in the main stand kicked in yet?

tick tock, Liquidation Day 2.... coming to a corrupt club near you soon.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06   #154
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You see what you want? I have my eyes open. .
Will your eyes and ears be open today when the groin brigade inevitably disgrace themselves with another poorly spelt banner attacking the UK armed forces and ruining the minutes silence.

You'll probably hear it just before they launch into their usual IRA-oke.

Quote:
£100million would have gone a fair way to providing front line troops with essential equipment.
Hmmmm, £100 million. You've obviously been reading too many online ramblings of the obsessed. The amount of tax and NI not paid by Charles Green was about £9 million.

The amount of the still disputed EBT'S was in the region of £49 million that was made up of £35 million in unpaid tax and £14 million in penalties.

Incidentally I remember certain posters on here proclaiming loudly the tax case had been settled in HMRC's favour. Funny you'd have thought the media might have mentioned it?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:28   #155
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

Incidentally I remember certain posters on here proclaiming loudly the tax case had been settled in HMRC's favour. Funny you'd have thought the media might have mentioned it?
It has been. Those who have had sight of it aren't allowed to report on it yet.

The delay in publishing is to allow the names of individuals to be anonymised. My understanding is that this is the norm when there may be potential prosecutions.

The administrators put the tab at £94million owed to HMRC. They never did pay the "small" tax case bill either. That doesn't include the money owed to other organisations such as Strathclyde Police and the Ambulance Service or the other 200+ companies they owed money to.

Did they actually hand the poppy money over last year?

I was just down at the rememberance service at my local cenotaph where my 2 daughters represented the Guides and Brownies. Very dignified and very solemn. Not at all like that charade that took place in ibroke yesterday.
Old 11-11-2012, 13:29   #156
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

The media mention it you are a right card u. The media along with your own delusion will contribute to liquidation 2, be sure of it. Anyway shouldn't you be on pie and bovril talking about Annan and stuff . Happily your club is insignificant, shouldn't really get drawn into debate with you, sadly zombie fans are even crazier than Rangers (RIP, lest we forget) fans. Off to watch a champions league side going top of the SPL. Yeah i have to pay over £700 a season for myself and wee girl, but that's the going rate for a top club with top players Re your tired old attendance crap well i suppose poundland had more visitors than Versace this weekend
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 15:06   #157
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That isn't my national flag. The Saltire is.
Old 11-11-2012, 16:41   #158
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That isn't my national flag. The Saltire is.
Which flag isn't yours
This one:
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/g...000zhD53CUQkGY

Or this one with the Hamburg sign in the centre:
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/g...000zhD53CUQkGY

The pro neo-nazi symbolism didn't look out of place with the nazi salutes that accompanied Rule Brittania.

I'm sure those who fought the Nazis would approve of that display as part of a day of rememberance.
Old 11-11-2012, 17:53   #159
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Dire today, fans were great though, that angry zombie guy that posts on here got it wrong again. Need to up it in the league. We had 5 or 6 out today but should still be good enough.
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:31   #160
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Dire today, fans were great though, that angry zombie guy that posts on here got it wrong again. Need to up it in the league. We had 5 or 6 out today but should still be good enough.
Missed it today. It didn't sound great the bits I heard on the radio. I saw a good chunk of the hibs/Dundee Utd. That was actually quite a good game. This armageddon has worked out quite well for some

Better half was at a charity ladies lunch so I had to look after my girls. Spent a couple of hours at Drumpellier lochs (bloody freezing) and will have a chatty, half cut, wife to deal with when she returns from her "lunch" I'm hoping she runs out of steam before the highlights
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05   #161
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

What are peoples thoughts on Hearts rejecting the offer of £500,000 from Rangers? Rangers owe £800,000 to Hearts in transfer fees and are supposed to be paying £300,000 of that amount next month with the balance (500k) due next year. Charles Green, ever the opportunist, was quick to make the offer thinking he could save his own club £300,000 but Hearts rejected the offer by text on Saturday morning.

With the toiling Tynecastle club facing a liquidation threat by the end of the week unless they meet a £450,000 HMRC bill, and John McGlynn fearing that Saturday’s draw in Inverness could have been the club’s last match, it looks like Hearts are pretty confident their fans will come up with the money needed to be in a position to reject the offer from Rangers. So why did Hearts come out with such bold press statements last week? Just scare mongering their fans into shelling out?

Apparently Fedotovas didn’t even enter into any kind of negotiation with Rangers. The offer was flat rejected by text message. Surely trying to push Rangers up to £600,000 or £650,000 would have been a more acceptable deal for all parties involved? If Hearts do go into administration, will they ever forgive Romanov for turning down a guaranteed lifeline?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35   #162
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What are peoples thoughts on Hearts rejecting the offer of £500,000 from Rangers? Rangers owe £800,000 to Hearts in transfer fees and are supposed to be paying £300,000 of that amount next month with the balance (500k) due next year. Charles Green, ever the opportunist, was quick to make the offer thinking he could save his own club £300,000 but Hearts rejected the offer by text on Saturday morning.

With the toiling Tynecastle club facing a liquidation threat by the end of the week unless they meet a £450,000 HMRC bill, and John McGlynn fearing that Saturday’s draw in Inverness could have been the club’s last match, it looks like Hearts are pretty confident their fans will come up with the money needed to be in a position to reject the offer from Rangers. So why did Hearts come out with such bold press statements last week? Just scare mongering their fans into shelling out?

Apparently Fedotovas didn’t even enter into any kind of negotiation with Rangers. The offer was flat rejected by text message. Surely trying to push Rangers up to £600,000 or £650,000 would have been a more acceptable deal for all parties involved? If Hearts do go into administration, will they ever forgive Romanov for turning down a guaranteed lifeline?
Fortunately, I don't work at that level of morality so can't fathom either of them out. As crooked as they are though, they're pretty clever so shouldn't be underestimated.

I don't know how these things work but from what has happened to Rangers, I suspect that Romanov is about to pull a flanker with Hearts. The authorities bent over backwards to sneak Rangers into the SPL so if they apply the same criteria to Hearts then administration could be a wise business move.

Hearts would be deducted points but would emerge debt free and quite probably still playing in the SPL. Only HMRC, and by extension each tax payer, would be getting stiffed.

The difference between the Hearts and what happened to Rangers is that the main creditor of Hearts is a Lithuanian bank owned by a certain Mr Romanov. Any CVA proposal couldn't be vetoed by HMRC.

I'd imagine that Romanov has already written off the money owed to him by Hearts so accepting a pennies in the pound deal could be to his advantage.
Hearts exit administration, still the same club and still in the SPL.

I don't know if it's possible to do this. if it is then accepting Rangers offer would not to be Hearts advantage even if it was one penny less than what was owed.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36   #163
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

No deal with rangers is the best deal.

Rangers are masters are not paying money, just trying to take advantage of another club, which they seem to have done to all clubs for the last few years.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05   #164
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Fortunately, I don't work at that level of morality so can't fathom either of them out. As crooked as they are though, they're pretty clever so shouldn't be underestimated.

I don't know how these things work but from what has happened to Rangers, I suspect that Romanov is about to pull a flanker with Hearts. The authorities bent over backwards to sneak Rangers into the SPL so if they apply the same criteria to Hearts then administration could be a wise business move.

Hearts would be deducted points but would emerge debt free and quite probably still playing in the SPL. Only HMRC, and by extension each tax payer, would be getting stiffed.

The difference between the Hearts and what happened to Rangers is that the main creditor of Hearts is a Lithuanian bank owned by a certain Mr Romanov. Any CVA proposal couldn't be vetoed by HMRC.

I'd imagine that Romanov has already written off the money owed to him by Hearts so accepting a pennies in the pound deal could be to his advantage.
Hearts exit administration, still the same club and still in the SPL.

I don't know if it's possible to do this. if it is then accepting Rangers offer would not to be Hearts advantage even if it was one penny less than what was owed.
I've got to agree with your point of view. Hearts fans at my work suspect Romanov wants the club to go into administration. Hearts fans are also suggesting the rules have changed since last year. whilst Rangers lost 10 points last season Hearts face either a 15-point deduction or losing a third of last seasons point tally. If Hearts go into administration they face dropping to the bottom of the SPL sitting on either -1 or -4 points. A real possibility they could be relegated.

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
No deal with rangers is the best deal.

Rangers are masters are not paying money, just trying to take advantage of another club, which they seem to have done to all clubs for the last few years.
I can understand your point of view. It's going to take a long time for Rangers to rebuild their reputation.

Hearts fans I know are just desperate for their club to be saved. Not all of them, but a fair few are very disappointed Hearts didn't accept or at least try to negotiate the offer from Rangers to secure their club.

Whilst it appears Rangers are trying to take advantage of Hearts, lets wait and see what happens if the club goes into administration. I'm expecting clubs south of the border to take advantage, snapping up Hearts players on the cheap or even free in January.

Either way, things are looking very grim at Tynecastle. There is also a suggestion that Dunfermline will be entering into administration by December over a £81,000 tax bill.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:10   #165
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I am a hearts fan

If they go into administration, so be it.

Rangers are merely trying to take advantage of the situation, they were never one for the moral high ground

Scottish football has always been a selling league, no matter the club.

If hearts need to be punished, I'm happy it is done. Unlike the rangers, who seem to think that they should be awarded the league title, no matter how much they cheat through life.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote