Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Oscar nominations 2022

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Oscar nominations 2022

Old 28-03-2022, 17:43   #46
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Oscar nominations 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I'll take your word for it and try and watch it this week. Probably Thursday. I am going to break my garden rule; the only animated stuff I have ever watched (and will watch) is Disney and Pixar. The two exceptions to that are the Clone Wars and Avatar: The Last Airbender. This experience is either going to reinforce and solidify that position or encourage me to be more flexible in the future.
Let me know what you think. If you like it you can add another studio to your exception list because Cartoon Saloon are really good.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2022, 20:25   #47
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If you like it you can add another studio to your exception list because Cartoon Saloon are really good.
tbh if I like it it won't be because of the animation. I can tell you from watching the trailer that I hate this style of animation and it is the reason why I have my Disney/Pixar only rule. If I like it it will be purely for the story and emotions evoked.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 00:07   #48
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I have no idea who won what, all the news Ive seen about it today is about Will Smith hitting someone.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 00:14   #49
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I would say for the first time ever, with the exception of directing, the right people won in each category. I am befuddled, bemused and flabergasted as to why Denis Villeneuve wasnt even nominated for directing. Dune is his baby and wouldnt be what it is (and received the awards in the other categories) if it wasnt for him.
Old 29-03-2022, 13:30   #50
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I would say for the first time ever, with the exception of directing, the right people won in each category. I am befuddled, bemused and flabergasted as to why Denis Villeneuve wasnt even nominated for directing. Dune is his baby and wouldnt be what it is (and received the awards in the other categories) if it wasnt for him.
It’s not unheard of, when the story is expected to be completed in a sequel, for them to reserve judgment until then. Peter Jackson, for example, only got the director gong for LotR:RotK, despite the fact that the three films, much more so than almost any other series, are really one project and in reality you can’t separate them in their achievements across multiple categories. He was nominated for Fellowship but didn’t even get a nod for Two Towers.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 13:44   #51
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yeah. I watched each of those ceremonies i can remember rotk sweeping the board. I was a long time coming and truly deserved.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:32   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Let me know what you think.
A lovely film and it definitely had that special feeling to it. The thing which took the edge off it for me though is the animation. It isn't bad but I just don't like that style of animation, it reminds me of early Disney stuff and things have moved on since then. The only reason to use it now is for arty farty sake and isn't my cup of tea. A another good example for Apple to have in their catalogue though.
Old 13-05-2022, 13:47   #53
General Maximus
Ran Away

Okay so here is an interesting one. If you didn't watch the Oscars there were two fan nominated awards, one for most memorable moment in film and another for best film. The winner for both left me genuinely speechless and confused, especially for most cheered moment because I can't even remember seeing it, that is how memorable it is. If you want a refresher here are the nominees:

You would have thought Avengers would have won by a mile. Not only is it simply better but also far more popular than DC in general and especially Justice League. It was too much of a coincidence that Zack Snyder films won both awards. Now we know why:

Quote:
Looks like the most controversial Oscar night in history just got a little more controversial. TheWrap has learned that the Academy’s “Fan Favorite” and “Cheer Moment” awards — the Twitter polls allowing regular folks at home to vote online in the weeks ahead of the March 27 ceremony for their own Best Picture choice as well as their favorite movie moment of all time — appear to have been rigged by automated online bot accounts backing the work of “Justice League” filmmaker Zack Snyder. Two reports from Tweetbinder, a hashtag analytics tracking tool, reveal that the most active contributors to both polls were autonomous web programs that cast thousands of fake votes for Snyder’s 2021 zombie heist film “Army of the Dead” (which ultimately won “Fan Favorite”) as well as the so-called “Snyder cut” of “Justice League,” the director’s re-edit of his 2017 DC Comics superhero flop (which won “Cheer Moment”).
https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63626335/
Old 13-05-2022, 15:08   #54
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Considering how many people campaigned to get the Snyder Cut made and released I am not surprised. It made a pretty awful film much more coherent and very very good.

Army of the Dead was a good watch.
Old 13-05-2022, 18:18   #55
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

That’s why you don’t do anything based on online Twitter polls
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote