Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2019, 14:45   #5836
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I know you didn't say it was confusing, Legendkiller - that comment was not aimed at you. I have heard that argument several times recently and thought I would give my thoughts on that while also answering your post.
Ah i see thanks for clarifying Old Boy
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2019, 09:56   #5837
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix and YouTube could be forced to produce more Australian content

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ralian-content
Old 29-07-2019, 10:03   #5838
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Netflix and YouTube could be forced to produce more Australian content

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ralian-content
Neighbours and Home and Away always spring to mind when l think of Australian TV although seriously if the content is good does it matter where it comes from.
Old 29-07-2019, 10:06   #5839
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Neighbours and Home and Away always spring to mind when l think of Australian TV although seriously if the content is good does it matter where it comes from.
To be fair Den it's a gripe of mine with Netflix , I'd like to see Netflix develop more UK content I do however understand they are a global player headquartered in the USA.
Old 29-07-2019, 10:17   #5840
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
To be fair Den it's a gripe of mine with Netflix , I'd like to see Netflix develop more UK content I do however understand they are a global player headquartered in the USA.
l think that is their intention MM in time with the Netflix’s Shepperton Studios Deal.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/net...on-1203272394/
Old 29-07-2019, 13:03   #5841
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I remember an Australkian show called round the twist used to be on bbc.

Alsp ps i had the price rise Email from Netflix today so despite one or two shouting prices rises weren't happening now erm they are (not aimed at anyone on here btw).
Old 29-07-2019, 14:36   #5842
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I remember an Australkian show called round the twist used to be on bbc.

Alsp ps i had the price rise Email from Netflix today so despite one or two shouting prices rises weren't happening now erm they are (not aimed at anyone on here btw).
Old 29-07-2019, 15:30   #5843
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
And now I've got that stuck in my head for the rest of the week, without my pants*

*disclaimer - old enough to remember the original episodes.
Old 29-07-2019, 15:36   #5844
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Thanks for that lol that theme is stuck in my head now
Old 29-07-2019, 16:00   #5845
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Old 30-07-2019, 13:19   #5846
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

From today you can get Sky Cinema on Nowtv for £4.99 this is only for one month though then it's back to £11.99 i find though if you cancel on the last day of the pass using "costs too much" you often get a offer of £4.99 a month for 4 months https://www.nowtv.com/pies
Old 01-08-2019, 13:14   #5847
denphone
Still alive and fighting

BBC iPlayer gets Ofcom green light to make shows available for a year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49191885

Quote:
The BBC's iPlayer now has permission to routinely keep shows available for a year rather than just 30 days, after Ofcom said it could expand its service.

Some shows will be available for even longer, the broadcasting watchdog said.

Ofcom said "the BBC's proposed changes to BBC iPlayer could deliver significant public value over time"
Old 01-08-2019, 13:39   #5848
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
BBC iPlayer gets Ofcom green light to make shows available for a year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49191885
Good news indeed. So, under the new arrangements, BBC programmes will remain on the i-Player for a year and then (presumably) transfer to Britbox. That should save on recording space, if we can rely on that.
Old 01-08-2019, 20:28   #5849
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Not sure if this is old news or breaking news.

My lad has had an email from Channel 4 wanting him to pay £3.99 amonth for an advert free All 4+ catch up service (with free 14 day trial)
Old 01-08-2019, 20:34   #5850
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you find the 4K UHD content on the amazon prime video app on the v6 box?
Closed Thread