Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:47   #2431
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Independent report on Tory austerity deaths:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...OkkVyODCREj_Vg
Quote:
the link to health and social care spending is speculative as observational studies of this type can never prove cause and effect."
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2019, 12:51   #2432
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Independent report on Tory austerity deaths:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...OkkVyODCREj_Vg
Didn't you notice my reply (post #2437) to the first time around you posted a link to that article.

EG
Quote:
Professor Martin Roland Emeritus Professor of Health Services Research, University of Cambridge said: “This study suggests that a change happened to cause deaths to stop declining around 2014."
So more cuts from 2013, led to fewer deaths.

Quote:
Local authority spending on adult social care in England fell 8% in real terms between 2009–10 and 2016–17, but was protected relative to spending on other local authority services.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 13:46   #2433
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Our daughter's DLA to PIP scenario just took a strange turn.

PIP refused at first assessment (December 2018)

PIP refused at Mandatory Reconsideration (May 2019)

Tribunal requested (21st May 2019)

Tribunal cancelled by the DWP (29th May 2019) Maximum points awarded by their Decision Maker, backdated to December 2018.

On reading the Award Letter, we saw that they had been overly generous with the points, giving her points for something that does not affect her often enough to warrant the award. So I sent them a letter highlighting this. It was signed-for on 6th June, but no response has been received.

Then today we have received a request from the Tribunal Service for a copy of her Mandatory Reconsideration in order for her Tribunal to go ahead. ? ? ? ?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 17:14   #2434
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Sounds like the DWP told you about the cax. But forgot to tell the tribunal. Maybe send the tribunal a copy of the cax. and award letters and see what happens?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 19:29   #2435
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sounds like the DWP told you about the cax. But forgot to tell the tribunal. Maybe send the tribunal a copy of the cax. and award letters and see what happens?
Cax?

The only way to contact the Tribunal is by phone. 0300 number, so I racked up a bill hanging on to their muzak this afternoon. No reply.

I'll just take the documentation to them next time I'm in town.
Old 08-11-2019, 19:32   #2436
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Does the DWP conceding, cancel the process? The appeal is brought by the claimant. Perhaps it's the claimant that then has to cancel it, pointing out the issues had been resolved.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Cax?

The only way to contact the Tribunal is by phone. 0300 number, so I racked up a bill hanging on to their muzak this afternoon. No reply.

They have email. You can even send documentation that way.
Old 08-11-2019, 19:48   #2437
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Cax?

Cancellation, when you’re typing in a hurry
Old 08-11-2019, 19:49   #2438
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Does the DWP conceding, cancel the process? The appeal is brought by the claimant. Perhaps it's the claimant that then has to cancel it, pointing out the issues had been resolved.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

They have email. You can even send documentation that way.
If the DWP has changed its mind and made the award there is nothing to appeal and the tribunal would be cancelled. Obviously an error has occured somewhere.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 20:04   #2439
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
If the DWP has changed its mind and made the award there is nothing to appeal and the tribunal would be cancelled. Obviously an error has occured somewhere.
As I said, once it has reached the independent appeal stage, it is the claimant that has to initiate any appeal. In that sense the claimant is in control. If you think of the more general situation with appellant and respondent, the respondent shouldn't be able to cancel anything without the explicit agreement of the appellant.

I had a similar situation where I had to query what would happen if the DWP conceded, as a different Tribunal had made a favourable decision just a few months before. The first-tier tribunal office didn't know the answer. In the end, on the day of the hearing the DWP sent a representative to concede, and the Tribunal had separately also agreed in my favour before the hearing started. The Decision Notice was on the table when I entered the room.

At the very least send in a copy of the DWP decision as evidence, and change to the tribunal being based on the papers rather than having to attend any hearing.

Last edited by nomadking; 08-11-2019 at 20:09.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:01   #2440
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Does the DWP conceding, cancel the process? The appeal is brought by the claimant. Perhaps it's the claimant that then has to cancel it, pointing out the issues had been resolved..
I believed that the process would end with the DWP conceding and then the DWP informing the Tribunal.

Quote:
They have email. You can even send documentation that way
I haven't been able to find an email address online or in any of their correspondence.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Quote:
At the very least send in a copy of the DWP decision as evidence, and change to the tribunal being based on the papers rather than having to attend any hearing.
I'll drop it off in person as they might also be able to help with the letter I sent to DWP about our concerns that the award was too generous.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:21   #2441
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I believed that the process would end with the DWP conceding and then the DWP informing the Tribunal.

I haven't been able to find an email address online or in any of their correspondence.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------
I'll drop it off in person as they might also be able to help with the letter I sent to DWP about our concerns that the award was too generous.
If it's the Cardiff office on Newport Rd, then the link below has all the contact details, including email and Fax.
Link

Link to find other Tribunal contact details
Old 09-11-2019, 14:58   #2442
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If it's the Cardiff office on Newport Rd, then the link below has all the contact details, including email and Fax.
Link
Cheers!
Old 12-11-2019, 12:21   #2443
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Our daughter's DLA to PIP scenario just took a strange turn.

PIP refused at first assessment (December 2018)

PIP refused at Mandatory Reconsideration (May 2019)

Tribunal requested (21st May 2019)

Tribunal cancelled by the DWP (29th May 2019) Maximum points awarded by their Decision Maker, backdated to December 2018.

On reading the Award Letter, we saw that they had been overly generous with the points, giving her points for something that does not affect her often enough to warrant the award. So I sent them a letter highlighting this. It was signed-for on 6th June, but no response has been received.

Then today we have received a request from the Tribunal Service for a copy of her Mandatory Reconsideration in order for her Tribunal to go ahead. ? ? ? ?
I dropped in and gave them the docs to copy. The guy who dealt with it said the DWP have often failed to send a form to them when a case is resolved by both claimant and DWP. Their giving maximum points was a ploy to ensure the case could not be contested further.

But I showed him a copy of the letter we sent stating that they had been over-generous. He suggested I should keep proof of them receiving that letter (Post Office Signed-for) in case they ever decided to claim over-payment. The Tribunals deal with that scenario a lot.

When I got home, my daughter said that someone from that office had called asking for a "reference number". She did not understand what that meant, so I hope they'll call again. I suspect they want the P.O. receipt number, to put on her records in case the DWP decides to play silly buggers.
Old 12-11-2019, 13:09   #2444
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

What an absolute minefield. You must have to approach this like some military strategist to stay on top of it all.
Old 12-11-2019, 14:51   #2445
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What an absolute minefield. You must have to approach this like some military strategist to stay on top of it all.
That just about sums it up in a nutshell.