Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 24-07-2015, 15:55   #1741
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'm sure their decision has nothing whatsoever to do with continuing a life on benefits and a convenient reason for not working. Possibly they're just supplementing their meagre state income and paying any tax due of course...

Not a million miles from here we have a couple of large families in a HA owned development. I've lost count of how many kids they have between them but none of those who've left school appear to be working and most of them seem to have already followed their parents' example and wasted no time producing their own offspring. Given that they struggle to look after themselves their only ambition, if you can call it that, appears to be having kids to get benefits and ultimately more social housing. I wonder what their children will aspire to...
One woman locally married a Turk and had a child with him, she boasted about the money she received and that his business was in her name. Now that the child is in school I get the impression she wants another.... she has been told me and another guy in the pub that she doesn't like to use certain types of contraception, I get the impression she is trying to trick someone into giving her her next meal ticket.

Another young one with 2 kids had been talking about having a third with her current boyfriend, within the past few weeks she appears to have gone a bit quiet on the issue.
Old 24-07-2015, 15:56   #1742
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
Why not just leave them to get on with their lives and we get on with ours?
In many ways because these are the type of economic leeches that give people with real reasons for support a bad name. And because I often see their offspring develop into forms of life that plague our society.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 16:00   #1743
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Quote:
Why not just leave them to get on with their lives and we get on with ours?
I agree with you, let them get on with their lives and pay their own way like those that work. Benefits should only be for the period of helping those that have become unemployed whilst they are making a serious effort to find work, or for those that are unfortunate enough to have a real illness that means they are unable to work.

If the person is healthy and is not making the effort to find work, by all means leave them to get on with their lives but without the benefit money.
Old 24-07-2015, 16:32   #1744
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

But there will always be people like that, no matter what. So wouldn't it be better to forget about them and concentrate on your own life?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 16:44   #1745
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

The thing is though. we used to just live and let live. take no notice of what everyone was doing. whether they're working or not. where or how they've got their money from. who they're seeing or what they had for breakfast today.

but now we're really nosey and wanting to know all the gossip on anyone and everyone.
but mainly we want to know how the unemployed people are doing because we've heard that they're all loaded.

truthfully. do we really give a fig if the woman next door gets a job at Tescos now?
are we happy for her?
are we going to be pleasant to her now. or are will still going to be grumpy and question her lifestyle still?

I call it a 'Big Social Experiment'
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 16:56   #1746
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
In many ways because these are the type of economic leeches that give people with real reasons for support a bad name. And because I often see their offspring develop into forms of life that plague our society.

Their lives are not only dedicated to sponging off others but perpetuating the 'something for nothing' culture that has been handed down to them. If we want to make society better and fairer we need to challenge those who cynically abuse the system and make life harder for the genuinely needy. Turning a blind eye to this sort of nonsense is what has got us into this mess and created another generation of lazy spongers who don't see any reason to better themselves.

Society should protect the needy/vulnerable not reward the feckless.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 17:42   #1747
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Are these feckless leeches committing benefit fraud?

Old 24-07-2015, 18:11   #1748
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
But there will always be people like that, no matter what. So wouldn't it be better to forget about them and concentrate on your own life?

They don't have the ability to do that ... The word ' mundane ' exists in their own reality too much to be able to concentrate on doing what you suggest
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 18:14   #1749
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
LOL claiming what the law says is rightfully theirs. and encouraged by government departments to claim what if any, and all benefits that they're entitled to.
Old 24-07-2015, 18:26   #1750
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'll forget about them when I stop paying for them.
Old 24-07-2015, 18:43   #1751
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I'll forget about them when I stop paying for them.
That'll probably be when you stop paying taxes or when you're dead. If they're claiming what they are rightfully entitled to, what's the problem? And if they are claiming benefits that they shouldn't be entitled to, then do something about it.

Old 24-07-2015, 18:48   #1752
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Some of them very definitely are which is why they get taken to court, found guilty, fined and/or imprisoned. Those who cynically exploit the rules to their own advantage and have kids purely as a route to additional benefits, housing etc. are almost as bad.

Doing what you suggest and letting them get on with it doesn't achieve anything but simply gives them the green light to carry on. Doing something about benefit abuse is why so many people (including non Tory supporters) voted for a government which is at least trying to tackle the problem.
Old 24-07-2015, 19:04   #1753
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Do you think that removing benefits will stop them having kids?

Old 24-07-2015, 19:12   #1754
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not really.

but it will subconciously encourage society to hate her baby.

even before it's grown up and learned swear words
Old 24-07-2015, 19:13   #1755
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Removing incentives usually has a deterrent effect and vice versa.