Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 17-03-2009, 10:08   #31
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman328 View Post
Is it me or are there no pics ?
I'm afraid something went wrong when we did a server move over the weekend. Attached photos on old posts have been lost.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2009, 18:57   #32
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

The pics seem to be working fine for me.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 19:02   #33
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

What about the ones in your OP?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 19:19   #34
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Ah yes, the old ones seem to have gone. Oh well.

Anyone else been to Filton to see Concorde at all ?

Nice pic of the A380 BlackThorn.

Old 17-03-2009, 19:24   #35
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

A link for the anoraks like me

http://www.airliners.net/search/index.main
Old 17-03-2009, 19:34   #36
Halcyon
Hello !

Hom3r...I use that site quite a lot. Some great pics out there.
A few more too:

http://jetphotos.net/

http://www.planepictures.net/

Old 19-03-2009, 07:31   #37
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
Luckily I only a few miles from Airbus at Broughton and I have family who work there. I got invited to the do when the A380 paid its visit to the factory who make the wings for it.
The beluga flys over my house twice a day.

I was waching a programme about that beluga plane last night on Discovery, the anount of stuff they can load onto it was amazing.

---------- Post added at 06:31 ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Thought I'd share with you a few photos from my trip to Filton on Saturday.
It's nice to see a Concorde outside. Soon it is going to be housed in a new hanger.
If only she could fly again..... Alas, it will never happen.
Seen that take off once when I was at Heathrow dropping some people off, talk about goose bumps, the roar of the engines made you want to hide under the car. It was one hell of an aircraft and IMO should still be flying today.
Old 19-03-2009, 09:51   #38
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I used to live within 2 mins walk of the northern perimeter and used to quite a lot sit near Hatton Cross watching Concorde take off in the dusk on 09R...Used to like this time the best especially in the darker months as you could then see the afterburners light up the sky
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 12:48   #39
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

Am I weird (ok, you don't actually have to answer that question) - I have quite a bad fear of flying, but I like being at airports, like looking at the planes frequently flying nearby, and like looking out of the window when I'm up in the air...
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 18:53   #40
Halcyon
Hello !

Not weird at all. I think the idea that we can get aircracft weighing huge tonnes of weight into the sky and see them fly like a bird is simply amazing and I find it facinating.

Old 20-03-2009, 20:34   #41
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

These links are very scary (Sabena Sabotage)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...=Google+Search
Old 23-03-2009, 18:52   #42
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

You get a decent view from my back garden when 27 is operating at Liverpool. Usually boring stuff like these I took this afternoon but you do get the occasional unusual visitor especially when the footie charters come in for the Champions League games.

ezec.jpg ei-dcw.jpg
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 19:02   #43
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

I'm not really into planes, but I went Gibraltar last year and thought the runway was amazing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0808070002.JPG (189.1 KB, 20 views)
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 19:12   #44
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

A work we've be studying the FedEx crash in Tokyo, Thank God It wasn't a passenger Jet.
Old 31-03-2009, 20:32   #45
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Air Force One just popped over with "BREWR84" (E4-B airborne command post) in tow.

Caught it on the Radarbox

af1.JPG
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote