Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2021, 18:11   #121
RV95
cf.member

RV95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Any reason why you think that it's possible that an announcement will be made in February?
I'd seen on the TV360 Forum on the VM Community before X'mas, BlueLou said that we should hear about this "coming soon but not before x'mas". My thinking was that December and January gives them some time to familiarise and get to grips with the move to TV360 with new and existing customers and with COVID and the lockdown around end of Dec and into Jan, I think that would have pushed it back as I'm sure they would have preferred to launch both TV360 and UHD together.
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2021, 18:23   #122
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Oh I see. I read that last month on the Virgin Community Forum.
I hope you are right...fingers crossed!
Old 20-01-2021, 21:17   #123
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I noticed on DigitalBitrate that a 3rd Virgin TV UHD service is now on C068. I know there was 2 for a while, one for 999 and one for 228

Might be something of nothing but again might be something

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en
Old 20-01-2021, 21:37   #124
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I noticed on DigitalBitrate that a 3rd Virgin TV UHD service is now on C068. I know there was 2 for a while, one for 999 and one for 228

Might be something of nothing but again might be something

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en
It may be Eurosport is doing UHD for Australian Open. Their test streams usually appear a few weeks before they are required. I don't recall them doing UHD for the Australian before, but they've done it at least twice for the French Open.

It might not be the Sky UHD many are expecting is my point.
Old 22-01-2021, 15:22   #125
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

VM EPG updated:

801) Star Gold HD > Utsav Gold HD
802) Star Bharat > Utsav Bharat
803) Star Plus HD > Utsav Plus HD
Old 22-01-2021, 17:22   #126
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
VM EPG updated:

Thanks.

Utsav means Celebration according to what I read.
Old 28-01-2021, 15:23   #127
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
VM EPG updated:

Ofcom says Disneys other UK Channels (FOX and Baby TV) do not have an broadcast TV license.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-01-2021, 23:21   #128
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Ofcom says Disneys other UK Channels (FOX and Baby TV) do not have an broadcast TV license.
It seems Disney are set to hoard all their content to prepare for Disney+’s expansion next month. National Geographic could soon be the last one standing!
Old 29-01-2021, 12:18   #129
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Subscribers are being given free access to Cartoon Network, Cartoonio, Boomerang, Nickelodeon, NickToons, Nick Jr, and Nick Jr Too for February according to ISPreview

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...els-again.html
Old 29-01-2021, 12:50   #130
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Subscribers are being given free access to Cartoon Network, Cartoonio, Boomerang, Nickelodeon, NickToons, Nick Jr, and Nick Jr Too for February according to ISPreview

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...els-again.html
Yes here is the original article on Virgin Media's website:

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...ids-programmes
Old 29-01-2021, 22:55   #131
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Maybe VM should learn to stop penny pinching and actually bid decent ammounts?
Just because LG have major shares in something it doesn't mean VM will automatically get it, money talks.
You could flip it and say "why won't VM allow anyone else to use their fibre network?"
I agree with you on this, stop penny-pinching and get the special deals to be competitive again....
Old 30-01-2021, 13:29   #132
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
You could flip it and say "why won't VM allow anyone else to use their fibre network?"
Even if Virgin were to allow access to their network, other providers would not be able to set up competing services in the same cable areas as Virgin due to the cable franchising system OFCOM still has in place. They could of course compete for the separate franchises, but services have been running for many years now without anyone being interested. I think we are as likely to see new cable operators as we are to see new ITV companies competing for parts of the ITV network.
Old 30-01-2021, 17:11   #133
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Do you have a link for this?
Old 01-02-2021, 19:00   #134
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

I notice on DigitalBitRate a new tier for MTV Play which was announced a while back but looks like its arrival is imminent

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
Old 02-02-2021, 02:43   #135
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I was changing over to a channel as I wanted to watch it from on demand it said I can watch from Food Network HD on Demand so think its another channel going HD soon
Closed Thread