Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bitcoin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Bitcoin

Old 16-07-2019, 19:43   #1
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Bitcoin

Hello everyone,

Long time no post so to speak. I wanted to ask if anyone uses bitcoin to make money and has it been successful for you? I'm really considering it but wanted some opinions and advice first

Thank you 🙂
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2019, 21:22   #2
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Bitcoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Hello everyone,

Long time no post so to speak. I wanted to ask if anyone uses bitcoin to make money and has it been successful for you? I'm really considering it but wanted some opinions and advice first

Thank you 🙂
Regularly used by criminals to launder money gained via blackmailing people. Until this can be stopped, the whole system should be suspended. Without a clear audit trail, which you get with mainstream payment systems, it will be used by malware criminals. Stop the ability to be paid and it will reduce the malware.

Other reason to control it is the amount of energy consumed:

Bitcoin's energy consumption 'equals that of Switzerland'

Cryptocurrency will have a future but this is not the one we should run with ...
Old 16-07-2019, 21:23   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Bitcoin is purely speculation. I.E Gambling. You make money by buying it, hoping it goes up in price, and then selling it. However unlike shares there is little underlying value in a bitcoin, it's ability to rise in price is purely down to how many other people thinking it's going to go up. That's what happened a year and a bit ago when it started gaining, people got on board and thus it gained more and then it spiked. It soon came crashing down again.

No one here can tell you if it's going to go or down in future. However unlike the stock market there is little reason to suspect it's going to go up over time.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 00:14   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I've spent 500 euros but i got stuck in the crash January last year and the coins i bought, Litecoin, Etherium and XRP haven't recovered, so i have lost 400 euros so far.

Even though bitcoin is rising again because i am currently negative i am not buying anymore.

I got into it at the end of the good period and i made 2 small test purchases and they made a 7% profit in a week each so that is when i tried a little bigger! Didn't work out for me, not too worried but i am hoping it does go up again but it is (today currently on a downer).

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

There is a story that the first ever purchase of something with bitcoin was for 2 pizzas back in 2010, the coins spent on those pizzas would have been worth £80 million at todays rates!!!!

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

This is a good site to see whats happening with the coins, currently mostly RED, within 24hrs it'll turn green....then red again etc.

https://coinmarketcap.com
Old 17-07-2019, 08:39   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Don’t put in any money you can’t afford to lose - it’s more of a gamble than an investment.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 15:05   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you 🙂
Unless you have money you can afford to throw away, dont bother.

Its basically just a form of betting.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 15:46   #7
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Surprise no one objects to the blatant criminal money laundering ..
Old 17-07-2019, 17:19   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

The days of a small investment into bitcoin (whatever flavour) to make a handsome profit have gone.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 16:12   #9
JamesTheBest

Many more businesses outside the online retail space are accepting bitcoin. Criminal money laundering through BTC is a stupid idea. Because it leaves a permanent trail and everyone can see it. regulations linked to accepting bitcoin - bitcoin has a regulation problem, but the government works on it.