Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2021, 21:09   #8431
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Amazon gaining more subscribers as we go into lockdown? Colour me surprised.
Indeed. I'd like to see figures for for cancellations after the autumn rugby, for one. I know they're going to be unlikely to stumble over. I certainly found the Prime cancellation process hard to come across - Doctor Google was far more help than Amazon's own sight. Again - hardly a surprise.

The effect of the latest round of price rise announcements will be interesting, too..
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2021, 21:46   #8432
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Most definitely l would say.
If it’s not now, it will be soon.
Old 23-01-2021, 21:18   #8433
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Sky had been lagging behind VM in the 'all in one place' offering for some time, but it's really going for it now as promoted here:

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-q/apps

Quote:
Apps on Sky Q
All in one place, easy

Everything’s so much easier when it’s side by side. Netflix, Disney+, YouTube, Spotify, BBC iPlayer, Prime Video. All in one place. And tell your remote what you’re looking for to get to them faster.
VM need to make sure they don't fall behind. It's the big ones like Disney+ and Spotify that are the most obvious omissions.
Old 23-01-2021, 22:08   #8434
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Sky had been lagging behind VM in the 'all in one place' offering for some time, but it's really going for it now as promoted here:

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-q/apps

VM need to make sure they don't fall behind. It's the big ones like Disney+ and Spotify that are the most obvious omissions.
VM used to have Spotify. I was under the impression it disappeared as the original Tivo couldn't cope with advances in the app, not meeting the requirements, and the V6 wasn't around then to my recollection.

I can't get it on my Roku for the same reason, though it's available on newer models.
Old 23-01-2021, 23:43   #8435
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
VM used to have Spotify. I was under the impression it disappeared as the original Tivo couldn't cope with advances in the app, not meeting the requirements, and the V6 wasn't around then to my recollection.

I can't get it on my Roku for the same reason, though it's available on newer models.
My understanding is that Spotify stopped on all version of TiVo

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ong.../idi-p/1721389
Old 24-01-2021, 00:16   #8436
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Back in the day i remember a movie service on VM it was vod cost £5p/m if i remember right can't remember the name of it though, it had around 28 movies on each month.
Old 24-01-2021, 01:07   #8437
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

Ah. Thanks BenMcr.

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Back in the day i remember a movie service on VM it was vod cost £5p/m if i remember right can't remember the name of it though, it had around 28 movies on each month.
Was it someone like Curzon? Universal rings a bell too.
Old 24-01-2021, 03:12   #8438
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Picture Box maybe?
Old 24-01-2021, 03:43   #8439
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Picture Box maybe?
That's the one.
Old 24-01-2021, 09:08   #8440
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

Maybe now with the launch of Virgin TV 360 it's a perfect opportunity to get Spotify back on VM.
Old 24-01-2021, 10:07   #8441
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Picture Box https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PictureBox_Films
Old 24-01-2021, 20:05   #8442
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky UK boosts original content as it takes on streaming rivals

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...reaming-rivals
Old 24-01-2021, 20:19   #8443
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

l cannot remember for the life of me who it was that said the day of reckoning was coming for Sky.
Old 24-01-2021, 20:37   #8444
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

As long as Sky embraces streaming services, this company is going nowhere. The future for Sky TV channels is, well, let’s say, debatable, but the Sky service should have a decent future, probably through IPTV rather than satellites ultimately.

I think Comcast should keep them focussed on the right preparations for the future, before events start to dictate. Their belated decision to offer Prime and being the first to offer Disney + and Discovery+ are very good signs.

It’s VM that is being left behind at the moment.
Old 24-01-2021, 20:48   #8445
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

30 original films in one year is quite a number - and one probably borne out of necessity once theatrical exhibition cratered (And I expect a few of those titles to have been once earmarked for theatrical like Blithe Spirit) but it’s probably the right direction to go in - and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them lean on more British product much like Sky Italia do with local language films.
Closed Thread