Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii U

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Wii U

Old 08-06-2011, 15:03   #16
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Wii U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Doesn't matter if they eventually get outdone in terms of graphics by Microsoft and Sony. The graphics will be good enough which is all that really matters. Nintendo's strong point is the quality and sheer fun of their games and that's the strength they cater for when they make their consoles.

The Kinect hasn't really worked so far and Microsoft's E3 showing was poor. The Kinect seemed to be shoehorned into existing popular games as a side feature, nothing core to the game just a little gimmick tacked on. In Mass Effect 3 you can speak the line of dialogue rather than select it? Not only is that a nothing feature it's one that won't be used.

It remains to be seen how good the Wii U is but it looks like it will again offer something different and fun. It would be foolish to dismiss it as people dismissed the DS and the Wii initially. Nintendo know how to make fun games and fun consoles.
The problem for the Kinect (and the PS Move) is that it's an add-on to the console. Companies may be slightly cautious about supporting it because supporting it probably adds significant cost to the development of the game, and they don't' know if it's going to draw a large enough number of customers into buying their game to justify the expense of developing it.

The Wii (and Wii U) have had the advantage that they have had motion sensitive controllers from the start, so the developers know that every user will have a Wiimote and/or one of these new HD controllers, so they will be more willing to develop for them.

Of course, you can bet that if this new controller becomes a big hit, that MS and Sony will be looking at including something similar with their next gen consoles.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2011, 18:22   #17
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Been reading that the Wii U should not be more that £200 upon launch and the conversion of US prices estimated for it suggests as low as £153. I'll guess we will be looking about the £199.99rrp but offers on launch will bring it down to £184.99?.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 21:01   #18
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

"Nintendo Used 360, PS3 & PC Game Footage In Its Wii U Demo Reel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku
This morning, Nintendo showed off a highlight reel of third-party games supposedly running on its new Wii U console. They looked great. Turns out that footage wasn't running on anything of the sort.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has told GameTrailers that the footage—of games like Ghost Recon and Darksiders II—was instead culled from the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the games.

He says the reason for this is that Nintendo is still "a year away from when the console will launch".

You can catch the full interview in the clip above.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 21:23   #19
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Maybe they couldn't find any publishers willing to show anything. Can't think why they wouldn't be though.

It's not as if there wouldn't be games available already. Even though it's a year away, it's likely that the launch games will be at least playable.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 18:30   #20
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Here is the trailer for the games that will be at the launch?

http://videogames.virginmedia.com/wi...p_trailer.html

Some more here?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...-revealed.html
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 19:33   #21
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'm not at all interested in the Wii U.

The only time I touch my Wii is to dust it.

I wasn't fussed by any of the games shown at E3, apart from Mass Effect 3 and Batman... which I already have on my Xbox 360.

This may be the first generation when I don't bother with Nintendo.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 15:56   #22
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Nintendo Direct @ E3 starts at 3pm

www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 16:00   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I bought a Wii U a few weeks ago as I managed to get the ZombiU bundle for £249.

Its a cracking wee console. ZombiU is great fun and decent graphics, of course Super Mario U is a brill and classic Mario side scrolling.

Lego City Undercover is also a lot of fun to play and Legos answer to GTA but of course you play the part of a Police Officer.
Old 11-06-2013, 18:29   #24
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

I've had it from launch but didn't get the ZombiU bundle cause I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I like Super Mario Bros U though and Nintendo Land is great for messing with the Game Pad ability. Definitely looking forward to the planned releases shown on the stream

Super Mario 3D World - December
Mario Kart 8 - Spring 2014
Wii Party U - Later this year
Wii Fit U - Winter 2013
Art Academy - in development - version for Miiverse coming to eShop later this year
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD - October
The Wonderful 101 - August
Donkey Cong Country: Tropical Freeze - Later this year
Bayonetta 2 - 2014
X - 2014
Super Smash Bros - 2014

That's not the complete list because the ones for other developers went too quickly to note them down oops

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

They've put all the trailers and stuff on the eShop now so I got all the other publisher titles noted down

Assassins Creed IV - October 31st
Batman Arkham Origins - October 25th
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 2013
Disney Infinity - August
Just Dance 2014 - October 1st
Rayman Legends - August 29th
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - Unknown
Disney's Planes - Aug-Nov
Skylanders Swap Force - October 18th
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - August 22nd
Sonic Lost World - 2013
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote