Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2018, 13:04   #5131
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Under the Maastricht Treaty, signed in 1992 by the UK, yes, you are - under this treaty, European citizenship was created, allowing citizens to reside in and move freely between Member States.

you may not want to be a EU Citizen, but legally, you are.
Screw the corrupted Maastricht treaty in which NOONE had a say on thanks to John Major!!!

So no, I will not tell you again - I am not a EU citizen and I will not accept no-one else telling me I am so cease doing so because it is bloody pointless. If I say I am not an EU citizen, I am not- I am a British and nothing else-end of discussion!
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2018, 13:05   #5132
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Under the Maastricht Treaty, signed in 1992 by the UK, yes, you are - under this treaty, European citizenship was created, allowing citizens to reside in and move freely between Member States.

you may not want to be a EU Citizen, but legally, you are.

So when you fill a legal form out that asks nationality you put European then?
Old 16-12-2018, 13:16   #5133
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
English or British depending on the moment.
When people ask you which continent you live on, which one do you tell them?
Old 16-12-2018, 13:18   #5134
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I’m gonna put European even after we’ve left. Just to be difficult
Old 16-12-2018, 13:19   #5135
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Absolutely not - you're first and *ONLY* nationality is the Country you originate from, that is Britain.

As it stands from 29th March 2019, while UK Citizens can relish and celebrate leaving a totally corrupted EU, like me, they can choose to revoke their EU Citizenship, I already have, there is not one piece of paper in my possession that says I am an EU National-this is total bliss.
Old 16-12-2018, 13:19   #5136
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
British Empire.
Old 16-12-2018, 13:20   #5137
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I’m gonna put European even after we’ve left. Just to be difficult
Then you will have to refill the form again then, it's your time you're wasting, so fill your boots.
Old 16-12-2018, 13:39   #5138
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Theresa May has denied many things before and then gone on to do exactly what she denied. We may not instantly recall her denying that she would not hold an election but the memory of her saying that the vote on her deal would not be postponed is still fresh.
I think Brexiters need to accept the hard facts that there is a possibility of a second referendum...and also that they may not win it. I don't want another referendum to happen but I believe the chances of it happening are steadily growing as shown by recent developments.
Regarding a 2nd. Referendum:

It would only happen in limited circumstances.

1. TM goes turncoat. Unlikely as it can’t be forced by any constitutional method other than primary legislation.

2. A new government takes over and makes the necessary primary legislation.

Let’s analyse #2. It is possible that the Tories would lose a vote of confidence with TM as PM. In that case the Tories would have 21 days to find a new leader. If a Leaver, would win a vote of confidence; if a Remainer, then anything could happen at the whim of Labour, the DUP and the ERG. If a ‘leaving’ PM, then there will be no 2nd referendum. If a ‘remain’ PM then a 2nd referendum is likely because there would be time to introduce the legislation.

If there is a ‘leave’ Tory PM, there would still be parliamentary chaos if the Remain Tories stiff their party. Another confidence vote round might then ensue and so on until a coalition government emerges. By then it’ll be too late to stop Brexit via the Referendum route due to the time it takes to get it organised.

So it seems to me that we are in no deal territory save for a last minute change of attitude by the EU.

55:45 and nine of this chaos would have happened.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Quote:
What’s that got to do with anything that matters? Road to nowhere this sub-topic.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 16-12-2018, 14:01   #5139
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

TM doesn’t have to go turncoat. She puts her deal to the public in a referendum over no deal. Parliament amends the referendum legislation to include remain.

Last edited by jfman; 16-12-2018 at 14:19.
Old 16-12-2018, 14:20   #5140
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

So should I put Eartling on?

I will never put European on any paperwork.
Old 16-12-2018, 14:27   #5141
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
So should I put Eartling on?

I will never put European on any paperwork.
I don't put "human" on any paperwork, but doesn't mean I'm not*..

*opinions may differ on this...

I am a European Citizen, under law, in addition to being a British Citizen.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 16-12-2018, 14:30   #5142
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
She puts her deal to the public in a referendum over no deal
Old 16-12-2018, 14:35   #5143
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post
You keep posting that offensive emoji, despite being asked not to, yet can’t explain why Theresa May wouldn’t back her deal in a referendum. She genuinely believes it’s the best deal... why not test the theory out?

400 Parliamentarians who want remain couldn’t ignore a referendum that clearly backs her deal. If she wants her deal after losing the vote it’s the only option she has left. Why wouldn’t she use it?
Old 16-12-2018, 14:41   #5144
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You keep posting that offensive emoji, despite being asked not to, yet can’t explain why
Don't blame the guy, the emoji suits him !

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Quote:
I don't put "human" on any paperwork, but doesn't mean I'm not*..

*opinions may differ on this...

I am a European Citizen, under law, in addition to being a British Citizen.
Yes, European even if we leave the EU, you can't change geography as much as some would love us to join onto the United States. Now isn't that a lovely united country !
Old 16-12-2018, 14:43   #5145
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
TM doesn’t have to go turncoat. She puts her deal to the public in a referendum over no deal. Parliament amends the referendum legislation to include remain.
If I understand you correctly, if she allows a referendum, she has gone turncoat on her oft repeated statements that there is to be no such thing.

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread