Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

Old 09-01-2020, 21:18   #31
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
So when hasn't she been attention seeking and all too ready to trash anybody that gets in her way? Even now, her sole motivation is to use his name and money to attract attention and be seen as super-woke. So much for being independent and not wanting press attention.
You’re the one stating this calumny - feel free to give recent examples...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2020, 21:22   #32
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

As long as they’re not gleaming subsistence from the civil list, I don’t care what they do.

Personally, unfortunately, I don’t see a bright future for these two.
Old 09-01-2020, 21:32   #33
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You’re the one stating this calumny - feel free to give recent examples...
To begin with, the mere fact they're(ie she) not planning on retiring into obscurity. If they were, then fair enough, but she's still planning to use his names and titles. She is the one that was desperate for a Hollywood career.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:53   #34
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Reminds me of the Beckhams . .

He shouldn't be allowed out without adult supervision, she's a control freak with delusions of importance.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 13:13   #35
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
To begin with, the mere fact they're(ie she) not planning on retiring into obscurity. If they were, then fair enough, but she's still planning to use his names and titles. She is the one that was desperate for a Hollywood career.
Proof?

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Your interpretation says more about you than it does about them...

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

Quote:
So when hasn't she been attention seeking and all too ready to trash anybody that gets in her way? Even now, her sole motivation is to use his name and money to attract attention and be seen as super-woke. So much for being independent and not wanting press attention.
Proof?

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

Quote:
Precisely. They (or rather she) are still going to actively seek publicity, which means the media will inevitably still be involved. She is still going to play off his name and titles. Just all goes to further demonstrate she's just a self-centred, attention seeking, nasty piece of woke.
Proof?
Old 10-01-2020, 13:28   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post

He shouldn't be allowed out without adult supervision, she's a control freak with delusions of importance.
l wonder how you would feel if you lost your mother at the age of 12...

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post

Any proof of that? apart from what the British tabloid press write with their poisonous pens.
Old 10-01-2020, 13:32   #37
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
It was revealed in December the couple had made an application to trademark their Sussex Royal brand across a string of items including books, calendars, clothing, charitable fundraising, education and social care services.

Quote:
In June the pair trademarked the Royal Sussex brand, applying it to dozens of items and services from pencil cases to sport activities and education training.
As one of the most famous couples in the world, their brand has the potential to be highly lucrative. Their joint Instagram account @sussexroyal has more than 10 million followers, while Meghan was the most Googled person in the UK in 2018.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 16:05   #38
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
... while Meghan was the most Googled person in the UK in 2018.
Because no one had a clue who she was ....

The fact they think they are "Senior Royals" tells you how self important they [think] they are.

I really dont give a toss what they do, and neither I suspect do a lot of people.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 16:35   #39
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

The fact they think they are "Senior Royals" tells you how self important they [think] they are.

I really dont give a toss what they do, and neither I suspect do a lot of people.
They are senior Royals though. Prince Harry might not be in line to the throne but he is still the Grandson of the Queen, the son of the future King and the brother to the King after that.

Which is why he can't detangle himself from the Royals so easily. There will always be security and PR concerns for whatever it is he does next. I also think there is a problem if he trades on this Royalty in future work, if they seek to become mega celebrities and trade on their connection to the British Monarchy. I am not saying they will but that'll be the concern. The Civil List is nothing really and coming off it to 'become financially independent' is a bit of a cop-out if they're going to start making far more money by being Royalty in America.

It does raise the question of what we are doing to these people though. Trapping them in a role defined for them from birth that they cannot easily extract themselves from.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 16:36   #40
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

They are senior royals. The term has meaning in terms of the level of official work they do, but is derived from how close to the line of succession they are.

If they simply “step back” from the level of official work Harry has done in the past they are still senior royals because Harry will be the king’s son, and eventually the king’s brother. The reason this is all so officially shocking is that H&M have tried to circumvent this by starting that they plan to “step back” from being senior royals, not just from the official work of senior royals. Harry has come pretty close to renouncing his titles and claims.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 18:29   #41
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Chris:
Harry has come pretty close to renouncing his titles and claims.
Well we live in Sussex and as far as we're concerned he's not our Duke.
Old 10-01-2020, 20:08   #42
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Well we live in Sussex and as far as we're concerned he's not our Duke.
I’m passing-acquainted with my local (not royal, but hereditary) duke and I don’t consider him “mine” either ... neither does he consider himself ours. He gets a “your grace” when the local flower show opens but that’s just the tradition. On the years when he does the formal opening and gets a tub of chocolates as a thank-you he wanders round sharing them out afterwards.

The nobility is to all practical intent a relic in this country. With the single exception of the monarch and immediate family I don’t think anyone with a hereditary or life peerage would expect any formal recognition in any but the most formal of ceremonial circumstances.
Old 10-01-2020, 20:34   #43
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

What really pisses me off is them using our county name to promote all the crap products that they'll pass off across the planet.
Old 10-01-2020, 21:23   #44
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
What really pisses me off is them using our county name to promote all the crap products that they'll pass off across the planet.
You've been reading too many tabloids old chap. They, and the Royal Family are a big yawn. This 'story' dominating the headlines for days demonstrates all that's wrong with this country, we've got our priorities all wrong. Don't blame them tbh, I'm tempted by Canada. The UK is going backwards.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 22:00   #45
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You've been reading too many tabloids old chap. They, and the Royal Family are a big yawn. This 'story' dominating the headlines for days demonstrates all that's wrong with this country, we've got our priorities all wrong. Don't blame them tbh, I'm tempted by Canada. The UK is going backwards.
But but but Canada’s not in the EU, and I thought a Canada style free trade agreement was a really bad thing?

And chlorinated chicken.