Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 21-03-2013, 21:02   #6286
tizmeinnit

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I often think of what it must have been like in days past. When our house was built, 1919, the only heating was open fires and the sash windows must have been so draughty, unimaginabley cold. Then even more about your ancient Brit in a stone or wood hovel and only skins or crude clothes, no decent shoes and a smokey open fire. Miserable.

We have a lot to be grateful for with our modern lifestyle despite the bills to pay for it.
you toughen up to it. In days gone by if the room was cold you put a jumper on if it was still cold you say in your coat. Central heating makes you soft . You can survive perfectly well in the most part at 10% but I bet a lot of you are up at 20.I got my heating on 15 degrees and I have had to take my hoodie off and im sat in a tshirt
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2013, 21:12   #6287
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
I'm sitting here in the comfort of my own home mucking about on my lappy, outside the wind is howling and the rain is lashing against the window. What must it be like to be homeless on a night like this? I've got a lot to be thankful for.
Indeed we do have a lot to be thankful for Tinky and some of us just don't realise it as my sister works for the Salvation Army in London and she has seen a big increase in people out on the streets homeless in the past few years and although they do their best they cannot help everyone given the finances they have at their disposal.
Old 21-03-2013, 21:18   #6288
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Actually you might be surprised but we have no central heating though the sashes are secondary glazed and I am wearing a rather fetching jumper over a t-shirt and sweat shirt as is the OH.

Too many people are too soft these days.
lol agreed
Old 21-03-2013, 22:31   #6289
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Saw the consultant today, op booked for April 17th. Because of the diabetes, a normal one day procedure will see me stay for one or two nights. Hospital I'm going to give you your own room, a TV, WiFi access and meals.

Got to go for a pre admission appointment, where they will swab me for MRSA and the like and to meet the surgical team.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 22:38   #6290
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Saw the consultant today, op booked for April 17th. Because of the diabetes, a normal one day procedure will see me stay for one or two nights. Hospital I'm going to give you your own room, a TV, WiFi access and meals.

Got to go for a pre admission appointment, where they will swab me for MRSA and the like and to meet the surgical team.
I would not want to meet them. What if you take an instant disliking to one or more of them. No way would I want to go through it then lol
Old 21-03-2013, 22:40   #6291
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I would take that risk. I've been suffering for the last couple of years so hopefully in a month's time no more irritation down there.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 08:40   #6292
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post

I'm sure you'll just be glad to get it over and done with Mark, and the 17th April is not too far off. Good luck with the op!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 16:33   #6293
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Juliann has just got an interview with Blue Cross Blue Shield in Detroit
She's just heard she's got the job!
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 16:35   #6294
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Absolutely fantastic news Cobby. I bet you are both over the moon.
Old 22-03-2013, 16:36   #6295
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
That's great news Cobby.
Old 22-03-2013, 16:41   #6296
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Absolutely fantastic news Cobby. I bet you are both over the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That's great news Cobby.
Thanks! Just beginning to think about all the work involved in moving. Between us we've got quite a bit of stuff...
Old 22-03-2013, 16:46   #6297
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
I think this is the reward that I was given for being with him for the last 3 months of his life,making sure he doesn't have to die alone. It was the least I could do,I have no regrets and I'm just happy I could be there for him,although at times the pain and suffering was unbearable. Lung cancer is such an awful way to go,and he had problems letting go of life.It wasn't easy for him.

I basically let go of the work I was doing at the time,and thought being with him is more important,I have a whole life ahead of me to make money.

Funny how what goes around,comes around. I love Life!!

R.I.P Dad
You deserve it for your the good you done for him.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 16:50   #6298
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

So you will be leaving these green and pleasant lands (well what's left of 'em)

So very pleased for you both.
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 17:33   #6299
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
So you will be leaving these green and pleasant lands (well what's left of 'em)

So very pleased for you both.
Yes, but don't know when. Lots of planning to do...
Old 22-03-2013, 17:49   #6300
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes, but don't know when. Lots of planning to do...
Ah well, a good raking out of 'no good to me any more', a skip or two, and DO NOT THROW OUT HER STUff!

Ask your good wife back for a final decision on items.
It's easy once you get started.

Pickfords might be a good way to start for removal and storage.They've done it before and will do it again.

In the meantime feel free to send all your music to me for safe-keeping...
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote