Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ps4 crashes superhub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Ps4 crashes superhub

Old 27-10-2019, 09:42   #1
daveo
cf.member

daveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Ps4 crashes superhub

Hello I have a very strange problem where every time I switch the playstation on after about 5 mins the Internet stops working even though the hub shows no problems with lights on the front, if I check on a device for WiFi it still shows up but with no connection if that makes sense? Anyway I have rebooted and reset the hub a few times, tried connecting wired/wireless, tried a different ethernet cable and used a different port etc but still same thing happens, if I reboot the the hub with the PlayStation on, the hub will not work, the lights on the front keep flashing, with the PlayStation off, the hub reboots fine and all other devices connect fine. I've done speed tests that vary from 60 to 100 Mbps. I don't game very often but death stranding is out soon I really don't want Internet issues when that is out, Is this a PlayStation problem or router problem?

Please help thank you.
daveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-10-2019, 07:15   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Ps4 crashes superhub

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo View Post
Hello I have a very strange problem where every time I switch the playstation on after about 5 mins the Internet stops working even though the hub shows no problems with lights on the front, if I check on a device for WiFi it still shows up but with no connection if that makes sense? Anyway I have rebooted and reset the hub a few times, tried connecting wired/wireless, tried a different ethernet cable and used a different port etc but still same thing happens, if I reboot the the hub with the PlayStation on, the hub will not work, the lights on the front keep flashing, with the PlayStation off, the hub reboots fine and all other devices connect fine. I've done speed tests that vary from 60 to 100 Mbps. I don't game very often but death stranding is out soon I really don't want Internet issues when that is out, Is this a PlayStation problem or router problem?

Please help thank you.
Have you contacted Customer Services? I take it that you have tried connecting other devices by ethernet, other than your PS4.

Last edited by roughbeast; 28-10-2019 at 07:19.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 10:32   #3
daveo
cf.member

daveo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Have you contacted Customer Services? I take it that you have tried connecting other devices by ethernet, other than your PS4.
Little update, I tried my PlayStation at a friend's house and it worked fine both wired and wireless, that's with our phones connected to WiFi also, they have the same hub as me. I've contacted virgin as my hub won't boot up at all now so a technician is coming round today..
daveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 19:53   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

glad you got to the bottom of it in good time. They'll swap it over for a shub3 which will be better for you as well if you previously had a shub1 or 2.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote