Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 26-02-2014, 08:45   #1006
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
God. you can be so rude.
Just an observation, but yes, I can be very rude.

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
Yes, now get back to work! Chop!! Chop!!
Your welcome.
Old 26-02-2014, 08:51   #1007
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Call me a cynic but i can't see them replacing ATOS with another company until after the general election next year. Then once that's over if they are still in power a new company will be instated with the same nonsense going on.
I can't see them wanting to do that. they'd have to rely on Labour carrying on their legacy. and not dropping it.

so they'll get somebody else in before they go,

but I do think that whoever does get the contract will be a lot stricter. that'll be the condition of them getting the contract in the first place.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 10:52   #1008
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Any new firm is likely to employ the same people as now, and use the same training and guidance,
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 11:41   #1009
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I can't see them wanting to do that. they'd have to rely on Labour carrying on their legacy. and not dropping it.

so they'll get somebody else in before they go,

but I do think that whoever does get the contract will be a lot stricter. that'll be the condition of them getting the contract in the first place.
I think the same policies will not be that different. I think they may make certain criteria different to save money on appeals but then again with the new mandatory re decision period where some claimants may well give up as they will have to survive on nothing may cover them costs
Old 26-02-2014, 12:44   #1010
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Any new firm is likely to employ the same people as now, and use the same training and guidance,
The reality is we still need a system to tell people they aren't as sick as they think they are,so yes i agree any new company will have to be just as strict that's assuming a company can be found that wants the hassle
Old 26-02-2014, 12:47   #1011
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
The reality is we still need a system to tell people they aren't as sick as they think they are,so yes i agree any new company will have to be just as strict that's assuming a company can be found that wants the hassle
I would like to see referrals made to consultants or relative medical practitioners. I have to metaphorically jump through hoops to get help off every GP I have seen all they ever want to do is dump pills down my throat the last ones had a suicide risk to them for Christ sakes. Now if I went to my DWP medical and if there was doubt about my illness then I would be grateful if they sent me to someone who could actually help me

As you say we need a system that tells patients if they are not as ill as they think well ATOS and the system in place does not do that as those who run the medicals are at best a GP in most cases only as good as a nurse so how can they know how ill you are? We all know GPs are useless when it comes to complex illnesses. How can a none psychiatrically trained person say if someone has a metal illness or not? they can not simples same as a DM can not either
Old 26-02-2014, 12:47   #1012
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
G4S.
They'll do anything.
Jack of all trades.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 14:02   #1013
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

It'll be a "Management Company" raking in huge payments whilst paying peanuts to overworked staff as usual.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 14:36   #1014
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

My partner recently went along with a client to one of these. The guy had a few mental health issues and was refusing to go so she offered to pick him up, take him there and sit in on it.

She wanted to go out of curiosity to see how fairly they were being conducted. She doesn't know if her attending made the difference but they went easy on him and she was surprised that they decided very quickly that he was unfit for work without any persuading required from her.

Knowing the guys history and hearing horror stories on forums she fully expected a problem, but she thought it was conducted fairly and with the right outcome.
Old 26-02-2014, 14:45   #1015
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapee View Post
My partner recently went along with a client to one of these. The guy had a few mental health issues and was refusing to go so she offered to pick him up, take him there and sit in on it.

She wanted to go out of curiosity to see how fairly they were being conducted. She doesn't know if her attending made the difference but they went easy on him and she was surprised that they decided very quickly that he was unfit for work without any persuading required from her.

Knowing the guys history and hearing horror stories on forums she fully expected a problem, but she thought it was conducted fairly and with the right outcome.
You always gets good and bad opinions, you mostly only hear the bad though.

A while back I got called up to see a work advisor to see if there was anything they could do, this was totally out of the blue. (Pre ESA days).

I turned up and she saw straight away I shouldn't be there and sincerely apologized for the inconvenience. She called a taxi for us to take us home, and told to get a receipt and claim the taxi fare back (which I wouldn't have bothered). But at about 6pm she turned up at the door and handed over taxi fare personally. Some do their best to help but often goes unnoticed.
Old 26-02-2014, 15:18   #1016
tizmeinnit

Just had an email from an organisation to do with helping those with disabilities stating that repeat assessments could be missed for 2 years
Old 26-02-2014, 15:31   #1017
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Just had an email from an organisation to do with helping those with disabilities stating that repeat assessments could be missed for 2 years
Is that from the Benefit and Works website tiz?.
Old 26-02-2014, 15:32   #1018
tizmeinnit

it is yes
Old 27-02-2014, 10:31   #1019
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...ction-benefits

I get this with the dwp / job centre all the time, I'm lucky as I have natalie to read my post but they should sort it out! I've had one or two accessible letters inmy time with them but it's hard work getting them.
Yay I got a letter this morning from them in the right format. Original letter for my records - Braille cover letter AND a CD. Nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wowCD.jpg (25.7 KB, 6 views)
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 10:43   #1020
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

That's excellent dilli that they sent you the right format for once.