Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 22-02-2014, 18:43   #961
RizzyKing

Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

There is no excuse for being abusive or physical with job centre staff and anyone who is I hope feels the full weight of the law. There is an appeals process for people to go through and cessation of benefits is put on hold once it is clear you will appeal that's the way to respond not by attacking either verbally or physically staff at the job centre. Whilst I understand the frustration many feel and how unfair they feel the system is they must not descend to the level if the yob as a means to express their anger and frustration.
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2014, 18:51   #962
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I agree Rizzy. but what if the staff member has an 'attitude' with the claimant?
the staff member is taking great joy in stopping the claimants money?

it's ok saying to someone "don't react, and just breathe."
but the way people are now. you have to expect it.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 18:59   #963
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I agree Rizzy. but what if the staff member has an 'attitude' with the claimant?
the staff member is taking great joy in stopping the claimants money?

it's ok saying to someone "don't react, and just breathe."
but the way people are now. you have to expect it.
I think you will find that most people who are attacking staff are the same people who feel it is their right to live on benefits and make very little or no attempt to get work or provide for themselves .They are the ones who will get violent when they realise that the games up and they will have to make more of an effort and the fact that you are prepared to blame the staff says everything we need to know about you and your attitude .
Old 22-02-2014, 19:03   #964
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I think you will find that most people who are attacking staff are the same people who feel it is their right to live on benefits and make very little or no attempt to get work or provide for themselves .They are the ones who will get violent when they realise that the games up and they will have to make more of an effort
Ok, thanks for your assumptions anyway.

Quote:
and the fact that you are prepared to blame the staff says everything we need to know about you and your attitude .
Me?
Old 22-02-2014, 19:03   #965
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I think you will find that most people who are attacking staff are the same people who feel it is their right to live on benefits and make very little or no attempt to get work or provide for themselves .They are the ones who will get violent when they realise that the games up and they will have to make more of an effort and the fact that you are prepared to blame the staff says everything we need to know about you and your attitude .
I think there is no way of knowing the circumstances of any individual so this post is pure speculation. The way some people are treated I can understand the frustration and can see why some would crack.
Old 22-02-2014, 19:11   #966
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I think there is no way of knowing the circumstances of any individual so this post is pure speculation. The way some people are treated I can understand the frustration and can see why some would crack.
I agree. I can see why some would crack. and I can see why they would do it.
Even the staff are expecting it. it's not as if they're saying "I don't know what's come over people lately. it must be something in the water"
Old 22-02-2014, 19:15   #967
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have only experience with two job centres and I have found SOME staff in both of those rude / ignorant / abusive.

But others were helpful and well informed. I expect this is going to be the case in a lot of businesses.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 19:19   #968
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I have only experience with two job centres and I have found SOME staff in both of those rude / ignorant / abusive.

But others were helpful and well informed. I expect this is going to be the case in a lot of businesses.
But that's a good point.
why should any staff in a jobcentre be rude/ignorant/abusive?
was it towards yourself, or what you observed?

did you give them any reason to be either rude/ignorant/abusive towards you?
Old 22-02-2014, 19:24   #969
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
But that's a good point.
why should any staff in a jobcentre be rude/ignorant/abusive?
was it towards yourself, or what you observed?
Myself.

Quote:
did you give them any reason to be either rude/ignorant/abusive towards you?
Yes I went to sign on without looking at their computer Pod things. Which is because I can't see them.

On another occasion I was refused to go on a course as they told me it couldn't be made accessible which is fine but the attitude I got for this was quite bad and I got told I 'may be faking it'.

I could go on with other points but there's no need. As I said there are good people there too. Once I got past the front so to speak and saw the DEA things were different.
Old 22-02-2014, 19:38   #970
RizzyKing

Gary I've been on the end of patronising,rude and ignorant staff and have never reacted verbally or physically because I'm better then that you say "thank you" get up and walk out it's that simple. I've also had some fantastic advisors that couldn't do enough to help me so like every other sector of society it's hit and miss and like everything else you choose how you deal with it. Marty you've clearly got a single vision on the whole welfare situation and there is no debating with you many have tried and your not open to any of it sadly your one of a growing number that is turning this into a them and us situation designed to create tension.
Old 22-02-2014, 20:10   #971
Gary L
cf.mega poster

I think C4 or someone should do a fly on the wall documentary with Jobcentres.
so we can see all angles and sides of it. by way of the attitudes of the staff and claimants. and how the whole process works.

you can see whether it's easy or hard. without having to guess or be told.
Old 22-02-2014, 20:13   #972
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
I think C4 or someone should do a fly on the wall documentary with Jobcentres.
so we can see all angles and sides of it. by way of the attitudes of the staff and claimants. and how the whole process works.

you can see whether it's easy or hard. without having to guess or be told.
Do you actually think they'd do an impartial documentary? I have a very strong feeling it would be like Benefits street and that was hardly impartial.
Old 22-02-2014, 20:18   #973
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Do you actually think they'd do an impartial documentary? I have a very strong feeling it would be like Benefits street and that was hardly impartial.
Probably not.

but it would be great telly!
Old 22-02-2014, 20:19   #974
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Lot's of people would watch it for sure but I don't know about great telly.
Old 22-02-2014, 20:32   #975
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Marty you've clearly got a single vision on the whole welfare situation and there is no debating with you many have tried and your not open to any of it sadly your one of a growing number that is turning this into a them and us situation designed to create tension.
That's just pathetic nonsense ,there is no "them and us" that is a myth started by people like you ,Tiz and Gary .The only issue i and most normal people have is with the workshy ,lead swingers and fakers ,NOT with people in genuine difficulty.