Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lifetime timeshift disappearing?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Lifetime timeshift disappearing?

Old 21-02-2019, 12:31   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Lifetime timeshift disappearing?

I seem to have stumbled across a channel closure whilst looking for schedule information.

Lifetime+1 on 225 has "Channel No Longer Available" on the EPG from 6am on the 6th March.

I believe the HD main channel has disappeared on Sky recently, but VM still have it, and still have listings for HD on this date.

Bit odd. I could understand a channel number change given its position. Maybe axing +1 on VM is a cost saving measure to keep HD variant going, since VM is an all HD network now?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2019, 12:36   #2
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Lifetime timeshift disappearing?

I know Media Boy has said about the on-screen notification of this now showing on another thread. But the wording used is interesting.

It says Lifetime HD will still be available on channel 209. This raises a few questions.
Why single out the HD variant rather than mention both?
Why only mention the HD variant when it isn't available on as many TV packages?

To me this suggests the HD version is going to be the only version available on VM soon. And this may in turn mean either the availability of the channel overall is going to decrease, or increase for the HD version by moving it to a lower package level.
Old 07-03-2019, 20:38   #3
garethf1927
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV 360 4K UHD Bluray 4K UHD HDR TV
garethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about them

It's gone on all platforms.
garethf1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 16:00   #4
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethf1927 View Post
It's gone on all platforms.

No loss, if you want it record it and watch when you want- no limitation to +1 hour then
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:26   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

This is hardly newsworthy. Does this even deserve a thread? Has the abolition of this +1 channel actually ruined lives?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:25   #6
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This is hardly newsworthy. Does this even deserve a thread? Has the abolition of this +1 channel actually ruined lives?
If we go down that route nothing is newsworthy regarding TV, it's not a hospital closure, or a car accident. This is a Cable Forum, things that happen on Cable get reported and discussed here.

I have no interest in the channel content whatsoever. The reason I started the thread was that I thought it odd that, at the time of writing the first post, what was happening to the channel on Sky appeared to be different than on VM. One had its HD variant axed, the other a +1. I was thinking about it in the context of platform strategy for an individual channel and all channels in general. They are businesses, and I was wondering about their decision reasoning.

And given there is a Coming Soon thread but not a Closing Soon one, and since it hadn't been mentioned here on Cable Forums (to my knowledge, I wouldn't post if I knew it had been said before) I thought I'd be helpful and mention it. It's easier to notice it with an individual thread. It got 400 views before there was even a 2nd post, so there was interest, even if it was just vague curiousity.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:17   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Yes let's please apply common courtesy to others.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:31   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
If we go down that route nothing is newsworthy regarding TV, it's not a hospital closure, or a car accident. This is a Cable Forum, things that happen on Cable get reported and discussed here.

I have no interest in the channel content whatsoever. The reason I started the thread was that I thought it odd that, at the time of writing the first post, what was happening to the channel on Sky appeared to be different than on VM. One had its HD variant axed, the other a +1. I was thinking about it in the context of platform strategy for an individual channel and all channels in general. They are businesses, and I was wondering about their decision reasoning.

And given there is a Coming Soon thread but not a Closing Soon one, and since it hadn't been mentioned here on Cable Forums (to my knowledge, I wouldn't post if I knew it had been said before) I thought I'd be helpful and mention it. It's easier to notice it with an individual thread. It got 400 views before there was even a 2nd post, so there was interest, even if it was just vague curiousity.
Sorry, I guess I was having a bad day!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:37   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sorry, I guess I was having a bad day!
No worries. We all have those