Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Am I thick, have VM always used EE?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Am I thick, have VM always used EE?

Old 07-01-2018, 12:49   #1
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Am I thick, have VM always used EE?

I've been on EE for ages, but I always thought VM used vodaphone or something, I've now discovered they use EE, is this forever, or something (reasonably) new?
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2018, 13:10   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Am I thick, have VM always used EE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I've been on EE for ages, but I always thought VM used vodaphone or something, I've now discovered they use EE, is this forever, or something (reasonably) new?
I believe VM used T-Mobile, which is now part of EE.
Old 07-01-2018, 13:36   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I can confirm your thick
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 14:39   #4
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I believe VM used T-Mobile, which is now part of EE.
Thanks Snoop, now I need to see if I can add mobile to my package
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 16:10   #5
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I only found out recently that VM used EE when I tried a new sim in my youngest son's sim free iphone only to be told that it had been locked to EE despite never being a EE customer. EE explained that VM used EE and the phone was now locked to there network because of the first sim used in the phone and wanted £8.99 to unlock the phone. I explained that I would be seeking advice on this matter in which she said that EE had did nothing wrong and I would need to pay the £8.99.

When my eldest son came home that night I explained this to him and I admit I am lucky enough that my eldest son is in his final year of Law doing his honors, so he phoned EE and explained to the lady at EE customer services that if they could provide any agreement of his Mother agreeing for her sim free unlocked iphone being locked to EE then he would gladly advice me that I need to pay the fee but if they can't provide such an agreement then by Law they had no right to lock the phone, they said as a good will gesture they would unlock free of charge.

I admit he rang rings around the EE customer service department with all his legal jargon and I was very proud of him
Old 07-01-2018, 16:16   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

He could have just pointed them HERE.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 16:22   #7
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

To be honest they tried to say it was a matter for car phone warehouse, honestly pip they were adamant that I would need to pay the £8.99 until my son took on the matter.